It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lighting strikes Dome of St. Peter's same day Pope Benedict XVI announces resignation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

That's true, they do have lightening rods. However, this seems just too much.

I hope this isn't the final pope. Truly I do. But look around. This place is in trouble. Evil is now called good and wrong is right. We're in trouble regardless. But we should redouble our efforts to convert anyway. Lightly and with a full heart.

I hope that the people who don't believe will at least try to understand our concern.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well let's see...

two weeks ago the Dove of peace was attacked by a seagull

the day the pope announces his resignation the Vatican Dome is hit by lightning...

Nah...no omens here...move along...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Pope Benedict XVI: profile of 'God’s Rottweiler'

A lighting strikes the basilica of St.Peter's dome during a storm, the same day Pope Benedict XVI announced his resignation, Vatican City

More sources coming in now.

peace

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Lightening strikes at the vatican seem to be pretty common, a very quick look at google brought up a lot of reports, here`s a few of them:

June 29, 1995, Patriarch Bartholomew then asked Christians to pray and fast to oppose the power of the Devil and to drive out demons. At that exact moment, all the faithful were startled by a lightning bolt which struck the basilica, followed by a violent summer storm.

The Glasgow Herald
December 22 1938, Rome Wednesday, A thunderstorm passing over rome this evening.A lightening rod in the vatican was struck and a number of windows and doors were shattered.

Toledo Blade
March 8 1976 Vatican City: Lightening struck vatican city saturday night and chopped an arm off of one of the 140 marble statues topping the famous colonnades in St. Peters square.

It took about 1 minute to find those 3 I`m sure a longer search will reveal a lot more.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Its not so much how often, but when

There are no coincidences.

Can you smell it? The end is upon us.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Lightening strikes at the vatican seem to be pretty common, a very quick look at google brought up a lot of reports, here`s a few of them:

It all comes down to if you believe in coincidences by themselves or combined with prophecy. Either or - or both.

I'm going to wait until I hear who the new 'Papa' is to throw my hat into the ring - but that being said - I don't believe in coincidences. *wink*

peace

edit on 11-2-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

Its not so much how often, but when

There are no coincidences.

Can you smell it? The end is upon us.

Oh I can smell it alright....

[inappropriate image removed]

The end is always upon us....every time you get in a car and hit the highway...you could be on your way to a dirt nap...

This is just neat coincidences with really odd timing. I made the crack up above about "omens"...well...I suppose if you choose to see it that way. I do not choose to see it that way.
edit on 2/11/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Feb 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

So your telling me that all of this doesn't give you a shiver? I'm not religious well.. I like to think the time I invest in personal enlightenment or religion is better spend in helping people.

But all of this doesn't make you ponder? You don't have to be catholic or religious to see the value and symbolism of this all.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That's pretty wild...I swear, some of the headlines lately...you couldn't even make up, no one would believe it.

Originally posted by Destinyone
I can see it now....Pope Obama.....

edit on 2/11/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Well...maybe it's mental defense mechanism kicking in. I have never been a "doomer". I prefer to look around and try to see a good thing everyday. I am sure if I really wanted to, I could find signs and omens of horrible things to come...I prefer to see a glass half full so to speak. If you try and find the bad things in this world, you don't have to look far....

My kids are grown and I am of the age that I am not going to prep for "doom" or try to hang on. If cataclysm is coming, I hope to go out in the initial flash and shockwave. My wife and I have no desire to try and scratch out a living in a post apocalyptic world.

If this is an omen of "the end of days"...so be it. My spirit is ready....

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

If a picture paints a 1000 words...

Seriously - ya have to wonder.

peace

edit on 11-2-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I can agree with this
. Same goes for me, however I still think its important to look at these things. To see it unravel. If i'm part of a grand scheme and have no control over the matter then I want to know when and go out smiling.

I like to think we are all prophet in some way. Think about it, if the time is really now then we are all chosen to witness this event that has been preparing for thousands of years. Beautiful.

edit on 11-2-2013 by Senduko because: prophet not profit lol

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

OMG that just sent a chill through my spine, and here comes the comet, and there was the attack of the dove.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

i dont know much about your cited source, so i dont have any opinion really. personally i am going to believe this is true unless proven false. the thing is it could get real deep real quick. so say this is an Illuminati move based on the prophecies, what if the prophecies were made by the Illuminati as a script they were going to follow in order to achieve whatever goal they may have.

so if you go down the Illuminati road than you should believe that they hide technology, one technology that has been in conversation here plenty on ats is weather control, which can include lighting storms(ZEUS, ODIN?) so did the Illuminati write a script, and now acting it out and adding special effects to make it more believable?

and it can go even deeper(aliens, reptillians,) ect, but i dont want to jack the tread good find star and flag
edit on 11-2-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The coming of the kingdom is described by Jesus as the shining of the lightning from one part of heaven to another, even "from the east unto the west"

He sent out His arrows and scattered the foe,
Lightnings in abundance, and He vanquished them.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

Saint Malachy (1094 - November 2, 1148) was known as great prophet. While in Rome in 1139 he received a vision showing him all the Popes from his day to the end of time. According to these prophecies, only two Popes remaining after John Paul II.

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Luke 10:18

That's the first thing that crossed my mind!

edit on 11-2-2013 by lupodigubbio because: dramatic effect

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Noteworthy.... The next one is supposed to be the Devil himself (aka if you thought Adolph was evil you have another thing coming).....

Just saying....

I really really hope that one isn't true.
edit on 11-2-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm a lapsed Catholic and this is quite spooky. I was shocked at the Pope resigning because Popes don't resign no matter how old, frail or ill - not in 'modern' times anyway. Add that to the lightening strike and the dove of peace being attacked, a couple of weeks ago...

I may not practice Catholicism anymore but I don't believe in coincidences either so this is all rather strange. Now if we get a black Pope called Peter... oh my!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by riverwild

Noteworthy.... The next one is supposed to be the Devil himself (aka if you thought Adolph was evil you have another thing coming).....

Just saying....

I really really hope that one isn't true.
edit on 11-2-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

You and me both!

I knew nothing about Malachy or any of these prophecies until today. It's all over the net today.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join