It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Dudes it didn't happen

if it has happened what do you think would happen?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

telll me?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by zoomer72

Originally posted by MysterX
Best of luck to the Russians affected by this

One thing puzzles me though, the article on RT says about 'unconfirmed military reports' of a larger object being hit by air defenses, and a 'missile salvo' hit it and broke it into pieces at around 20km altitude...how does a missile salvo target something moving at almost 70,000 Mph?

well actually they might get away with that, you can fire a "salvo" of missiles up and hope the object hits them
just like German aa did against American bombers in ww2 , so no need for the missile to target anything
edit on 2/15/2013 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

Highly, highly doubtful mate.

A German WWII bomber had a cruising speed of around 300kph, or about 80 metres per second.

The estimated speed of these things are roughly 31,000 metres per second...then you have the upper atmosphere creating friction and course changes, which over that kind of speed would be all over the place...there's no missile that can target something moving at 31km every second, maybe a few dozen- thousand missiles creating a series of staggered walls of explosions might have a chance of hitting it, but even then...it's unlikely.

Directed Scalar or longitudinal transverse radio waves may be a possibility, on a theoretical level anyway, but not missiles...as someone else noticed, we'd have seen missile contrails if they were used, especially a salvo of missiles.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Dudes it didn't happen

if it has happened what do you think would happen?

Sorry, you have completely lost me.

link   

Originally posted by amkia
I don’t know about you guys but the story sounds fishy to me.

500 injuries and 20.000 service men have been working on it..? it sounds unreal to me.

Russian sites report 950 casualties, 3000 buildings/homes affected, 6 cities and 4 smaller villages impacted
that's a lot of places and people

link   
Very interesting phenomena and the cause might be this one.

Just sayin'....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gutterpus
reply to post by jhn7537

Thanks!

For future reference the way you embed a video from youtube is by copying the part after the "=" symbol into the the vid:Youtube box...

So in this case you have this URL

www.youtube.com...

you would paste Oq-d8_RbQuQ into the VID: Youtube box to embed it

edit on 15-2-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Ok dude if it happens it happens

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Looks more like a missile.

If it came from space I would think NORAD knows it's source.
edit on 2/14/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

Looks like a meteorite hitting our atmospher. Missiles don't engolf themselves in flames prior to hitting their target haha. It is not uncommon to see other smaller bodies (meteroites) around asteroids. This may not be the last meteorite we see hit the planet. Hopefully all we see are meteorites.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
Ok, so I get up, hear the news and the first thing I do is log on to ATS to get the real story about what's happening. It's about impossible to read all 38 pages of posts; I made it through the first 4 1/2 pages then realized how long it was, so sorry if this has been discussed.

Been trying to figure out this thing's direction. From the dash-cam video it looks like the object is traveling from the north/ north-east toward the southwest. Basing this off of the rising sun in the video.

This may be unrelated but I was walking my dog late last evening, around midnight or later, and I saw a couple small meteors streak through the sky from a northerly direction. I'm not saying it's the same object, but wondered if they could be debris from the same object breaking up in Earth's gravity. I tried find more streaking through the sky, but it was partly cloudy, so I considered myself lucky to see what I saw, and made a wish- but that's not what I wished for!

Thoughts and prayers are with the Russian people.

Real news on ATS, yeah right! The real news is out there, here it's just link, quote, copy paste from external sources but more importantly discussion on the topic, with some knowledgeable people but moreover conspiracy theorists that never believe anything actually happened.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
About the trail that the meteorite left behind, it makes sense if the meteor were elliptical and in the last phases was pointed at the earth sideways. in that case the trails from the tips of it would leave 2 distinctive trails. Like contrails behind a jet or a formula one cars rear wing.

link   
That footage is amazing!!!! I'm not sure anyone else saw the thread where NASA did not even tell the astronauts in the challenger that they were going to die, SO I HIGHLY DOUBT they would tell us mere mortal of citizens if SOMETHING big was about to kill us all... We would need to rely on amateur astrologers for any hope of knowing.
edit on 15-2-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by Flavian

Ok dude if it happens it happens

^^ so deep man.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is how the invasion starts--just like in "Fall of Man" (the video game). Nah, just kidding, but this sort of spectacular in its own right. Hope everyone stays safe out there in Russia.

-TheGhoster

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
For anyone wondering about Tunguska (the two are being compared)

It was a Nuclear Fision Device, that malfunctioned.. Our "Visitors" allowed it to malfunction away from our populace.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Flavian

I vote for a fold up, extendable giant tennis racket we can swat them away with.

Or ancient and modern EA*RTH/space/ Moon or Other rail/laser based energy disposition weapons. To deflect and or destroy.

NAMASTE*******

Well ok, if you want to take the fun out of it!
I prefer my idea and i would volunteer to be the operator.

"Flavian, assume the position. An asteroid is on the way"

"Ok, sir, slipping into the tennis outfit now and just donning the Ceremonial Sweatbands of Doom Prevention".

Still, your idea would probably be more effective!

We'll need to work out the details of your gigantic tennis racket anti asteroid deflection system #1, and submit them to the UN or Wimbledon or someone.

Carbon nanotube strings or Titanium / Nitinol strings?

Mesh spacing (don't want the little ones to get through), i reckon 15 foot mesh.

Would you go for wooden composites or carbon fibre frame...these details are important.

I've spoken to the prime minister, and he wants more details asap.

link   
reply to post by Gutterpus

You should go out and purchase an asbestos suit, right now.

Put it on, quick.

They're coming for you...

Here's an image I found on the interweb. It shows the trajectory of DA14.

interesting page, with zero doom.
www.nasa.gov...

now back to bbqing the 4th or 5th time someone has posted the fake hells gate video.

link   
reply to post by Flavian

20.000 helper is tad too much for the disaster area, i was also thinking about (radiation control), unless my mind going haywire on conspiracy thingy.

I believe both the Russian and Americans government knew exactly what is going to happen, the rest will show sometimes to night.

lets hope that i am wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join