It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit! The Forced Slavery of America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

** APPLAUSE** for your post.

Who determines what is the wage a man should get, when the capitalist system employers use is based upon meeting needs, and one of such criteria is supply and demand principle?

If everyone has a PHD, wouldnt the car mechanic be the top most earner in a nation, as there is a low supply of mechanics but an oversupply of PHDs in the market?

It is such stupidities that had created the mess we are in right now, which is in NO way how capitalism at work.

Graduates thought that they would be earning fat salaries, but now, after years of hard work mugging books and flippin burgers through college, find themselves out of work and either happy now with $3/hr flippin burgers just to survive, or just plain angry to accept any job other than what they had mugged for - International finance in banks, something which is no longer in demand and is limited to only a few cronies even in its heyday.

Worse, society CANNOT operate upon having everyone a PHD in international finance, or forced to mug for it even if they have no interest but bullied by their parents that IT IS the only way to riches, because then who will be the secretaries, construction workers, engineers, scientists, doctors, and waiters, etc that makes a vibrant society sustainable???

The rich then turned to immigrants, legal and illegal to do those jobs, as a solution, paying these workers the absolute minimum slave wages, while they take the dragon's cut, get fat and hoarded their wealth. As the top positions are limited, soon a backlog of unemployed grows annually, resulting in the rich getting richer while the citizens 'eat cake'.

Another issue is that employers often claimed that they were the brains of the enterprise, and should rightfully get the dragon's share. Truth is, could the employer do it alone, no matter how good and biz acumen he was, WITHOUT the help of staff and consumers and society?

He could not, and yet, the People ALLOW him to get his big mouthfull. If we are not slaves, then what are we? Village idiots, deserving to be used and abused at will by the rich?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We are all slaves, but not slaves to the government,or banks, or big corporations we are slaves to our own desires, greed and selfishness.

In order to survive you only need food,shelter,clothes and some occasional medical care.

you aren`t a slave to those basic necessities, you are a slave to the level and quality of those necessities that you desire.

we are slaves to our desires to own a junior McMansion,to have the newest cell phone, to own the newest vehicle,to wear the latest fashion,to eat the best quality foods,to have the most modern heating and cooling systems, we are slaves to our own desires to live the most comfortable and easiest lives that we can.

some people don`t mind being poor because for them being poor is more comfortable and easier than being part of the rat race of slaves slaving to fulfill all their desires.
being a slave to your wants and desires is hard work it`s nor comfortable or easy, some people think it`s a better trade off to be poor and opt out of the race to fulfill all their wants and desires.

everyone can survive and live a happy life without being a slave to their material desires and wants,but most people don`t have the self discipline or self control to do it.
We have been conditioned to believe that we are what we own but that isn`t true and it`s never been true.
The fact is that, you are what you do,if you do the things that a slave does then you are a slave,regardless of how much you may or may not own.

edit on 17-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
reply to post by spqrenki

It is not hard to quit. You just need to start your own business. You don't have to tell any of the ABC agency's if you stay in your local counties and pay tax on the parts you purchase up front. It is a hard go but a lot of people do this.

I would like to add here that change is happening, very quietly perhaps but it is changing. In my neck of the woods particularly, the shadow economy is not only thriving but is growing by leaps and bounds. Direct trades for real goods and services. We have finally begun to create local non-gmo seed banking systems. One local community is minting coin. I can see why this is not necessarily newsworthy but don't doubt that others have begun the work it will take to prepare for the future some of us would like to pass to our children.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Yes. I can agree with you that one becomes a slave when he thinks he is a slave, as taught by the man-twisted religions by the greedy preachers of that all mainstream 'religious' preachers had sought to pacify the masses in support of their rich benefactors or themselves. ManKind can adapt, will adapt, and HAD adapted for centuries.

But it is quite another thing to wake up to the realities of what is happening before our eyes. Why are we struggling, some without jobs for years not from not trying to find one, some homeless or evicted, some stucked in low end paying jobs slaving away daily, while a minority and their progenies are living the high life?

Why?!!

The 2008 financial crisis had been a divine wake up call for all mankind. If the rich and corrupted WORLDWIDE refuses to wake up to its warnings, then they best be prepared for the consequences to come, when push become shove. May that not happen and the rich wake up in time.
edit on 17-2-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pennylemon

Very good news

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

My, my, my... tone and language. We wouldn't want you undermining your own credibility with such derogatory and seemingly bigoted terminology - in anger or otherwise. It is very unbecoming.

