It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit! The Forced Slavery of America

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Oh, I know this is true. And slavery is built into a system that involves money, banks and realtors. I was on this big hunt, to find, who gives the land in the country to the real estate offices to sell? Well it turns out the land belongs to the people (of course) and is allotted through the government. I'm sorry, the resources and assets of the nation belong to the future great great great great......to infinity, grand children and the government is merely a mcdonalds employee type manager group, that we, due to being busy, have to hire to keep things going. You know like when you own an apartment building you have a manager, in a paid for apartment, fixing the leaking plumbing. They're not entitled to enslave people and make homeless. Everyone should have their own farm in beautiful suitable lands for human habitation.

Slavery is intrinsically one of the most obscene crimes against humanity and is one of the worst crimes there is, yet we all live under it.

People need to wake up and by sure numbers, opt out and change things. Preferably by not participating. ie. sell expensive houses, buy property for eco farm for family and friends and maybe some people in need too. Create abundance in aquaponics, food and orchards, and in businesses, workshops. Replace monopolies with our businesses, and when set up and running, shared work to give reduced work hours, lots of time with family and hobbies. Also, look after those who cant work equally. In addition, become the local government, become the council watchdog group in every region and start to flex muscles to get land donations for the homeless and not react to any thing they create as a Danger or Threat, to make you react, just blame them and stand your ground and keep being the government, problem solving as a whole, and including every voice including the homeless.

That way, you will overturn, in the end, their property taxes and all their forms of slavery, and soon would only be electing your own real people, in office.
edit on 17-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You're telling me that I'm contradicting myself for saying that I want smaller Government when I've never said once in this thread that I'm in favor of a large Government. That somehow I don't take responsibility for my own actions because I hold the same beliefs as you do and therefor am somehow asking for a handout because you assume that I refuse to take responsibility while I'm asking for more personal responsibility. Stop playing the mind game running me around in circles.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yah, it is impossible today to start a business from the ground up. If you have money its easy. You can afford to wait and get a permit or license, lease a storefront, purchase all the equipment and raw material and then advertise and have a grand opening...

All the corporate giants Colonel Sanders, Wendy's, McDonalds and a plethora of others got their start small and built slow from back yard BBQ and kitchen ovens. Now they are mega giants and have replaced the very system they used with one that makes it impossible for others to do the same thing. Thats called a Monopoly and it is what rules today.

The terms "Squatters rights", "staking a claim" and "garbage is public property once it hits the curb" are being systematically changed by the attorneys for the very same large corporations that want it all. They call it "maximizing profits" but that really means you are their competition and must be eliminated.

Or work for them.

Or go into debt with them.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Oh look, someone that read the thread.

Thank you sir for your input.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have found that the best way to escape "Slavery" is to stop whining, get up from the computer, go outside and actually do something for someone.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spqrenki

Well I don't really think it's the Federal Government's job to deal with local disasters. These matters should be left to the state. But with all the taxes the Federal Government demands, there's almost a responsibility on their end to pay for the damages with our money.

They don't really help all that much anyway. Representatives load millions of dollars in pork for their own states into the "disaster relief" bills, then local governments fine the victims for being out of code since their houses were knocked off their foundations and their roofs caved in, and then they are taxed next year on whatever relief money actually makes it to them. Three guys with chain saws and hammers would be more helpful.

And lets not even talk about the red double cross.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There ARE alternatives available. Wage slavery is dehumanizing and unnecessary.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by spqrenki
reply to post by beezzer

I never said that, I simply said the man had a good idea. But that philosophy would be the same as the Government and banks would it not?

Then I must ask again, what would be an alternative to the "slavery" that you describe?

Move to colorado.

line two

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Getting tired of everyone saying they are a slave, or they are bullied, or everything is terrorism this, terrorism that.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I feel that I understand and mostly agree with the OP, not because his argument is so airtight and impermeable to alternative views and bacterial biases but that he suggests the government is increasingly placing themselves into our affairs. That rings true to me. As a population we have become overtly "squeaky" while expecting our government to come and grease us, and that they have done quite willingly providing us a full maintenance schedule.

When we set standards we can be sure the providers will come to meet those standards, within a reasonable "fudge-factor" for that qualification of course. Is your food more wholesome than mine because because it has been inspected to not contain more than 15 rat turds per bushel, or cockroach legs? Newsflash: Even outside the US farmers don't deliberately produce tainted foods "because they can." The independent producer makes his reputation through the product he sells, whereas that corporate producer is a bit more anonymous and people know that "mistakes happen" once in a while, and it is spelled-out to them just how much can be gotten away with. Do you need an FDA to tell you aspartame is fit for consumption, that fluoride is good for you, and that GMO's are nothing you need concern yourself about eating and should not tell you when they are present?

