It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unnecessary Police Brutality Caught on Camera in Florida as Man Surrenders

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Just another example of how the police abuse there authority.

Here is another example

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tancred

Your average person pulls to the right side of the road, stops the car, turns off the car and places his/her hands on the steering wheel with they see they flashing lights behind them.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The biker is an idiot. I could see an argument for police brutality if he had not resisted while on the ground. At first, the policeman gives conflicting commands. Put your hands up followed by an immediate get on the ground which is accompanied by a simultaneous strike. Which is it you CF of an officer? Oh and the threat of death at the hands of the officer was a nice touch.

Once on the ground the biker refuses to put his hands behind his back. He ruined his chances of winning any case as it is clear that before being tazed that he is not cooperating at all while on the ground.

Losers interacting with losers...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
You bet they arranged for all of them to leave their sirens on so the camera can't quite hear all that's going on.

You bet they arranged for all of them to mass around him so the camera can't quite see what's going on here.

Typical, typical, typical from law enforcement these days.

What gives them the right to have a 7+ against 1 fight? One officer holds "this" limb down, while another 2 holds "this" limb down while this officer and that officer punch him and this officer and that officer work together to get the cuffs on while others swarm around so we can't see that they "pretend" to make it seem they're still trying to get the cuffs on the dude even though they've had the cuffs on but are making it appear they don't yet, so they can continue to punch him and what not. Disgusting!

So, is this fair? All of them against one. All of them against one in handcuffs. All of them with guns, and night sticks, and freed arms and hands and legs against one who isn't free.

Talk about a legalized gang that strikes fear --all have the same shirts. All have the same pants. All have guns and tasers. All have the same cars. All have the same training. That's a gang, right?

Well, they certainly ganged up on that dude now didn't they?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
First of all I would like to say that I am totally on the side of the anti police brutality group.

But what amazes me is the absolute stupidity of the police who do these things while being videoed by their own cameras.

We have three divisions of the judicial system for a reason.

1 - The law enforcement and investigative arm; in other words, the police.
Their job is to catch and arrest lawbreakers. Anything beyond that, as in beatings or other unwarranted uses of force, is punishment administered without due process by the other two arms of the judicial system.

2 - The courts are the second arm of the triad of the judicial system. It is their job to see to it that a suspected criminal has his constitutional rights protected while determining guilt or innocence. Then when innocence is determined they are to let the suspect return to his normal life. But when guilt is ascertained it is then their job to pass an appropriate sentence in line with the severity of the offense.

3 - The penal system is the first of the three that is actually allowed to administer punishment. That includes everything from community service to the death penalty.

When any of the three oversteps their authority the system breaks down and justice is not served. Unnecessary use if force by the police is the worst of the lot. IMHO, any cop who violates the right of a suspect to a fair trial before administering punishment, such as a beating, should be given a fair trial himself and if found guilty he should be fired and never allowed to wear a badge and a gun again. One problem with that last though is that the cops tend to stick together and any fairness in investigating a charge of police brutality is likely to be non existent.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

I agree. Cops rarely get any kind of charges, simply because its the cops word over the criminals word... Who do you think the judge is going to side with?

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This kind of stuff goes on all the time even worse. I was a party when I was a teen and a fight broke out. Someone called the cops and when they showed up they told us all to go home. My buddy in the crowd said FU. They hand cuffed him and took him away. He called two hours later wanting someone to pick him up. The cops beat the tar out of him and dropped him off in one of the worst parts of Detroit. He's white and there are places in Detroit white people don't go. Hell theres places the cops wont go. When we picked him up he had two black eyes a broken nose and bruises all over. They did a number on him. I don't put anything past the police.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by PsykoOps

I'm not taking the cops side and I am not justifying anything. I said an edited video is manipulation, if you're too ignorant to understand that I'm sorry for you. I gave examples of any number of events that we do not know what happened because the uploader of this video decided not to show everything.

Oh so what was manipulated then? Do tell that? It shows exactly everything we need to know. It shows that the suspect is surrendering and gets assaulted. To think there's any possible way of justifying that is pure ignorance.

Just because you have a prejudiced position, you have made up your mind. Let me ask you, is there anything that could have happened in the complete video that would make you change your mind? If not then there is no need for you to see it. I reserve judgement until I see it all.

I have made up my mind from the evidence. Which is crystal clear. No nothing in the complete video would justify the cops behaviour. Or can you conjur up even a single thing in the entire universe that would justify cops attacking someone who is surrendering and following orders?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Also something I just thought. When a person is surrendering the only thing police are authorised to do is to take them into custody, safely. When you go in punching, kicking and wrestling you are not only braking the law, endangering the suspect but also you are putting yourself and your fellow officers in danger. There are ways of safely securing suspects (on knees, hands behind head etc.) but when you go in to wrestle you present a variety of weapons the suspect can reach for. Plain incompetence.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienjuggalo
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Absolute bs. Might as well just keep running

Looks like he ran out of road.

Probably would have if he could have. If anything can outpace a radio it's a crotch rocket.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by fawlty
The biker is an idiot. I could see an argument for police brutality if he had not resisted while on the ground. At first, the policeman gives conflicting commands. Put your hands up followed by an immediate get on the ground which is accompanied by a simultaneous strike. Which is it you CF of an officer? Oh and the threat of death at the hands of the officer was a nice touch.