Originally posted by spqrenki
The contradiction was done purposely... just as the contraction of my name supporting both the Roman Empire and Enki/Lucifer while preaching freedom and liberty. I could have just as easily made the thread titled "The Forced Slavery of America". Regardless, while we are literal slaves to food, the toilet, and whatever else necessary, finding a job and working it is not.

Ummm OK. Rome and Lucifer. Got it.

This country was founded on the idea that "we did it ourselves"

A point that seems to be lost upon you. "We" and "ourselves" is plural. Not singular, Not possessive. In fact the Constitution begins:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Source

The bolding is mine to demonstrate that the clear intent of the Framers was to create a great and just society. One where the whole mattered and where the individual could distinguish himself. Not just one or the other.

And this plays back into the green hot dog thing that I mentioned a few pages back. If you're that stupid to get into the rusted back seat of a broke down car claiming to be a taxi cab, you reap what you sow. Meaning, at some point, there needs to be some personal responsibility here. What you fail to realize in your rant on endless scum bag taxi drivers is that today, we have video evidence of such things.

Are you honestly naive enough to suggest that bad things only happen to people as a consequence of personal irresponsibility??? Sorry man... but even the kid in the helmet who drools for a hobby knows that a green hot dog is a no-go. Further, your answer to insurance is that there are enough cameras around to record the accidents???

This doesn't even make sense.

Again, Government doesn't need to play nanny with grown adults.

Grown adults? Like Bernie Madoff? Charles Manson? Jeffery Dahner? Linsday Lohan??? All adults who need a buttload of nannying. Not a very valid point, you make, I am afraid. We have prisons filled to the rafters with adults who needed a bit of nannying.

As if history is not written by the victor in most cases as it is in your blessed text books. So I beg to ask the question, which is the lesser of two evils? The obvious propaganda or the free people giving their opinion?

Another line of thought that makes no sense? Are you asking me if I think opinion outweighs historical record? The adage that history is "written by the victors" is really all that accurate at all. In fact one can find many cases where the history of those who lost speaks more powerfully today than does the voice of the victor. Know anyone who is cheering for Custer in this day and age? Tending to side with the dissenting opinion based only upon the fact that it is the dissenting opinion smacks of a lack of maturity and a predisposed and agenda based thought process.

Yes I state I quit. That means I have no money? So because I refuse to hold down a steady job, I'm some bum living in a box? And what is it that you do good sir?

In order:
1) Good for you and good luck.
2) I have no idea how much money you may or may not have. Nor do I care.
3) Would you point me to where I referred to you as a "bum" or mentioned cardboard boxes please.
4) I certainly don't quit - and at my age it is appropriate for me to reply with "None of your damned business."

*** I am skipping past the next part of your post because it's distasteful and not something I am going to participate in***

~To be continued in the next post

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Your quote
"I have no problem with hard working/intelligent people earning 8, 20, or

even 100 times the average wage"

So where would you fit footballers/sportsmen in that scheme of things?....its only a game

after all!!

Some footballers earn in a week/month what surgeons earn in a year, and I have watched

where surgeons transplant faces, organs, limbs and save lives on 16 plus hour shifts.....

Now they I consider are deserving and worth more!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
That is what we sacrifice to be 'civilized', it's inherent. I can't wait to see it all crumble away. We can run away together and start a tribe! but we have to keep it on the down low, white people don't take kindly to enlightened individuals.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You never will see it will you beezzer? The money system/profit system is one that cannot sustain itself. Something new and revolutionary needs to come about. The last documentary Zeitgeist comes sort of closer to what we need. Maybe just a wisp of where the truth lies but it does point in that particular direction.

We are not free. :shk:

I felt it since I was a child and I am a 50 year old Cafe owner.

Something big is coming though everyone can feel it to some degree some more than others.

edit on 17-2-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Distasteful? You wanted to discuss history? This isn't Dr. Sues. This is human history. I'm curious why you don't want to talk about history. I got it from the internet. This is my cliff notes that I got from my cardboard box.

This is very unbecoming of you.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
*** continued***

I don't quit money. I don't quit society. I simply quit being a slave. I want America back. The ideas that we were founded on. The freedom and liberty that was necessary to mold this great republic into the best country the world has ever seen. And that wasn't built by Government. Obama didn't built that. We did. We the people. Because we're not stupid and we don't need a nanny state to hold our hand through life.

Telling that you use the language you have used... and then we get to the odd and completely irrelevant statement that "Obama didn't build this".???

