It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with high-powered rifles and ‘tank buster’ bullets arrested for posting liberal ‘hit list�

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hi

Sry if this has been posted I didnt see it

Larry Mulqueen was arraigned on Thursday on charges of “making terroristic threats, illegally possessing weapons and harassment.” He posted a hit list on facebook saying that all of the president’s follower were “traitor scum” and promised “death to them all.”

The hit list included names like Nancy Pelosi ,Sen. Harry Reid ,Chuck Schumer,Andrew Cuomo ,Nita Lowey ) and all members of the Congressional Black Caucus.

His landlady saw the list and alerted authorities. In his house they found found two high-powered rifles, two bayonets, a sword, a knuckle knife, body armor and ammunition. Included in the 100 rounds of ammunition were 27 so-called “tank buster” .50 caliber armor-piercing shells.

This guy was trouble

link

Police in Clarkstown, New York have confiscated a cache of high-powered weapons and body armor from a man who was arrested for posting death threats against against many Democratic politicians and every liberal supporter of President Barack Obama.

According to WCBS, 49-year-old Larry Mulqueen was arraigned on Thursday on charges of “making terroristic threats, illegally possessing weapons and harassment

edit on 22-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
50 cal is a tank buster?

Geez why do they make those rockets to blow up tanks then ?

Love to see a moron try to shoot a M1 with a 50 cal. someone is going to have their day ruined and it isn't going to be anyone sitting in a tank.

No surprise when it comes to all things "guns" and media they do love to lie.
edit on 22-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
No details on his "cache" but if the medias chosen pics of a couple of old Mosin's and some suplus knives is any indication the medias hyperbole is outrageous.

I just watched the whole video.

A couple #ty knives, a Mosin and a lever carbine.

And the "body armor" is some #ty flak jacket.

All of these things would still be legal under even the most oppressive of the proposed gun control measures out there now. I guess we'll have to move to ban ancient bolt action Mosins and lever action hunting rifles now?
edit on 22-2-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why are those called tank busters?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Well . . . . I'm not going to say that this guy wasn't going to follow through, as only he would know that for sure. Anyone that would actually write down a list is definitely someone that seems a bit unstable.

However, 100 rds? That is not very much at all, especially considering they are of various calibers. And I don't see how the weapons displayed lend credence to him "gearing up" for action. Pretty plain arms he has and as the above stated .50 cal is not going to "bust" any tank or heavily armored vehicle. Especially, when he didn't own a .50 cal firearm.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by neo96

Why are those called tank busters?

Never heard them called tank busters either the police or the media coined the term.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Posting death threats on Facebook is just plain stupid. This gives the authorities the excuse they need to confiscate all his peashooters.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hey Neo, from a bit of research I have seen that many variation of the .50 caliber round exist and there are those with specific purpose of piercing armored targets. Even within the armor piercing sub-sections exist even more variations including incendiary, tracer rounds etc. I believe that some of these variations are illegal.

I will agree with you that the media has certainly sensationalized these issue by detailing the equipment found, however I am not to sure how relevant that really is.

reply to post by goou111

With regards to this man’s action, it was pretty foolish he made his list so public, he was just asking to be scooped up.

With the contentious gun debate still raging, I fear that these events will be publicized and sensationalized more and more often, condemning respondsible gun owners.

In any case, one less unstable person off the street were he could have done harm.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path

Pretty plain arms he has and as the above stated .50 cal is not going to "bust" any tank or heavily armored vehicle. Especially, when he didn't own a .50 cal firearm.

Maybe he can throw really, really, really hard.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
.50 calibur machine guns can take down tanks with ease, especially with armor piercing or incendiary rounds.

However in this instance, the most that this guy had is a .50 calibur rifle, which is completely legal in the US, ammo and all as far as I am aware. I'd be hell bent to see anyone take down any kind of vehicle with a bolt action rifle, regardless of the ammunition they use.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Firstly, where is their proof that he even wrote this list?

Secondly, how is the statement of his supposed "housekeeper" considered 100% proof of his "crime"?

What if she disliked him for some reason, and decided to get back at him?

