It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict To Resign At The End Of Februrary

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Interestingly, among Malachy's prophesies was his prediction of the day and hour of his own death—and it was accurate.

Malachy had the gift of healing to aid the sick. In addition, he reported possessed the powers of levitation and clairvoyance. Numerous miracles are attributed to his ministry. He was also endowed with the gift of prophecy. Most important of all of his prophesies was one concerning the succession of the Popes—from Pope Innocent II (who became pontiff in 1140) to the pope who will follow John Paul II—the Historians believe that Malachy received his papal secession vision during his visit to Rome in 1140 for the coronation of Innocent II

MalaMalachy wrote that he was inscribing the pontiffs from Celestine II "...to the end of the world." In a vision the Holy Spirit revealed each future pontiff by his character, geographic or physiological attributes, or his coat of arms. In all, Malachy described 111 popes.

However, in the 1820 printed version of Malachy's prophesies, Lignum Vitre (written in 1559 by a Benedictine historian, Arnold Wyon), a 112th pope appears that was not in Malachy's original manuscript. The 112th pope was added by the Olivetan monks.

Father Claude Francois Menestrier, a famous 18th century Jesuit, claims the prophecies were actually written in 1590 by Cardinal Simoncelli to influence the election of the Cardinal of his choice as pontiff that year. Skeptics of that era felt its more likely that Cardinal Simoncelli wrote them. However, three simple facts suggest Menestrier was wrong, and that Malachy did write them.

read more here:

Did Malachy Prophecy 112 Popes?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
February 28 is the catholic Feast Day of ROMANUS. Coincidence or fulfilling self prophecy (Malachy)?

www.catholic.org...

One top favourite for being next pope is La Petrus Turkson from Ghana.

Will Rome try to self fulfil their own Malachy prophecy or is it really just coincidence?

Turkson calls for a New World Order, he calls for a World Government and he calls for that the world government should control all financial institutions. He would perfectly fit into these times and we would have a Black US president and a Black pope, too. Petrus Romanus.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Sorry I had to.

-SAP-
edit on 12-2-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I am not Catholic. I do not believe Catholicism is correct in many of the key points of theology. The church I belong to is also lead by a man who is the same age as the Pope, but would pass in comparison for someone much younger. What really bothers me about the Pope, and something I haven't noticed while scanning through previous posts is:

HE HAS A TREMENDOUS LACK OF FAITH.

I would think that a true leader of a true church would be assured the ability to fulfill his requirement when taking the job. Shouldn't he have prayed for the strength of mind and body instead of just walking away? If I was a Catholic, this would really bother me. Certainly the hand and mind of God are shown in the choosing of a Pope, at least that is what the claims are each time it happens. Would God have chosen someone NOT fit to lead his church?
Seriously, if this doesn't make Catholics question their faith in their Church, I don't know what would.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu

On the application form to become the pope, there needs to be a question on the page that reads,

"Have you ever been part of, or connected to a murderous dictatorial regime bent on destruction, genocide and global domination?" Yes/No

Guess that rules out anyone from the Obama administration

edit on 12-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This made me think of the Henoch Prophecies, published in 1987 by Billy Meier
and all thats in this prophecies is happening right now !

The Henoch Prophecies
""

“After the turn of the millennium, the papacy will exist only a short period. Pope John Paul II is the third from last in this position. After him, only one additional pontificate will follow. Then a Pontifex Maximus follows who will be known as Petrus Romanus. Under his religious rule, the end of the Catholic Church will come, a total collapse becoming inevitable. That will be the beginning of the worst catastrophe that will ever have befallen the human beings and the Earth. Many Catholic clerics, priests, bishops, cardinals and many others will be killed and their blood will flow in streams. But also the reformed version of Christianity will become just as infinitely small, as does Catholicism.”

Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WhySoBlinded

This was the short summary that the TLDR app provided:

At the same time, a war will shake Italy and claim many human lives as well as cause great destruction. Yet the misery on Earth will continue, as 2 terrible civil wars will break out in America, whereby one will follow the other.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

There is lots about him. It depends on where you look, or the world you circulate in. I for one, dont think that St. Malachi is right, but he is well known within Theology and the Catholic Church.

As I mentioned above, I think Ratzinger is more concerned about investigations into his role in the Ratlines that routed Nazi's to South America or perhaps his role in the official cover-up of Priest Paedophiles. Whether he is trying to save his own skin or protect the Church, is debatable.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The time has come for a black pope, mark my words.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
All I have to say is, doesn't matter who is the pope, the whole Vatican is a legal mafia , and blinded lambs kissing their hands...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pinkbirdatabase
February 28 is the catholic Feast Day of ROMANUS. Coincidence or fulfilling self prophecy (Malachy)?

www.catholic.org...

Will Rome try to self fulfil their own Malachy prophecy or is it really just coincidence?

