It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with high-powered rifles and ‘tank buster’ bullets arrested for posting liberal ‘hit list�

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 007Polytoks
reply to post by MDDoxs

"Unstable"?

You do know that the media loves to grab the worst, most disheveled picture of people they can find; correct?

I am sure one could find pictures of you when you were just waking up that would look similar.

To pretend as if you can assess his mental health from one picture is to fall astray of logic.

One might think that his posting a list of elected officials he wished to see dead to his personal Facebook account adds a lot of merit to the idea that he was both dangerous and unstable. Not to mention tremendously freaking stupid. And, I ask myself, should a man who has demonstrated himself to be a) mentally unstable, b) dangerous and c) tremendously, almost cartoonishly stupid have firearms in his possession, even an old Nagant a lever-action rifle. Invariably, my answer to that question is a resounding # NO.

And for the record, to preempt any limp-wristed sissy librul talk from the NRA types, I'm a gun owner. I hunt, I target shoot, all that. But I don't pleasure myself thinking about my guns, so said NRA types might have me there.
edit on 2/22/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

The m107 can fire armor-piercing incendiary m8 rounds.

The round cannot pierce an Abrams, but foreign forces usually don't own them.
edit on 22-2-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

We can all sit here and argue semantics, what he may or may not have said or any imagined context. The simple fact that he posted such a thing on his personal Facebook account demonstrates to me that he's simply too stupid to own firearms.

But in terms of protecting elected officials from kooks, this action really isn't going to do squat. That's because anybody with the ability and the wherewithal to pull off such a thing are not going to run around blabbing about it, not even on the internet, and especially not on #ing Facebook.

That's why I always get such a kick when loons pop up on ATS saying "Hang the traitors!" and calling for armed rebellion against the federal government. It's all juvenile bluster, which amuses me.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Aint that awesome the guy neither has any rights to free speech or his 2nd amendment rights.

Golf clap.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Aint that awesome the guy neither has any rights to free speech or his 2nd amendment rights.

Golf clap.

Not if you're a Conservative!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

There are two kinds of people in this world all talk and the ones you never see coming.

The latter are the ones they should be worrying about as the guy in the op was arrested without incident.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Do first amendment rights extend to posting alleged threats to freaking Facebook of all places? I'd like to see what he posted, but the snippets provided in the admittedly sensationalist article paints a rather damning picture.

You know damn well that there's a limit to right to free speech. If you post on the internet saying "I wanna kill a, b, x and y" then those are terroristic threats and should be dealt with.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

In what way it is an issue of politics? Are you suggesting that if he had posted a list of Republican/Tea Party figures/Koch brothers he would like to kill then the President would have personally presented him with a metal and certificate?

A kook is a kook, regardless of political ideology.
edit on 2/22/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Do first amendment rights extend to posting alleged threats to freaking Facebook of all places?

I don't care what the guy said the fact is the land lady went in when he wasn't there and illegally searched his property says everything to me.

Then ratted to the police.

You know damn well that there's a limit to right to free speech.

Some people like to think there is just like they think their is a limit to 2nd amendment rights this country use to be about getting arrested for actions now they get arrested for mere words.

That is mighty fascist.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Monger

Do first amendment rights extend to posting alleged threats to freaking Facebook of all places?

I don't care what the guy said the fact is the land lady went in when he wasn't there and illegally searched his property says everything to me.

Then ratted to the police.

You know damn well that there's a limit to right to free speech.

Some people like to think there is just like they think their is a limit to 2nd amendment rights this country use to be about getting arrested for actions now they get arrested for mere words.

That is mighty fascist.

I am with you on this neo. Whos to say what else the "land lady" did while there at his place when he wasn't present. This if for nothing else is why I could never ever rent.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

The m107 can fire armor-piercing incendiary m8 rounds.

The round cannot pierce an Abrams, but foreign forces usually don't own them.
edit on 22-2-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

A 50bmg AP round is able to penetrate 1.8 inches of soft steel at almost point blank range.
At a thousand yards, that goes down to 5/8 thick soft steel.

Even the little defenseless Iraqi type 69 tank has an armor thickness of 8 inches worth of hard steel.

edit on 22-2-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

now they get arrested for mere words.

And at this point, we don’t even know what the words are yet.
Besides a few carefully selected phrases that have no context.

I wonder if they will now start cracking down on people that say they will resist government tyranny, by saying that they are “making threats”?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

They wanted to make it sound more scary.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What was the landlord thinking

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i dont see why anything to do with guns always turns to "oh my, the government are soooo against us!"

get a grip ffs, if he had posted a hitlist of your family members you would be all for getting him locked up. not posting stupid replys about how a 50 cal gun cant damage a tank. yeah but it'll blow a hole the size of a football in you.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by neo96

Why are those called tank busters?

They can bust open a good-sized fish tank with good shot placement.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

please tell me you are not serious. are you a troll ? please update your knowledge of current firearm peramiters before byou subject us to your lack thereof.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rcowboy

The trolls think a 50 cal can take out a tank.

Might want to read the entire thread before commenting next time,.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
My Mind was Blown.

My Mind was Blown.

I just Read the First TWO pages of Replies , and the GOP Diversion Crew are in their Full Glory.

Not ONE Person Mentioned this NUT JOB had a HIT LIST of Liberals !!!!!!!!!!!!

All B.S. discussion of what a 50 Cal is....

No Wonder Gun Confiscation is a Hot Topic, Folks in the GOP think its Normal to Make Death List based on Party Affiliation.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Did you forget Dorner there eh?

Really want to make this thread about right versus left?

We can.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join