Thirdly, this kind of # is exactly what the government loves to flaunt: "tell on your parent's, tell on your kids, tell on your employers". Pathetic snitch mentality at best. Trying to devolve our society into some Fascist spy State; people have seemingly forgot about honor, and integrity, now its all fair game to "get ahead". Or to win favor with "Big Brother".

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Hey Neo, from a bit of research I have seen that many variation of the .50 caliber round exist and there are those with specific purpose of piercing armored targets. Even within the armor piercing sub-sections exist even more variations including incendiary, tracer rounds etc. I believe that some of these variations are illegal.

Doesn't take any research to know that the guns in those pictures are not capable of firing 50 cals. the issue was calling them "tank busters" to sell a story.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I just had a thought since there is no apparent rifle for the .50 cal ammo.

Those tipped rounds off to the right look suspiciously like 7.62x54r which would go with his Mosin.

Anyone think the cops are dumb enough to read 54r on the case and called it ".50 caliber"? So-called "armor piercing" surplus is easy to find and dirt cheap and not at all "armor piercing."

I'm willing to bet they could/would/have done things so stupid.

link   

Originally posted by TheNewRevolution
.50 calibur machine guns can take down tanks with ease, especially with armor piercing or incendiary rounds.

However in this instance, the most that this guy had is a .50 calibur rifle, which is completely legal in the US, ammo and all as far as I am aware. I'd be hell bent to see anyone take down any kind of vehicle with a bolt action rifle, regardless of the ammunition they use.

A .50 caliber rifle, even an anti-material one; is going to have a-lot of trouble taking down any MBT.

APC, or IFV's might be fairly easy to penetrate, but not a tank.

12.7 is the mm of a .50 caliber round; that will not penetrate 100mm of armor.

The Abrams hull can deflect a APFSDS tank shell (100mm shell +) at 600 mm....

How a 12.7 mm shell is going to pierce that is beyond me.

link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by MDDoxs

Doesn't take any research to know that the guns in those pictures are not capable of firing 50 cals. the issue was calling them "tank busters" to sell a story.

I will admit to a limited knowledge on firearms, but as you have inferred from the article that a weapon was not present that could fire the .50 caliber round, however that does not necessarily mean he does no possess one in a different location.

Again, I will agree that the term "tank buster" is meant to sensationalize the article. Also the fact they mentioned sword and knuckles trying to paint a more dramatic picture, i believe also supports your assessment.

I starred your posts in recognition of this fact.

None the less, the individual appears to unstable and in possession of numerous weapons.

edit on 22-2-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Those tipped rounds off to the right look suspiciously like 7.62x54r which would go with his Mosin.

Anyone think the cops are dumb enough to read 54r on the case and called it ".50 caliber"? So-called "armor piercing" surplus is easy to find and dirt cheap and not at all "armor piercing."

DING, DING, DING . . . Winner winner chicken dinner!

Still more likely they are sensationalizing for media effect, but I did have a LEO (visiting my neighbor) not know the difference between 5.56Nato and .223 . . . He didn't think 5.56Nato was legal for civilians to own!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

"Unstable"?

You do know that the media loves to grab the worst, most disheveled picture of people they can find; correct?

I am sure one could find pictures of you when you were just waking up that would look similar.

To pretend as if you can assess his mental health from one picture is to fall astray of logic.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

No gun and No ammo for the 50 cal wonder how come there is no photo evidence the police always love to show off their "trophies".

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 007Polytoks
reply to post by MDDoxs

"Unstable"?

You do know that the media loves to grab the worst, most disheveled picture of people they can find; correct?

I am sure one could find pictures of you when you were just waking up that would look similar.

To pretend as if you can assess his mental health from one picture is to fall astray of logic.

Please don’t assume I came to my conclusions based on a photo of the individual. Perhaps you should re-examine your logic on forming ill informed conclusions. Further, I never crowned myself component to diagnose mental instability, it was an opinion.

My opinion was based on the information presented which is as follows:
1. Man publicly posted a list of individuals he wants to kill.
2. Believing that the people listed are scum/traitors that need to die.

I would classify that as someone who could be potentially "unstable", but if you have better criteria, then please let me know.

edit on 22-2-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
just updated the op

It was his landlady that found the list not his housekeeper

sry for the confusion

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join