It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

edit on 15-2-2013 by tennisdawg because: html mess up

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

Originally posted by amkia
I don’t know about you guys but the story sounds fishy to me.

500 injuries and 20.000 service men have been working on it..? it sounds unreal to me.

Russian sites report 950 casualties, 3000 buildings/homes affected, 6 cities and 4 smaller villages impacted
that's a lot of places and people

If these stats are right and this Meteor was only the size of one bus.... imagine what one the size of a football pitch could do???/

I've seen the vids and heard the explosions.....

I've also just read something totally unrelated to this thread but I read that NK are going to do a 4th Nuke test!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

ok how big is our atmosphere do you think?

few miles?

how fast a metroid go thru?

"Big"? You talking about height? depth? area? volume?

Regardless, it's a bit more than a few miles, but there is no distinct boundary. It is gradual. Lighter particles, Helium for example, can be found further away than many of the other more dense particles that make up our atmosphere.

As the distance from Earth increases, the air becomes thinner. There is no clear boundary between the atmosphere and outer space. But most experts say that space begins somewhere beyond 60 miles (95 kilometers) above Earth.

mynasa1.nasa.gov...

However, when referring to something that is entering into our atmosphere, you need to keep in mind that the trajectory will usually be at an angle, which increases the distance.

"How fast metroid go through"? lol. umm nah, I'm gonna stay far away from that one.

reply to post by jhn7537

Originally posted by jhn7537

Talk about totally bizarre... 725 people reportedly injured just blows my mind away....

Supposedly, most of those injuries came from the broken glass that blew out of the windows.

reply to post by weavty1

Originally posted by weavty1

And you want to know the scariest thing about this all?

This 'meteorite' was completely undetected beforehand, and was a surprise to the scientific/astronomy community.
Maybe. Maybe not. Just because the general public did not know, does not mean that it had gone completely undetected.

link   

link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Awesome - So simple. You ROCK. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
And here is the explanation for the trail. So it pretty much got pancacked at the end.

"If the reports of ground damage can be verified, it might suggest an object whose original size was several meters in extent before entering the atmosphere, fragmenting and exploding due to the unequal pressure on the leading side vs the trailing side (it pancaked and exploded)," Yeomans told SPACE.com in an email. "It is far too early to provide estimates of the energy released or provide a reliable estimate of the original size." [Photos of Russia's Meteor Fireball Blast]

Source: www.space.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Seems the plot on this thread is being completely lost.

Think i need a lie down........

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Last night as this was developing calls were going into news stations in Utah claiming to see 'fireballs' in the sky.. Was this a hoax? Has anyone looked into it? Cba reading through 40 pages

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So NASA's already on high alert watching the skies for the asteroid, but they missed a 10 ton meteorite traveling 33,000 mph. It just goes to show that air attacks are possible as long as you're fast enough. This little beauty damaged over three hundred buildings and injured over a thousand people.....in about 7 seconds.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwhiteandblue

I have been following from the beginning, A lot of other claims have been made but with no sources yet. Much came from a radio stream posted early on in the thread, then random people making other claims ... This is after all ATS, take everything with a grain of salt and wait for sources ...

link   

link   
I didn't read all the posts so pardon me if this was mentioned already but am I the only one who thinks POSSIBLY-- NASA or the likes is responsible for this when they attempted to destroy this incoming asteroid due to the close potential threat?

I mean...do asteroids typically just start breaking apart...affecting portions of the planet like this? I realize meteorites are the result of flyby meteors at times but ....I do not believe this was a regular 'meteor shower'. It's way too coincidental.

It kinda makes too much covert sense to think NASA or whoever was behind this and wouldn't want to admit anything. Firstly because they screwed up or at least didn't calculate the debris field too well. And secondly, they wouldn't want us to know they have Tesla-technology that can literally obliterate this planet.

I hope this isn't a prelude for things to come this weekend.
Has anyone tied in the Popes' resignation to this yet?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I say it was Vegeta

/Thread

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yea, about NASA, you would expect NASA would be making a statement or so?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Wow, this is pretty full on for a Friday. I can feel another space race coming on after this.

I haven't read every page so this may have been mentioned already but I believe that it has been noted a number of times in threads related to DA14 that the moving images of the asteroid also appeared to show other smaller objects nearby moving in the same direction at similar velocity.

edit on 15-2-2013 by Seagle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join