It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with high-powered rifles and ‘tank buster’ bullets arrested for posting liberal ‘hit list�

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Originally posted by 007Polytoks
reply to post by MDDoxs

"Unstable"?

You do know that the media loves to grab the worst, most disheveled picture of people they can find; correct?

I am sure one could find pictures of you when you were just waking up that would look similar.

To pretend as if you can assess his mental health from one picture is to fall astray of logic.

Please don’t assume I came to my conclusions based on a photo of the individual. Perhaps you should re-examine your logic on forming ill informed conclusions. Further, I never crowned myself component to diagnose mental instability, it was an opinion.

My opinion was based on the information presented which is as follows:
1. Man publicly posted a list of individuals he wants to kill.
2. Believing that the people listed are scum/traitors that need to die.

I would classify that as someone who could be potentially "unstable", but if you have better criteria, then please let me know.

edit on 22-2-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Where is your proof he publicly posted a list of individuals he wanted to kill?

You are going to take the word of the media, or his supposed "house keeper"?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

My opinion was based on the information presented which is as follows: 1. Man publicly posted a list of individuals he wants to kill. 2. Believing that the people listed are scum/traitors that need to die. I would classify that as someone who could be potentially "unstable", but if you have better criteria, then please let me know.

1 yeah well the government does have it's list of who it wants to kill
2, those same people call them scum and say they need to die

By that opinion/logic the current administration needs to be locked up because it is "unstable".

No wait that won't happen.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Oh geez, looks like people are dragging in the gun control debate, look at this excerpt from CBS New York

“I think what may have particularly have gotten his ire in the past month or two were the various legislation enacted with respect to the rights to possess a firearm. I think that was particularly upsetting to him,” Sgt. Cummings told 1010 WINS. “One posting which was posted about a month ago said that if anybody ever came to take the arms, they would suffer the consequences.”

The media is certainly on the war path when it comes to this conetentious issue.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by MDDoxs

1 yeah well the government does have it's list of who it wants to kill
2, those same people call them scum and say they need to die

By that opinion/logic the current administration needs to be locked up because it is "unstable".

No wait that won't happen.

1. Irrelevant to the issue at hand. Though I wont necessarily disagree with you

2. Who called who what?

THe current administration is unstable, i thought you would have agreed
Have you gone liberal Neo
JK!!
edit on 22-2-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Nah I agree with the dude up to a certain point they are scum and traitors, but would not go to jail over them they are not worth it nor is it my place to play god.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It is entirely possible for the authorities to manufacture a 'terrorist' and have the media be complicit. I don't know if that was done in this case but it has been done over and over again against groups or people outspoken against the Government. Look at what happened with the Black Panthers and COINTELPRO. Look at what happened recently with the Occupy Movement most notably the NATO 5. This crap does happen and thus the reason we need to protect each other even when we disagree. It won't always be manufactured, crazy and evil do exist however... dig deeper on this one, it's worth questioning.

First they came for... but I said nothing because...
Let those words compel you instead of haunt you.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by MDDoxs

Nah I agree with the dude up to a certain point they are scum and traitors, but would not go to jail over them they are not worth it nor is it my place to play god.

Amen

Bro hug? kidding....
I think i have had to much coffee.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

These news people are the biggest morons out there.

The 2 "high powered rifles' was a Mosin Nagent, which fires the 7.56x54 round and a lever action likely chambered in 30-30.

The armor piercing rounds are military surplus from the 40's. The tank buster statement is about as dumb as it gets as well. They might pierce a WWII tank, but not the current tanks used by even a 2nd world nation.

And the "bullet proof vest" they showed is anything but. First there is no such thing as a "bullet proof vest", just like the whole usage of "assault weapons".
There are ballistic vest which have degrees of ability to stop a round. And anything that can be a weapon, can be used to assault. The vest shows was a flak vest probably from the Vietnam area.

I do love the whole "Stock pile of weapons" usage as well. Just about a frightful sounding as it looks

Some old antique swords and a WWI trench dagger is SOOOO scary.

You people in this area sure are gullible. Your news is the biggest bunch of buffoon out there.

Now, making threats to Political officials and the fact that here we have a CRIMINAL that obtained firearms illegally shows that gun laws still don't work.

Just stupid.

edit on 22-2-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by neo96

Why are those called tank busters?

Defined by the Media as such. nuff said.

And what about that .50 cal they reported???

Oh, must not have been available to take pictures at that time.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Oh geez, looks like people are dragging in the gun control debate, look at this excerpt from CBS New York

“I think what may have particularly have gotten his ire in the past month or two were the various legislation enacted with respect to the rights to possess a firearm. I think that was particularly upsetting to him,” Sgt. Cummings told 1010 WINS. “One posting which was posted about a month ago said that if anybody ever came to take the arms, they would suffer the consequences.”

The media is certainly on the war path when it comes to this conetentious issue.

Exactly why we shouldn't just take their word without evidence.

They WANT us to think he was "unstable"; thus why they posted the most disheveled photo they could find.

They WANT us to take their "word" for it; no proof was provided just a claim.

For all we know the Landlord could have set him up... and the police/media obviously went along for the ride.

Anyways, why would he post a list online?

Plus, they expect us to believe that they can foil plots like these against politicians by simply "getting a tip"; yet they were completely unable to stop the most obvious terrorist attack in history (9/11), even tho they received TONS of information prior about the attacks?? What about Oklahoma city where an ATF agent was repeatedly informing the agency of what Timothy was going to do? What about 1993 WTC bombing; where the main bomb maker was a FBI informant!! Or what about the fact that 17 out of the 20 foiled terrorist plots after 9/11 have been facilitated/created by the FBI?