Our taxes buy $700 hammers because a contract goes out for an item that specifies a given requirement, and though something off-the-shelf may exceed that specification a bidder will come forth with a proposal to design one for your specifications, passing along those engineering costs in the price. That bidder will often have support from the procurement folks that will argue for their product because is the one that "best suits our requirements."

We lose cooperation and courtesy each time we draw a line in the sand. That may be illustrated by "highway rules" in various states that post for "Merging Traffic" ahead at freeway on-ramps vs. those posting "Yield" for those entering. When there is a right-of-way to be had, by god we're going to take it even if it endangers every other vehicle in the vicinity. True, that is not 100% of the time but happens often enough - and that follows for any example I have provided in this post as well. The system is growing and it is more and more dictating how you will adjust yourself to it. But yes, you have your choices.

I was born in and spent over 50 years living in the US and have observed it change over time, as could be expected. I became concerned with the direction it seemed to be taking and exercised my options, having lived within it impeccably carrying out my responsibilities dotting every "i" and crossing every "t" without fail. The life there had been great and afforded me every opportunity to enjoy it fully, only it had become quite tedious. I retired from my job and left there nearly a decade ago. I moved to where many in these forums refer to as a "lawless hell-hole," the majority of them saying so having no real clue about that other than general biases and just repeating what they heard somewhere before. As I begin my 7th decade of life on this planet I would just like to pass along to anyone who cares to listen that I fully enjoy living life freely and without the training wheels. There is a notable difference to life beyond those borders. I really do not expect my life will be cut short because I don't have all of those government protections you all enjoy. I have no desire to go back to it. Just my opinion.

edit on 17-2-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Here's a video some of you might find appropriate. I like to post it often in the hopes it might sink in to more.

Enjoy...

I actually have a thread on it where I posted the actual text of the video for those that don't want to watch it

The Story of your Enslavement thread topic

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I get the point of the OP. And I agree, the system is screwed up. But fix the system and then there will just be a new master. Mankind has had many different masters throughout history. We've been slaves to hunger, basic shelter, disease, safety, lust, greed and now money. If it isn't one thing then it's another and I doubt it is going to change. I guess the question should be, Who do you want as your master?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
I get the point of the OP. And I agree, the system is screwed up. But fix the system and then there will just be a new master. Mankind has had many different masters throughout history. We've been slaves to hunger, basic shelter, disease, safety, lust, greed and now money. If it isn't one thing then it's another and I doubt it is going to change. I guess the question should be, Who do you want as your master?

I do not believe that fixing or improving our systems of civilization would mandate us serving a new master, other than ourselves if our options are left open enough. It is about time we emancipate ourselves, not so much as slaves from our systems of control but as children coming of age of majority. We must decide if we no longer wish to be coddled. That is not an easy idea to sell though, there remain many who would take our hands and mind our business for us. They would insist on it. We have choices, to let them do that or lookout for ourselves. Government must have limits.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I wrote a nice lengthy post but my iPad screwed me just now and blew it away.

Please don't be one of those people who think the government is the only problem. The government is in a pretty sorry state ATM, but the corpocracy is easily as guilty for our current state of affairs.

The codependency between the two, which has reached disgusting levels, leaves no room for the interests of people like you and me to be represented.

I hope we can figure it out. We're piddling too much of our lives away in dead end jobs we weren't meant to advance above, spinning our wheels in this largely silly and manmade economy.

Yes, we need an economy and many kinds of jobs. Do we need to work 5/7 days of the week? that's nuts. As human beings we need food, sex, education, and medical care, if you don't have a job in one of those sectors u are prob being overworked in part of the balagna slave economy.
edit on 2/17/2013 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I agree with you totally.

Employers have been driving a slavery motivated economy since it started. And if you don't like it, you can be broke and end up in jail, or on the street. The sad part is that our system, the very system thats suppose to be protecting us, has in fact been helping this slavery.

I look at slavery a tad different, if you work a full time job and all you have is money for food and rent, your a slave. Never mind the electric bill, never mind the car payment, never mind car insurance, never mind health insurance. It just goes to show you that our wages are that far off from being fair. Meanwhile some rich smuch is sitting on his laurals while jipping me out of these things I need. And I only took the job because it was the only one available. There is something seriously wrong with our system.

