It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lighting strikes Dome of St. Peter's same day Pope Benedict XVI announces resignation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Just wanted to add a quick note. Angelo Scola can easily be translated into "Angel Fallen."

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Tarcisio Pietro Evasio Bertone, S.D.B. (born 2 December 1934) is an Italian prelate and diplomat. A cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church

Pietro
pi(et)-ro as a boy's name is a variant of Pedro (Spanish, Portuguese) and Peter (Greek), and the meaning of Pietro is "rock".

edit on 12-2-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

Go look at the Prophecy of the Popes then tell me you don't wanna crap yourself.

Can you describe the connection for all of us that are not familiar? I looked it up (albeit briefly) and didn't see it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

I meant both Pietro and Evasio. "Peter Evasion." Maybe "evading the rock." I don't suppose Tarcisio or Bertone have a direct translation, do they?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Can someone tell us more about the "attack of the dove", thanks.

Pope’s Dove of Peace Attacked by Seagull of Irony

The release of a white dove is a traditional symbol of peace and tranquility. Like the olive branch, and more recently the peace symbol, the white dove is recognized worldwide as an icon of hope, love and friendship. That is, until it almost gets eaten by a seagull.

There ya go

peace

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker
reply to post by dollukka

I meant both Pietro and Evasio. "Peter Evasion." Maybe "evading the rock." I don't suppose Tarcisio or Bertone have a direct translation, do they?

My question to you (Thought Provoker) is: what makes you predict him over Turkson?

I must also say/add that I was impressed by your signature link... something like that would have completely blindsided me, so at least now if that does happen with jp2, then? I wont be knocked totally off the rails.

But I am interested as to why you choose the rock evader... Perhaps because the deck is already stacked with italians?
edit on 12-2-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: ,

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Double post please remove
edit on 12-2-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: Derp

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

Cardinal Bertone is the most politically-powerful Cardinal. He's the Vatican's Secretary of State. He's been around for more than 20 years, working from the inside. He and Ratzinger go way back. He's not from Rome, so he's not literally "Roman," but he was born in a place called "Romano Canavese," up near Turin, so he could still be called Peter the Roman I suppose. He was also the main target of the "Vatileaks" scandal, exposing Vatican corruption in their financial dealings; Bertone suppressed the whistleblower, the now-infamous butler of Benedict who says he was trying to protect the Pope. Bertone even hired Fox News to do "damage control" and tried to blackmail journalists to shut them up. He's as evil as they come.

Whether he ends up the next Pope or not, he damn sure wants to be. And he has the influence to pull it off. Turkson is a nobody compared to him.

Oh, PS: have you been watching all the MSM speculation about Who Will Become Pope? Even though Bertone is on the official list, I have yet to hear them mention him as a possibility. They're trying to keep him out of the public eye, for Some Reason. That makes his "election" even more likely to me.
edit on 2/12/2013 by Thought Provoker because: PS

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Sign of the times or a lightning strike on the tallest thing nearby?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Let's face it, these events create the perfect conspiracy.

Really all we need now is UFO disclosure linking in and that would be the ultimate in conspiracy theories realised.

The ultimate.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Thank you for the reply. At the risk of sounding argumentative, I'll ask another question, but only because you are obviously vastly more in the know than myself on this topic. Question is: even in light of your good points above... Strictly speaking, doesnt the fact that a figure like Turkson even EXISTS as a candidate at this particular time and date, with all of his coincidental tie ins to the prophecy, including his support of global banking, NWO etc..... Take the cake over the more the conventional popularity, clout, and association?

I ask because this Turkson sounds like he was hand tailored for the prophecy...
edit on 12-2-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: .

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012

doesnt the fact that a figure like Turkson even EXISTS at this particular time and date, with all of his coincidental tie ins to the prophecy, including his support of global banking, NWO etc..... Take the cake over the more conventional popularity, clout, and association?

I ask because this Turkson sounds like he was hand tailored for the prophecy...

Good points... but Turkson's obviousness makes him less likely. The Conclave knows all of that, too, and they want to avoid fulfilling Malachy's prophecy. That's why they picked Ratzinger; he had nothing to do with "the glory of the olive" until he was elected and chose the name Benedict, which is all about olives.

Plus, it gets even more complicated. Starting on March 1st, there is no Pope. And during such times, "senior Vatican officials" handle all church business until one is elected. Bertone's the top guy there. He will be partially in charge until that white smoke appears. If "something" should happen before the Conclave finishes picking someone, guess who stays in power?

If Jesus saves, well, he better save himself
From the gory glory seekers who use his name in death...

(I thought you might appreciate that.
)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Is it not possible that the pope merely waited for the next storm and had a photographer take a picture and capture A lightning because god damnit, he wants people to freak the hell out? There is a bloody lightning rod on the building.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Too true! Sort of like martial law for the church.... Okay.

Staggeringly though, we have two peters never the less... One who its nearly a shoe-in, and the other a poster child for the prophecy.

At this point it seems that unless they elect someone completely different, we will see more of Malachys vision unfold regardless. Again, it makes the mind reel.

It makes me wonder just how much is contrived and what (if anything) is actually inexplicable... Perhaps divine"

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness
Is it not possible that the pope merely waited for the next storm and had a photographer take a picture and capture A lightning because god damnit, he wants people to freak the hell out? There is a bloody lightning rod on the building.

you can't see the odds? Imagine... Its like someone hit a once every 600 years lottery... And got struck by lightning THE SAME DAY.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012
Go look at the Prophecy of the Popes then tell me you don't wanna crap yourself.

don´t believe the prophecy ...its fake..research it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Really all we need now is UFO disclosure linking in and that would be the ultimate in conspiracy theories realised.

Oh it's there - the 'Holy Church' has been the bad boy in muting the truth about UFO's for ages - millennia IMO.

There's so many links to info it's hard to know where to point you other than a search engine.

peace

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I honestly can't believe people care about popes anymore.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Here's an interesting read:

Now, the Pope Benedict Conspiracy Theories

With Pope Benedict suddenly announcing his resignation today, we've looked at his legacy and the process for choosing his replacement. Now—forgive us—we delve into the inevitable conspiracy theories that "explain" his resignation:

His Nazi History. Benedict has acknowledged he was forced to serve in the Hitler Youth.

Sex Scandal. Not only has a sex-abuse scandal rocked the Catholic Church, Pope Benedict is said to have personally approved an accused molester's transfer to therapy.

The Prophecy. Of course, there's a prophecy. A bishop named Malachi may have proclaimed in 1140 that the 111th pope—the one after Benedict—will reign during the downfall of the church.

Fatal Illness. "Italians are great conspiracy theorists, so they are all looking for other reasons why he may have quit," says a Telegraph reporter. "I think the most popular reason that people were coming up with was that they just think perhaps he is much more ill than we have been told."

Weight of Scandal. Not exactly a conspiracy, this theory holds that church scandals (like "Vatileaks") have been hard on Benedict's health.

There's more at the link - and refreshing in a weird kind of way to hear a MSM source to at least mention the conspiracy side of the Abdication.

peace

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
If you're up for a long listen? There's some really interesting theories in these two videos.

Some of the info is obviously erroneous - but - enough fact to make it a thought provoking and interesting listen.

and

I believe there is a third part - but if you've got that far you'll be able to click ahead right on You Tube of course.

I'm half way through the second part - interesting stuff here - really.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join