They have a huge security infrastructure in place to catch people like these; with keyword programs that can easily bring up "flags" when some one posts something such as this on the internet. Yet it took a random person to "tip them off" to this guy? Don't take these people's word for it EVER...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 007Polytoks

The .50 round, if we are talking something like a depleted uranium round might make it through some of the areas that aren't as reinforced, but as a whole, no, the round can't.

I find it highly unlikely, like 99.9999999999% sure he did not have such rounds.

Just morons reporting moronic statements.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
It is entirely possible for the authorities to manufacture a 'terrorist' and have the media be complicit. I don't know if that was done in this case but it has been done over and over again against groups or people outspoken against the Government. Look at what happened with the Black Panthers and COINTELPRO. Look at what happened recently with the Occupy Movement most notably the NATO 5. This crap does happen and thus the reason we need to protect each other even when we disagree. It won't always be manufactured, crazy and evil do exist however... dig deeper on this one, it's worth questioning.

First they came for... but I said nothing because...
Let those words compel you instead of haunt you.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Kali . . . Star for your comments. Just wanted to publicly state that because I know you and I have been at opposite ends of debate in other threads. However, I agree with you far more than I disagree!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Mac . . . I don't think that flak is old. Looks like the standard frag vests that you can pick up for 150-200 dollars. Definitely not "bullet proof" though, as you said. Typical LI or II kevlar.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm very leery of such articles because an ignorant MSM has no doubt put their spin on it.

Firstly, the "tank buster" terminology has traditionally been associated with the A-10 Warthog aircraft as a 'tank buster' platform. They do use 50 cal rounds, and 50 cal rounds can be quite effective at penetration since penetration has less to do with the size of the round than it does the density of the round. There are depleted uranium 50 cal rounds out there, which would probably do a fair share of damage even to a MBT, but again the platforms that use these are slinging rounds by the thousands.

They will spin this to make him out to be a total nutcase no doubt. He may actually be a nut, but we'll never know. If he made any threats on the internet, he's an idiot.

Lastly, I'm trying to figure out how a limitation on the ownership of types of armament fits in with "shall not be infringed". Can anybody help me out here?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by 007Polytoks

The .50 round, if we are talking something like a depleted uranium round might make it through some of the areas that aren't as reinforced, but as a whole, no, the round can't.

I find it highly unlikely, like 99.9999999999% sure he did not have such rounds.

Just morons reporting moronic statements.

Yeah, but how would he get DU rounds; I was pretty sure those are non civilian.

Anyways, the media/police stance on guns is not only sensationalist, but hypocritical. The police are constantly being let off after murdering people; yet I fail to see the major media outcry trying to take their guns away. The military has killed more civilians the world over then any "crazed lone gunman"; yet I fail to see the major media outcry trying to take their guns away. The worst part is that this whole time our governments have been selling guns to corrupt dictatorships; Indonesia to name a big one. They say they "need to disarm the citizens for their safety", but at the same time sell guns to a regime that was responsible for genocide.

It seems like the message they are trying to get across is "we trust foreign dictatorships more then our own citizens".

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

What makes this guy trouble exactly? Because he went into any ammo store and bought 50 calbur? I have never until this article heard them called tank buster bullets. That is the new push to have them banned. I don't think they commonly sell the type of 50 cal that would be could do much (if any) damage to a tank.

PLUS did he actually have anything to shoot them from?

He looks like a normal guy getting nabbed on trumped up charges saying something that isn't half as inflammatory as some of the things I've seen on ATS.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynxpilot
I'm very leery of such articles because an ignorant MSM has no doubt put their spin on it.

Firstly, the "tank buster" terminology has traditionally been associated with the A-10 Warthog aircraft as a 'tank buster' platform. They do use 50 cal rounds, and 50 cal rounds can be quite effective at penetration since penetration has less to do with the size of the round than it does the density of the round. There are depleted uranium 50 cal rounds out there, which would probably do a fair share of damage even to a MBT, but again the platforms that use these are slinging rounds by the thousands.

They will spin this to make him out to be a total nutcase no doubt. He may actually be a nut, but we'll never know. If he made any threats on the internet, he's an idiot.

Lastly, I'm trying to figure out how a limitation on the ownership of types of armament fits in with "shall not be infringed". Can anybody help me out here?

The A-10 fires a 30 × 173 mm round; that is 17.3 mm bigger then the .50 caliber round.

Here is the A-10's cannon:

Compared to this .50 caliber rifle:

Maybe you are thinking of the Soviet Yak-B 12.7mm, or the DSKM; which due to ROF can be much more devastating then a bolt action .50 caliber rifle. Both of these machine gun's are not legal for civilians.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
hes a retard and needs a spanking

AP rounds aren't tank busters....RPG is a tank buster, so is a toe missile..now if you had 20mm APIT, that might make their day

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 007Polytoks

Originally posted by lynxpilot

The A-10 fires a 30 × 173 mm round; that is 17.3 mm bigger then the .50 caliber round.

Here is the A-10's cannon:

Compared to this .50 caliber rifle:

Maybe you are thinking of the Soviet Yak-B 12.7mm, or the DSKM; which due to ROF can be much more devastating then a bolt action .50 caliber rifle. Both of these machine gun's are not legal for civilians.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The only thing I see in that pic is a smirk of righteous indignation.

“Are you F#% kidding me?”.....is what he is thinking.

An old bolt action, and a lever action is not an arsenal.
100 rounds does not make a stockpile.
I can blow through 100 rounds in a couple minutes.
27 of those 100 was for a rifle he didn’t even own.
You can’t hardly even properly sight in a scope with 27 rounds.

edit on 22-2-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join