It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Dorner in gun battle with authorities, source says

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is what happens when you let Barney Fife, write the script that is sent to the Media!

They report things from Act 7 during Act 4, and it makes everyone look retarded...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by MidnightToker

The reports I saw said he was filmed filling scuba tanks,they contain compressed air not oxygen.Were there other reports of him buying oxygen?

Filled scuba tanks are about 20% oxygen.

Regular fills for shallow diving are air, so 20.9 % oxygen.

Deep diving requires mixed gases, too much nitrogen in air for deep dives, they mix helium and oxygen to avoid getting the bends.

Either way not any more oxygen than in air. The tanks could explode in a fire due to expansion of the air in the heat.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It kind of makes you wonder,is he going to have a burial at sea?
What ever body they do find,that is.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

This doesn't surprise me a bit. The police actually forced one of Jeffrey Dahmers victims back into the house with Dahmer because Dahmer convinced them that they were just having a lovers spat.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by butcherguy

Given the particulars of this case? Absolutely. Is the notion of looking at teeth or taking fingerprints on a body something that seemingly requires some monolithic effort?
edit on 2/12/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

It's a stretch to pull fingerprints from a charred body on the scene. And comparing dental records take professional analysis, and time. The ID was too quick, and there's no verification of the form of ID they used. To say it was Dorner, they should at least say how they determined that. Dog Tags? Dental Records? Nope.

The best they could say was that it was a "black" man.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Either way not any more oxygen than in air. The tanks could explode in a fire due to expansion of the air in the heat

Now that is a valid point,thank's.They could explode from heat,I did miss that.Quite unlike propane tanks, which have blow out vaulve's.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Maybe if he was a better driver he would have got away. first he gets his truck stuck,breaks the axle and has to burn it before he got to where he was going, then he ties up the 2 cleaning ladies and steals their car which he also wrecked.Then he leaves that car and hijacks a pickup truck which he also wrecks, yep if he had spent a little more time learning how to drive he would have got away.
I bet he was paying really high insurance rates considering how bad he drives.

One of the best ways to defeat cops (or anyone for that matter if you are armed) chasing you is to drive erratically to keep a comfortable distance then make a sudden sharp 90 degree turn so you can unload on the cops sitting exposed in the front seat. This has to be done before any back up shows. He has gotten away several times where others would eventually get caught. Too bad evasive driving and the curvy mountain roads of Big Bear aren't really compatible.

No matter how this officially turns out, the fact is that one man took down several officers and tied up a large amount of law enforcement resources. Now the government will really want to start getting the drones in operation on American soil.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
What amazes me is that it has all gotten so bad that it reads like a new release. You know the one that was remade from the 90's but originally done in the 70's but pretty sure the book was written in 12 AD. At what point does the stupidity end? How long is it ok to just write and crack jokes about it instead of sticking our necks out. # at least the Europeans have the snuff to lob petrol bombs....

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Prepare to not only see a story change and morph over the coming days, but possibly also blowback on the lapd. This may incite strong reactions.

Looking forward to seeing what will be compiled of the police scanner audio also...
So how long does it really take them to find a crispy cop killer in a cabin?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

The best they could say was that it was a "black" man.

Well I guess so after he was burned in a fire!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Man, what a crazy thread this has been.

I understand people being suspicious with regards to this matter, but what is really the point of speculating as to whether the body really is Dormer, we're never gonna know for sure really, are we?

Unless the authorities consent to allow a trusted member of the ATS community to positively identify the body...like that will happen - speculating on whether or not the body recovered from the scene really is Dorner is a fruitless endeavour.

What I will say is this: how much more evidence does the population need that their government is and has been tyrranical for a long time? Someone commented earlier in this thread as to how one man fared so well against a police force...and he did alright considering the odds were stacked so heavily against him...when will the people finally exercise the right afforded to them by the ammendments they so value? When does the time come?

What use are those guns when nobody is acting? Dorner acted pretty much on his own with little or no support, regardless of his motives or his crimes - he set an example.

It's not about the population as a whole, it's self preservation - I think people will fight back only when their own individual liberties are trodden on, and like Dormer...will fail. We should value other people's freedoms and liberties as much as our own, because essentially - they're part and parcel of the same thing...one man can't win...if the time isn't now then when is it?

It was quite sad to read through this thread, I have mixed emotions about it. Sorry to go off track a bit but it's all a rich tappestry, eh.
edit on 12-2-2013 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I agree to an extent, hopefully I was mindful enough, earlier, to use the term "preliminary identification" - as that is the spirit it was meant in. I think I even posted that in a case like this it is feasible that the coroner would have access to dental records and could make a preliminary ID based upon fillings, crowns, caps, bridges, etc.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
Police pull over a blue truck that looks similar to Dorner's, being driven by two little ladies delivering newspapers:

Officer #1: "You go up there and check it out, man."
Officer #2: "No way, you go take a look."
Officer #1: "I ain't going up there. You're nuts. Let's just start shooting."
Officer #2: "OK, good idea."

Later, police suspect that Dorner is holed up in somebody's house, with no idea who else may be inside:

Officer #1: "You go up there and check it out, man."
Officer #2: "No way, you go take a look."
Officer #1: "I ain't going up there. You're nuts. Let's just burn it to the ground."
Officer #2: "OK, good idea."

What is their job, exactly? Oh yeah, To Serve And Protect.

I thought it was to treat people like Kings.

listening to the recordings from the liveleak and also archive
makes me sick

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikus

the fact is that one man took down several officers and tied up a large amount of law enforcement resources.

For a man who had a big beef with the LAPD, he sure did do a good job of getting out of LA and taking out cops who were not LAPD.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Police say no body found yet in cabin

H ere

edit on 12/2/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

Unless the authorities consent to allow a trusted member of the ATS community to positively identify the body

I nominate Heff.

link   
reply to post by buni11687

I can't believe everyone thinks it's him without DNA evidence.
He might be able to outsmart the cops.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
CNN reporter just said live on air that LAPD are still acting like Dorner is at larger until body is identified. 50 families named by Dorner still being guarded and protected

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by samerulesapply

Unless the authorities consent to allow a trusted member of the ATS community to positively identify the body

I nominate Heff.

Lol, I second that motion!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
No body? Does this ring a bell?

Starting at 2:35

Teasel: "They found Rambo's body. As a matter of fact, it stole an army truck and blew up a gas station on the other side of town."

Trautman: "The kid is resilient."

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join