Once on the ground the biker refuses to put his hands behind his back. He ruined his chances of winning any case as it is clear that before being tazed that he is not cooperating at all while on the ground.

Losers interacting with losers...

Refuses to put his hands behind his back? If you watch the video cop 1 gets the guy on his stomach and seems to have control of him. Until cop 2 enters the picture and starts beating him that it. You try resisting the urge to cover your face as you have one man holding you down and another using your head as a punching bag. Thats how cops get away with this BS. They get to make a legitimate case that the person was resisting arrest when in reality the person was just resisting getting their ass kicked.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Illuminaughty8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This is clearly police brutality. The only resisting the guy on the bike was doing were natural reflexes to pain administered from the cops.

All this is, is proof that anyone assigned with authority over another is capable of evil

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I believe this policemen are psychologically dangerous. I saw nothing but programmed robots, out of tuned intuition men. How much clearer can the victim get?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by gunshooter

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about, and you should get educated before you comment on something you know little about.

Apparently, you are too biased to make a rational analysis of the video and police report.

They were telling poor ole Mateo to get on the ground over the loudspeaker and also when the first cop was running at him.

Mistake #1: Mateo chose rather to stay standing up, so... the cop hit him in the chest and knocked him to the ground.

Then, the cop tried to cuff him, and (mistake #2) he fought with the cop instead.

So, second cop comes in and throws a few punches.

Eventually, he gets overwhelmed by cops and tased.

This was a series of poor choices by the "victim".

In any case, he'll get a chance for an unbiased jury to hear the whole story in his civil suit.

Its painfully obvious that you did not even look at the use of force ladder. Its sad when i post the information, and you still stay ignorant to the fact that this was total abuse of power. They used way more force than necessary to control the suspect, there are steps to take, and watch for instead of jumping right into beating the crap out of him. Look at the ladder I posted, and you will actually understand how wrong you really are. Another thing, by the time the suspect got off the bike, he didn't have much time to react, those cops that jumped him had to have been already charging him before you can see them on camera. Did you even notice how fast he was taken down. Its the same when a cop yells "freeze" or "halt" right before they pull the trigger on someone. They're trying to legally cover their arse by giving the command right before they act, not caring if the suspect has time to react. You need to admit to just being wrong anyway, its okay, sometimes we aren't always right, and you just have to learn that.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This guy isn't going to have to work a day in his life. I smell a big law suit here. He clearly has a case of police brutality since it was all recorded on the police cam. Unless this kid did something extreme before he voluntarily gave himself up, he'll have the last laugh.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SammyB0476

I go one step further. I take out the keys to the ignition and place them on the roof of the car. I have never had a problem, even times when I should have. Show no defiance to someone still assessing the threat level you pose.

EDIT:
you get more out of another person by using logic and reason. Cops are not robots. If you do have a problem, show them you are not an idiot without acting like a jerk. Most times just acting like a normal human being and giving them a break inclines them to give YOU a break. Speak your grievances without making it personal, they do listen, How they respond is up to you.

edit on 15-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bri6844
Just another example of how the police abuse there authority.

Here is another example

I had never heard of this one, this makes me literally sick to my stomach. Someone needs to find that guy, and put a nice piece of hot lead between his ears. What a true monster. What a load of crap he couldn't tell she's pregnant. Crooked cop motto: "gotta lie to get by"

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
There is not nearly enough context to determine whether the use of force was justified.

1. I'm going to guess the guy wasn't pulled over for a broken turn signal.

2. He should have let the cops cuff him when on the ground, but it does look like he was resisting that. For all they know he is reaching for a weapon.

Did you just watch the same video I did? I believe the guy got off his bike and turned towards the police with both hands in the air...Now if Mr. Adrenaline pumping maniac cop would of just done his job and immediately grabbed his arms and put them in hand cuffs(ie done his job), everything after that.. wouldn't of happened. Instead the officer lost control and ran up to him full force, punching him and tackling him to the ground.

What does it matter what he was pulled over for? Or if he was just involved in a high speed pursuit? He still, at the point in the video, gave up and placed his hands above his head to be taken into custody.

It looks like he was resisting once he was on the ground, you say? Really? Multiple officers are punching and kneeing him..I'd like to see you lay perfectly prone with your hands out to the sides while multiple people punch and knee you, thrusting their knees into your back..Your bodies natural reaction is to try and protect itself, which is exactly what out of control cops interpret as resisting arrest.

Thanks for posting this OP, and your right it's just one more example in the ridiculously countless examples of out of control cops abusing their authority, and then blaming the victim. It's plain to see at this point, that their fellow officers or their superiors will not, or cannot fix the problem within our nations police departments. So it will continue to happen unabated until finally the people of these United States finally force the police forces to cease and desist all forms of police brutality.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
huh. i wounder what made the cops so angry. guy obviously did something that really pissed them off and cause them to go over board.

edit on 15-2-2013 by david99118 because: Not condusive to peacefull discussion.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
This kind of pathetic s**t happens all the time.

It happens so often that we're getting less and less people defending the cops saying 99.9% are actually good guys and/or even defending the revolting incidents on tape as being justified.

This is why we'll have more Dorners.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join