It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtooDetoo
reply to post by seabag

Lets say you left 2 tons of coc aine on the porch instead of your guns and you didnt die of it, would you still make the same conclusion? Drugs dont kill people, right ?

nope the person that chose to do the drugs decided they wanted to kill themselves that way.
the coc aine didn't decide that for them.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ahyaprobly

Can someone please explain why the discussion of gun violence always devolves into an attack on the 2nd amendment rather than focusing on violent crime laws and punishments? Why does the government go after our guns rather than the offenders (or potential offenders)?

If you really look at the way this issue is framed, you’ll see this whole push isn’t about stopping violent crime at ALL!! It’s about disarmament!

So-called "assault weapons" are the least used method of killing.....

Why then are these weapons the target? Could it be because these weapons in the hands of the right people are the most capable tools for defending ourselves from a tyrannical usurpation of power?

edit on 17-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

No inanimate object is responsible for killing someone, and someone choosing to ingest something that ends up killing them is a different situation entirely than someone using a tool to kill someone else. It's the destructive potential over a short span of time of a given weapon that is cause for debate on its' legality.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ahyaprobly

Yeah, people trying to get something for nothing or those who snoozed their way through history class. Firearm ownership, if anybody took the time to read the militia acts, is about defense of the community in which one lives.

What people fail to recognize is that in 1776 one of the main reasons the Empire imposed taxes was to pay for the defense of the colonies. In a time when the frontier could be attacked by pirates, indians, the French, the Spanish, the Dutch, or whatever the Crown was putting a lot of money into their defense.

The colonies would rather keep their money and decided to go forward with their own defense, and began mustering in a fyrd type system. So why continue to pay the tax when you're handling your own defense?

The final straw was when the British ordered that the militia armory and magazine be captured at Lexington and Concord.

In 1787 this notion of community oriented self-defense along with the isolation that was the American frontier put forward the the states themselves could decide what's best. The Army, per Constitution, can only be funded for two years.

To make this more profound 40-something states have a bear arms section of their state constitution, which trickles into the right of the individual to possess arms. Again, the Feds yielded to the States and the States make up their own rules to constitute whatever is a militia; regardless of how loose they want to play it.

The problem is the Federal government is attempting to dictate to the states what is acceptable in their community. The charge is, not by force of morality, but using measures such as the ICC and excise taxes to limit the sale and purchase of such weapons (passing a law against existing weapons would violate the ex post facto part of the Const.). The states nurse at the tit of the Federal government and do not stand up for the traditions or interests of the states themselves, which is the right of the individual.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

reply to post by seabag

Lets say you left 2 tons of coc aine on the porch instead of your guns and you didnt die of it, would you still make the same conclusion? Drugs dont kill people, right ?

nope the person that chose to do the drugs decided they wanted to kill themselves that way.

SO coc aine should be made legal ? According to this logic, if you murder someone with a gun, the gun cant be held responsible, so how can drugs be responsible if someone choses to overdose ?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Drugs in and of themselves don't kill people......

It is the usage of a drug, by a PERSON that can kill THAT person.

Not to get off topic, but in my opinion if there was no "War on Drugs", use of them would not be the problem that it is with a "War on Drugs". Information has always been more effective at deterrence that incarceration ever will be, not to mention the official list of what constitutes a controlled substance that poses a health risk is just a bit arbitrary.

It is the RESPONSIBILITY of the individual to come to a determination on the course of thier own actions. In short, if they want to partake of a substance that has the potential to kill them with all information and knowledge available then I say "who the hell are we to tell them that they do not have the right to be stupid?"

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Isn't that funny how that happens. People shoot others and they ignore the criminals and blame guns. Someone takes drugs, becomes addicted, over-doses and dies and it's the fault of the drug...not the person. It's never the person's fault anymore because we have become a society that can do no wrong. We can "be whomever we want" and other's must not only accept it...but embrace it. You can not look down on someone who will not work and is poor and say "get a job"...because that person is 100% free to not only choose that life-style...but to flaunt it, milk the system and then get pissed off that someone else thinks its a bad thing.

From the higher-up side...never loose a voter. Blame the "things"...never the people. We need to realize that there IS wrong, there ARE morals, you MAY be bad, etc. And the big one...YOU are responsible for everything you sow. Remember that word people...RESPONSIBLE? If you shoot someone...someone innocent...YOU are the problem.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
im so sick of these boards being flooded with american's complaining about guns and conspiracies.
at the end of the day u do not need guns,if nobody was allowed guns you wouldnt need one to protect yourself.
guns are illegal in Britain,thus we havnt had any mass school shootings in how long??? EVER!!
i dont understand how a country is willing to risk there childrens and there lifes just to have a gun?

i hope guns get banned for your sakes,so every kid that has a bad day doesnt have the ability to kill dozens of innocent people.. I DONT LIKE MONDAYS.......

