It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Here is the real site supposedly.

link   

link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Cut out the rude, off-topic, insulting posts. This is ATS, we're better than that. Continuing to drag this thread off-topic with this nonsense won't be tolerated. Stop it immediately, or we'll have no choice but to take further action and even go down the route of post bans.

Not going to repeat this. Discuss the topic, not each other.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maestro28
And here is the explanation for the trail. So it pretty much got pancacked at the end.

"If the reports of ground damage can be verified, it might suggest an object whose original size was several meters in extent before entering the atmosphere, fragmenting and exploding due to the unequal pressure on the leading side vs the trailing side (it pancaked and exploded)," Yeomans told SPACE.com in an email. "It is far too early to provide estimates of the energy released or provide a reliable estimate of the original size." [Photos of Russia's Meteor Fireball Blast]

Source: www.space.com...

Does anyone know if one of Russia's missiles intercepted the meteorite and broke it into pieces before impact on earth?

link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
reply to post by winofiend

Here is the real site supposedly.

Yes this is probably it as they mentioned it landed on a frozen lake

[Snip]

Mod note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics
edit on 15-2-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I hope this isn't a prelude for things to come this weekend. Has anyone tied in the Popes' resignation to this yet?
It might be the run from responsibility for things to come,I mean if the church has the info for hundreds years ago and they cannot make it publicly then....if lives will be lost someone must be to blame,therefore in a church without God no one will remain to heal the souls who will suffer....so on.

link   
I'm not a DoomSayer but this morning on the news. WGN stated that scientist may have mis-calculated the da-14 and are revisiting the equation they used to determine if contact would be made with Earth. I hope they did there math right the first time.
As I feel what came down in Russia was some of the debris around the Meteor that was propelled from the force and speed of DA-14 coming around are bend of the galaxy.

I'm not a scientist i'm just thinking out loud~

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Does anyone know if one of Russia's missiles intercepted the meteorite and broke it into pieces before impact on earth?

At first it was reported that they did, then later the statement was retracted ...
edit on 15-2-2013 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I didn't read all the posts so pardon me if this was mentioned already but am I the only one who thinks POSSIBLY-- NASA or the likes is responsible for this when they attempted to destroy this incoming asteroid due to the close potential threat?

I mean...do asteroids typically just start breaking apart...affecting portions of the planet like this? I realize meteorites are the result of flyby meteors at times but ....I do not believe this was a regular 'meteor shower'. It's way too coincidental.

It kinda makes too much covert sense to think NASA or whoever was behind this and wouldn't want to admit anything. Firstly because they screwed up or at least didn't calculate the debris field too well. And secondly, they wouldn't want us to know they have Tesla-technology that can literally obliterate this planet.

I hope this isn't a prelude for things to come this weekend.
Has anyone tied in the Popes' resignation to this yet?
I doubt NASA, maybe the Russian space agency because if NASA did try to shoot at the asteroid that is skimming past earth, screwed up and caused this huge problem in Russia i would imagine they would take it as an act of war...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
What news was talking about it?

this morning on the news. WGN stated that scientist may have mis-calculated the da-14 and are revisiting the equation they used to determine if contact would be made with Earth. I hope they did there math right the first time. As I feel what came down in Russia was some of the debris around the Meteor that was propelled from the force and speed of DA-14 coming around are bend of the galaxy.

I'm not a scientist i'm just thinking out loud~

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maestro28
And here is the explanation for the trail. So it pretty much got pancacked at the end.

"If the reports of ground damage can be verified, it might suggest an object whose original size was several meters in extent before entering the atmosphere, fragmenting and exploding due to the unequal pressure on the leading side vs the trailing side (it pancaked and exploded)," Yeomans told SPACE.com in an email. "It is far too early to provide estimates of the energy released or provide a reliable estimate of the original size." [Photos of Russia's Meteor Fireball Blast]

Source: www.space.com...

At the speed that baby was going, highly unlikely. Also there are no other trails leading to the meteorite to indicate hta someone fired at it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Lots of pages so easy to miss but basically less than 10% of the Earth asteroid threat has been located. The other objects have simply been too small to spot, although there are all sorts of new satellites to send up in the not so distant future.

Basically, if it is an ELE type asteroid we will see it coming. If it is anything smaller then a good chance we may not.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Gutterpus

According to reports this is the crater and it was 6m diameter.

rt.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Wow, I've followed this thread from the beginning, I'm addicted to ats now so I've been catching all these big breaking stories as they happen.
I hadn't thought about the popes resignation alongside this and all the other crazy events until just now. Kind of scary considering the bible says the sky will rain fire and the earth will shake and all that.
I Kind of sat back and thought "holy *snip*, this might really be happening this time."
edit on 15-2-2013 by Asktheanimals because: vulgarity removed

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
NIBIRU! has arrived!
or Elenin.

edit on 15-2-2013 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

This impact crater - if it is one (where's the ejecta? carbonization? melt and remelt?) - looks too small.

10 ton meteor = 20,000 lb and the crater should be larger.

calculator- impact

or more graphical calculator (and more fun)

I don't have all the parameters - i recall about 19 km/s ? trajectory angle may have been 20-30deg?

have fun

link   

Originally posted by Blahable
NIBIRU! has arrived!
or Elenin.

or a meteorite...

link   

Russian officials are denying such claims.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

after first claiming it was true through an unofficial official military source

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Geraputo

Many Russian cars have dashboard cameras in order to help facilitate disputes with other drivers in the event of an incident/accident or disputes with traffic officials.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join