It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 32
191
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnoir
reply to post by Cybermerc
 


Is there any statistics to show how many illegally owner guns are used in homicides? Because if te majority of homicides are through illegally owned guns maybe tougher gun control would punish lawful gun owners rather than criminals with illegally owned weapons?


Legal vs illegal guns is not the point here. Violence in the black community and suicides among the white community are the points.




posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Originally posted by Logos23

Originally posted by Cybermerc


Fact #1
14% of the US population commits 50% of its homicides




Okay now I'm a little confused.....are you saying that 14% + of the US population commits homicide????


Thats what im getting out of it, but if only 14% of the pop commits 50% of the homicides then who commits the other 50%, criminals or is that factored in with the pop?


I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused


Because clicking the link I provided was tough



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybermerc
 


I know I was just wanting to know out of personal interest I wasn't weighing into what yor current debate on the statistics you previously mentioned



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnoir
A gun is a tool used for killing. Why give people these tools? Surely if no1 had a gun it would be better? Or am I crazy or something? Surely ordinary citizens don't think they NEED automatic weapons at least? Please im genuinely intrigued to know why some people think they need more weapons than your average soldier


why does our government need to be armed to the brim while they are trying to disarm us?
please if you're not from this country is going to be very difficult for you understand.



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus
 


Why pick up on only one point I said and make a smart comment? That isn't debate really it's a bit juvenile. Also potato guns water guns and bb guns arnt really harmfull and I'm all for people having those
its just the ones considered lethal or less lethal (like rubber bullets) that I'm concerned with
if you would like to reflect on my previous comment and perhaps show some insight into what I sad being right or wrong that would be great but untill then I can't really carry on replying to you when you tend to just say things and not really debate.



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnoir
reply to post by Cybermerc
 


I know I was just wanting to know out of personal interest I wasn't weighing into what yor current debate on the statistics you previously mentioned


Since not all crimes are solved I doubt we'd ever know the real numbers. It would only be a guesstimate.



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybermerc
 


Sorry dude but im doing other things beside staring at ats, so im skimming over some things ,so again sorry i missed it.



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have no idea why your government is armed and you feel this is threatening? Please explain like I sai I'm interested in the topic an am very open minded if I could have some insight I would appreciate it a lot cheers.
Do you feel as if the country population is to disarm you would be more at threat from your own gov than other criminals


edit on 17-2-2013 by Dnoir because: Spel



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybermerc


Because clicking the link I provided was tough


Despite your sarcasm....YOU provided an explanation for the figures from the link you posted...so the ownness was on YOU to make the point clear and not cause confusion.....

I wasn't in a position to check out that link when I posted my confusion....but yes your further explanation make's more sense and now I can click on the link I have a better understanding of what you tried to convey...I'm actually not lazy OR stupid



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybermerc
 


Yeh good point. Would be interesting to know though....



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnoir
A gun is a tool used for killing. Why give people these tools? Surely if no1 had a gun it would be better? Or am I crazy or something? Surely ordinary citizens don't think they NEED automatic weapons at least? Please im genuinely intrigued to know why some people think they need more weapons than your average soldier


First off, it is extremely difficult to get an automatic weapon. Not impossible, but very very difficult. And because of that very few people have one. Second. an average solider has access to way more advanced and more powerful weapons than any American citizen can get their hands on. Don't know where you heard what you posted, but it is very wrong.



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybermerc
 


Im not as knowledgable as some a I'm not from the US I though automatic weapons were relatively easily to get hold of more so than it is to get any sort of gun on the UK. Tht may be wrong thought just what I read.



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23

Originally posted by Cybermerc


Because clicking the link I provided was tough


Despite your sarcasm....YOU provided an explanation for the figures from the link you posted...so the ownness was on YOU to make the point clear and not cause confusion.....

I wasn't in a position to check out that link when I posted my confusion....but yes your further explanation make's more sense and now I can click on the link I have a better understanding of what you tried to convey...I'm actually not lazy OR stupid


Okay, so now you understand what I was trying to convey. And my entire point of it's not about the guns, it never has been. It's about the violence in the black community and the suicides in the white community. With or without guns those two facts won't change. We need to focus on those 2 issues to reduce the gun deaths in the US. Even more than it already is being reduced.



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnoir
 


I asked a question thats all. I wanna know IF your not from this country ,why it matters to you so much if we have guns or not.



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnoir
reply to post by Cybermerc
 


Im not as knowledgable as some a I'm not from the US I though automatic weapons were relatively easily to get hold of more so than it is to get any sort of gun on the UK. Tht may be wrong thought just what I read.


I'm sure that's what your media wants you to believe. If gun owners were as crazy as they are portrayed in the media don't you think the number of gun related deaths would be significantly higher? 300 million guns, 50+ million gun owners and 10k homicides. That's a very low ratio.



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by Cybermerc
 


Sorry dude but im doing other things beside staring at ats, so im skimming over some things ,so again sorry i missed it.


No worries. Walking Dead on in the background?



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnoir
I have no idea why your government is armed and you feel this is threatening? Please explain like I sai I'm interested in the topic an am very open minded if I could have some insight I would appreciate it a lot cheers.
Do you feel as if the country population is to disarm you would be more at threat from your own gov than other criminals


edit on 17-2-2013 by Dnoir because: Spel


When a government wants to disarm its people, while they are buying up tons of ammo and weapons, that makes me a bit worried.



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybermerc

Originally posted by Logos23

Originally posted by Cybermerc


Because clicking the link I provided was tough


Despite your sarcasm....YOU provided an explanation for the figures from the link you posted...so the ownness was on YOU to make the point clear and not cause confusion.....

I wasn't in a position to check out that link when I posted my confusion....but yes your further explanation make's more sense and now I can click on the link I have a better understanding of what you tried to convey...I'm actually not lazy OR stupid


Okay, so now you understand what I was trying to convey. And my entire point of it's not about the guns, it never has been. It's about the violence in the black community and the suicides in the white community. With or without guns those two facts won't change. We need to focus on those 2 issues to reduce the gun deaths in the US. Even more than it already is being reduced.


As I implied in a previous post, I accept the gun issue's are a lot more complicated than just the gun's themselves.



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybermerc

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by Cybermerc
 


Sorry dude but im doing other things beside staring at ats, so im skimming over some things ,so again sorry i missed it.


No worries. Walking Dead on in the background?



Lol, nope actually doing some minor house cleaning.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus
 


Didnt you say were gonna stop replying to me anyway dude?
Its cool if you do wanna convers, i was just wondering.




top topics



 
191
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

log in

join