Turkson calls for a New World Order, he calls for a World Government and he calls for that the world government should control all financial institutions. He would perfectly fit into these times and we would have a Black US president and a Black pope, too. Petrus Romanus.

WOW I did not know this!

I did some general digging into this myself and found a few interesting things:

There is an Edgar Cayce prophecy about a pope serving a short term after John Paul II. But I can not confirm the validity of it except for one site.

But Notradamus has a unique one that caught my eye:

II-41

The great star will burn for seven days,
The cloud will cause two suns to appear:
The big mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff will change country.

Then I remembered reading about a comet coming this year that if it stays intact it could be as bright as the full moon and may be visible during the day briefly.

Some are predicting that ISON will become as bright as a full moon! That would make Comet ISON a daylight object, briefly. Remember, though, at perihelion, Comet ISON will appear close to the sun on the sky’s dome (only 4.4° north of the sun on November 28). Although the comet will be bright, you’ll need to look carefully to see it in the sun’s glare.

Comet ISON

Interesting times we live in INDEED!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jmsbkr

Man I have been thinking the same thing since I heard this yesterday. I really dont belive in any gods, but this would be freaky enough for me to re-think that postion.

This is why it freaked me out.
In 1909, during an audience for the general chapter of the Franciscan Order, Pope Pius X suddenly fell into a trance. The audience waited in reverent silence. When he awoke, the Pope cried out:”What I see is terrifying! Will it be myself? Will it be my successor? What is certain is that the Pope will quit Rome, and in leaving the Vatican he will have to walk over the dead bodies of his priests.
“Do not tell anyone this while I am alive.”
Just prior to his death (August 20, 1914), Pope Pius X had another vision:
“I have seen one of my successors, of the same name, who was fleeing over the bodies of his brethren. He will take refuge in some hiding place; but after a brief respite he will die a cruel death.
“Respect for God has disappeared from human hearts. They wish to efface even God’s memory. This perversity is nothing less than the beginning of the last days of the world.”

I pulled that from a website. www.worldprophecies.net...
I also remember them saying something about a guy named Peter the Roman being the last pope in the End Days. en.wikipedia.org... and in my dream Peter the Roman Choose the Name Pius the XIII.
Cause who the Front Runner for the next Pope is. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by something wicked

Because he is the first Pope in six centuries to resign, you'll have to make room for a tin foil hats on a conspiracy site.

Sadly yes, that will be the case. Unfortunately that's because some people on this site never look at the obvious reason being the most likely - just too normal for them.

previous pope goes kicking and screaming to the bitter end, frail as you can get with parkinsons, and this one just gives up because he is "too old"

yeah right....

biggest load of tripe i've ever heard.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pinkbirdatabase

There is another possible candidate : Cardinal Tarcisio Pietro Evasio Bertone, born in ...Romano Italy.

See his page at Wikipedia : en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The last pope is not real! (count the number of the popes correctly please)....the papal reign seems to be annoyingly never ending!
edit on 12-2-2013 by uthu74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoursteppingonmytoes
I take it no one has heard of the Black Pope and the Jesuits...

He was probably instructed to step down.

I can put money on the Jesuits having a hand in Benedicts "Decision".
Somebody already remarked that their mother said he was a "Black and Evil" Pope or something to that effect.
He was not but his controllers were. The Black Pope is the real person in charge of the Holy See.

He is known as the Jesuit "General" and have been protecting the Vatican since its inception. Pre dating the Knights of Malta etc. A very evil lot of people. If I can find the quote about them smashing babys heads etc etc I will post it. Just google "Black Pope" and prepare to have your eyes opened.

Have a nice day!

very good point, when i saw this i thought the same thing. i read a very eye opening book when i was in my teens called "the wandering Jew" by Eugene Sue.

which went into great detail about the jesuits and the black pope. its a fascinating read. its suposed to be fiction but based on an old medieval folktale. still gives great insight into the jesuits of the day. it was written in 1845.

heres a link to an open source ebook.

www.gutenberg.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayuki
previous pope goes kicking and screaming to the bitter end, frail as you can get with parkinsons, and this one just gives up because he is "too old"

yeah right....

biggest load of tripe i've ever heard.

yall gotta let him go. he's german and decided enough is enough,
whatever the reason. hes human after all.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pinkbirdatabase

www.catholic.org...

Geez, I am not Catholic, but that is truly bizarre. What are the chances of all of this?
I have just been reading up on this the last day and its really strange. Some of the prophecies are uncanny.

The day the pope has set to leave, is FEB 28th. Some might say he set it up, but did he also set up the prophecy of the "labour of the sun" regarding the pope before him? John Paul was born during an eclipse.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
...What really bothers me about the Pope, and something I haven't noticed while scanning through previous posts is:

HE HAS A TREMENDOUS LACK OF FAITH.

That and the pope drives around in a bullet proof, armour plated car lol!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

I think it is time for an American Pope. I think they should consider Obama.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join