FFS Of course he didn't. Neither did you, or I, or Lyndon Baines Johnson, nor did Spider man. Your point?

What "America" do you want back? I honestly think you are misinformed or deluded, thinking that there was an "America" that never actually existed. This has always been a nation of laws. It's not always been a nation that has lived up to it's potential? What exactly do you miss? What were you born with that you no longer have?

Since day one there have been issues. They've changed over time - but they've always been front and center.

I get the feeling you're beating around the bush and that there is an underlying message. These "Me, me, me" rants are usually camouflage for a thinly veiled hatred of others.

In rereading your post... I take back the "thinly veiled". It's not that thin at all.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You learned to use the N word from the Internet? Do your parents know?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. I remember the day I realized how much of a slave I was and everyone I know who has a job is. It is modern day feudalism. We live on owned land and must work for the overseers... this work has been transformed into rent.... the overseers dont care how you make your rent/work, so long as you pay them.

The landlord... (LORD) then pays to his/her higher-ups. So we see we are still serfs.

Discussed more here: ATS THREAD: The Great Conspiracy Of Time, Money, And The Pursuit Of Happiness…

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Ah I see where it comes from now. You think I'm one of those occupy people that want everything handed to them. I believe you are the second person in this thread to have that opinion. And obviously because I state history accurately I'm a bigot and/or racist. Me me me me me because I want less Government and more personal responsibility. Look down on us folk that look outside the BOX don't you? How dare I not slave my life away at some dead end job like you probably did?
edit on 17-2-2013 by spqrenki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

It really is empowering, and I might add a little scary at first. The thing for me personally was that I had to really look at myself and value what I have to offer.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pennylemon

It really is empowering, and I might add a little scary at first. The thing for me personally was that I had to really look at myself and value what I have to offer.

And that's what it should be about. What do I have to offer and is it worth my time being in the position that I am in? But see society turned this on it's head to the point that you literally beg for any job or position that you can get. I simply say put the power back in the hands of the people. And somehow I'm all about me me me me and I live in a cardboard box because I quote history accurately.

/shrug

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You truly have no clue at all what you're talking about. My working career was spent doing some of the most incredible and outrageous things one can imagine. I loved working - even when the jobs sucked. Because work was my ticket to freedom.

The "Occupy" label never once occurred to me, though bigot was one of the words that came to mind.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

You truly have no clue at all what you're talking about. My working career was spent doing some of the most incredible and outrageous things one can imagine. I loved working - even when the jobs sucked. Because work was my ticket to freedom.

The "Occupy" label never once occurred to me, though bigot was one of the words that came to mind.

And how else was I supposed to get my point across by not calling what I was referring to it's true name? Just because the word is offensive and even after censoring myself I shouldn't even refer to the position in question? Do you know another term for the position in question?

Here I'll go back and edit my post and call it house slave. Does that make you feel better? To be historically inaccurate as long as I'm politically correct?

There you go. Done. Just to make you happy.
edit on 17-2-2013 by spqrenki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sorry I just don't see being financially successful as being a slave.
If the foundation of this debate is supporting or playing within the system as a baseline for slavery I have still yet to see anyone prove how I'm a slave. Paying rent, my taxes, living how I want.
Are their slaves to drugs, drinking, smoking, gambling, debt or whatever else absolutely. since none of those apply to me I still don't know what I need to wake up to..
Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
edit on 17-2-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
MOOT

It's all MOOT

No one knows what to do.... "Economics" as we know it is on the Death bed

What we are going through is worse then the switch from Agriculture to Industry

What do you do when Robots can do all the work? Communication is instantaneous? The entire worlds knowledge is accessible to all

At best no more than 20% of the people in the world actually "need" to be employed likely it will get worse than that

"Slavery" yeah it sure feels like that when 40% of people make fast food or call to sell crap on a phone because Industrial era economics are in place still but one tractor does the work 500 men used to do or robot arms build your car

Really does anyone actually WANT a fat poverty stricken kid with no insurance touching their food OR would you rather fire that kid and have a machine dispense your nice sterile curly fries... there's actually no use for most people we have working even now in an "economic system" of course the "over lords" don't want minimum wage to go up.... they don't even actually need the people they have...

in 20 years... a robot truck will deliver and unload that junk into a slot, the store will cook it by itself, it will have been farmed by a machine... you MIGHT need 3 techies to run every Mc Donalds in a state in case something breaks... MAYBE because there is AI to think of, self repairing systems will be reality soon enough too...

What i'm saying is MONEY is over

People just have no idea what to do next

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join