Employers are way to greedy.

They don't want to pay us good wages, so they don't, and we have a system that allows them to do so. They don't want to pay for unimployment, so they got around that problem by cutting everyones hours. and they don't want to pay for health insurance. What do they want to pay for? NOT A DAMN thing. But they sure do want to make a lot of money in the process.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by chrome413

I do not believe that fixing or improving our systems of civilization would mandate us serving a new master, other than ourselves if our options are left open enough. It is about time we emancipate ourselves, not so much as slaves from our systems of control but as children coming of age of majority. We must decide if we no longer wish to be coddled. That is not an easy idea to sell though, there remain many who would take our hands and mind our business for us. They would insist on it. We have choices, to let them do that or lookout for ourselves. Government must have limits.

I think that serving one's self is still slavery. And no system will ever be designed where there isn't some form of slavery going on. We've all heard that the best predictor of the future is the past. Well, then based on our history, there isn't much chance of things changing.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
p.s., my last post made a lot of generalizations, and I realize the people working in those sectors (the sectors that I think we all would agree MATTER and aren't part of a balgona manmade economy) work really, really hard. My point however stands that I think 80% of us have b.s. jobs that don't benefit the planet or people, aka pushing papers for some company in a bloated industry that only has 1,000 competing companies in it anyway because of the balogna game we've created.

The paper pushers, we should all get jobs in sectors that matter (what I mentioned, and others I didn't like R & D, sciences, etc.), and then we can take some of their load off with the massively increased work force. Let's solve things together instead of running this damn rat race until we're all dead for a change. Let's move to a 4/3 work/weekend week so that our lives have better balance/that we're healthier/so that our work time is more productive.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by spqrenki
The system, or matrix if you will, created to continue the long tradition of slavery is incredibly complex. But nonetheless, it is a scam. There is a reason why you need permits to sell a fish (an official document giving someone authorization to do something that would otherwise be illegal... like sell a hot dog or lemonade), crippling insurance to drive your own cab, and endless red tape and laws to do, well, anything. Because if there wasn't, you wouldn't need a job. You could, like the generations before you, work for yourself and build the life you dream of... without master telling you when and how to pick his cotton.

We are slaves, but not simply in America, the world system is slavery. The philosopher Jacques Ellul said, "The 'all' is involved because technique yields results and demands efforts to such a degree that no individual can remain outside. But if technique demands the participation of everybody, this means that the individual is reduced to a few essential functions which make him a mass man. He remains 'free', but he can no longer escape being a part of the mass. Technical expansion requires the widest possible domain. In the near future not even the whole earth may be sufficient." (Jacques Ellul. The Technological Society, pg. 207).

Referenced here: Jacques Ellul, Technique, Efficiency & Materialism: The Disease of Modern Civilization

The new world system is a fine-tuned technique of materialistic efficiency operating within the framework of a world system originally intended for aristocratic means and ends. So long as the 'mass man' is convinced that this framework is the best and only workable solution he will remain enslaved to the aristocratic organism and all the methods and mechanisms that go with it. All appearances of 'freedom' will be just that - illusions. Importantly, the massification of humanity is essential to the operation of this aristocratic world system; therefore, the alternatives and answers which can ultimately provide true freedom likely lie outside the 'mass man' - with the individual.

I am of the opinion that true freedom and happiness for humanity and all organisms which it comes into contact with, as well as a balanced livelihood within one's environment, can only be found outside of the aristocratic world system and in a world where something other than materialism is considered an essential ingredient and function of life.

I think you have the correct idea, OP, but as you said, "the long tradition of slavery is incredibly complex."

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
We're all being pushed to the breaking point. Add up the cost of living, the salaries most families see today relative to inflation, the fact that it's not enough to have a single parent working to even survive today in many places, all of the l i t t l e stupid things (the village I live in has a sticker we have to buy for our cars simply because we live here, to even drive legally on the street -- they don't even try to insult us by telling us why we are expected to pay this (since they're just printing money/robbing people at this point), they simply demand we pay it). Add up bills a, b, c, d, many of which we do need to survive and be competitive today (how is one supposed to get a job without a phone and/or basic Internet, for ex.), the cost of renter's or homeowner's insurance, health insurance, car insurance, the high cost of food we can no longer grow ourselves anywhere, etc. etc. -- it's insane. We are literally going to go crazy as a group.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
For anyone in this thread who now needs a pick-me-up (an amazing video on what these people call open source ecology -- I think that name is too confining to the principle(s), however): vimeo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join