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Isn't that funny how that happens. People shoot others and they ignore the criminals and blame guns. Someone takes drugs, becomes addicted, over-doses and dies and it's the fault of the drug...not the person. It's never the person's fault anymore because we have become a society that can do no wrong. We can "be whomever we want" and other's must not only accept it...but embrace it. You can not look down on someone who will not work and is poor and say "get a job"...because that person is 100% free to not only choose that life-style...but to flaunt it, milk the system and then get pissed off that someone else thinks its a bad thing.

From the higher-up side...never loose a voter. Blame the "things"...never the people. We need to realize that there IS wrong, there ARE morals, you MAY be bad, etc. And the big one...YOU are responsible for everything you sow. Remember that word people...RESPONSIBLE? If you shoot someone...someone innocent...YOU are the problem

There you go making too much sense again!

Blaming the gun is a ruse…they’re not that stupid…but they certainly think WE ARE stupid enough to fall for it, and many have (some responses to this thread are proof).

Government doesn’t want anyone to have personal responsibility. Government wants to provide for our every need…just turn over all your money to them and they will divvy it out in the most equitable fashion. Nobody is different…we’re all the same; we’re just worthless-eaters and wasters of oxygen to them.

End rant….

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This guy is a prophet ;o

And we all know hes on SRI meds

link   
reply to post by flana23

The Cumbria killings, 2010.

I am glad you are happy to be in the UK, free of mass shootings. Please stay there.

link   
reply to post by seabag

Amen!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by flana23

im so sick of these boards being flooded with american's complaining about guns and conspiracies.

YET HERE YOU ARE!!

at the end of the day u do not need guns,if nobody was allowed guns you wouldnt need one to protect yourself. guns are illegal in Britain,thus we havnt had any mass school shootings in how long??? EVER!!

No school shooting? I don’t know.

No mass shootings? WRONG!

You guys have virtually no guns yet criminals still have them. Does that make sense?? It doesn't to me!

i dont understand how a country is willing to risk there childrens and there lifes just to have a gun?

You’re right, you don’t understand because you’ve never been allowed by your country to own a gun. You were neutered back in 1988.

i hope guns get banned for your sakes,so every kid that has a bad day doesnt have the ability to kill dozens of innocent people.. I DONT LIKE MONDAYS.......

Won’t happen….not here!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by flana23
im so sick of these boards being flooded with non-american's complaining about guns and conspiracies.
at the end of the day u need guns,if every adult was allowed guns you would be able to protect yourself.
guns are illegal in Britain,thus we havnt had any freedom in how long??? EVER!!
i dont understand how a country is willing to risk there childrens and there lifes just to not have a gun?

i hope guns do not get banned for your sakes,so every citizen that has had thier rights trampled has the ability to protect themselves from dozens of oppressors or invaders.. I DONT LIKE MONDAYS.......

I hope you don't mind I am taking the liberty of making your post more sensible by changing some key words around.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You didn't have room for all the poor babies half born that the doctors push a surgical tool into their cranium and scrambles their brain . That amounts to PRE MEDITATED MURDER and it is legal and happens day after day . Then there is cigarettes and drugs that takes 10s of thousands of lives every year . The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion that is the blueprint to Global Government expresses that only an armed rebellion will stop that insidious plan . The elimination of that threat to their plan is the reason for gun control . reply to post by seabag

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Molon Labe

It is a classical expression of defiance reportedly spoken by King Leonidas I in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopyla

en.wikipedia.org...

This IS America!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

edit on 17-2-2013 by neo96 because: holy double posts batman

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

Hey, this thread has nothing to do with drugs quit trying to derail it.
and no that logic does not imply they should legalize drugs, if someone over doses, if they dont die they get in to some trouble and the person they got from does too, that is if the drug wasnt found.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

reply to post by something wicked

Man, you are soooo late to this party.
Btw yes the title of the thread fits just fine.
Have a good day.

Peace.

No it doesn't, it's by no means independent so therefore it's invalid.

Peace (as in, no shooting)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

SO coc aine should be made legal ? According to this logic, if you murder someone with a gun, the gun cant be held responsible, so how can drugs be responsible if someone choses to overdose ?

Ummm dude NO the gun can not be held responsible just like the coc aine cannot be held responsible for what somebody does with it. did you really even read my posts are you just imagining things.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join