It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict To Resign At The End Of Februrary

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

In relation to the 'Last Pope Prophecy' and the times of tribulation spoken about in the prophecy, perhaps we should also consider this? It seems there is potentially a high chance of major political upheavel in Italy, what with the upcoming election on 24th and 25th of February. Could major political upheavel and fragmentation be what is spoken of when the prophecy speaks of the destruction of Rome, the 'seven-hilled city'? Quoted from the article, concerning so called 'populist' and 'demagogue' candidate, Beppe Grillo:

The man who could throw Italy into turmoil after the general election on 24 and 25 February began conversationally, but was soon roaring his execration of his country's established politicians to a crowd of several thousand.

Concerning Italy's existing political powers, Grillo exclaims:

"They're terrorised," he cried. "They're frightened because this movement" – he waved a hand over the square – "is becoming something extraordinary." With a gesture, he had gathered everyone present into something he said was "no longer a movement, but a community".

Current polls put Grillo's 'M5S' party at 13% to 16%, though it is thought that not only will this support grow in the coming weeks before the election, but that support is in reality higher:

"This could be a real tsunami. Those polls … we're at twice that level," said Grillo. And then, half-audibly, he added: "Unfortunately."

To end, I find it curious that he would feel it unfortunate that the votes he will receive could be much higher than the current poll ratings....food for thought, perhaps? Maybe he has an idea as to what is to come...should it come to that.

Beppe Grillo: populist who could throw Italy into turmoil at general election - The Guardian

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spottiswoode

It could be. I do believe that most scholars are actually interpreting the prophecy to be about the literal destruction of Rome.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Some believe the true Third Secret of Fatima says the last Pope will be controlled by the Devil. He could be a victim of blackmail or something. Forced to quit in order to usher in The End. Peter the Roman will hold the seat but will not be a Pope.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Didn't the Pope have a really bad headache a few months ago and they took him to the hospital? I bet he had a stroke. I feel really sorry for him. I hope his decision helps him reserve his health. I bet all that Madonna Ciccone crap in Europe must have stirred up every weirdo they've got. I'd have a stroke if I were the Pope and they unleashed the serpentide. Imagine every oversexed freak coming out of the woodwork to cause trouble? They'd better pick a younger guy. We have to get rid of these f-ed up people. The Pope will have to be strong to fight devil worship. Its getting really bad.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dhimmie

You are most likely correct. I am willing to bet that if the next Papa is not from Africa, he will be from Central or South America.

Europeans have pretty much been openly mocking the Catholic church for decades. And their arent enough devout Catholics from Europe or North America.

An African Cardinal or Latin Cardinal can help to hold "market share' in those populous regions of devout Catholics.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pinkbirdatabase

While this is true, the Catholic Church has ALWAYS believed this. In fact they pretty much had it their way in europe for centuries before the Schism and later the Reformation

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FuzzyNintendo

While others think the 3rd Secret is a recipe for dip.

Seriously there has been so much speculation over the 3rd secret it is almost impossible to say for certain what it really is, if the little bastards didnt make the whole thing up on there own! Or if they got hoaxed by some sneaky Portuguese adults.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy about "The Last Pope" in order to try to give more credibility to Christianity.

"If da bible ain't true, why the prophecies be commin' tru!?"

Because those who believe are in power want to play the "bad side" to give the religion more credibility to keep people believing and fearful...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Seems legit and a way to stay in power.

Preparing the world for the prophesized armageddon and when the world is broken and in chaos they will show up with a messiah introducing a new and better religion that will overthrow or unite all other religions.

Call it, Vatican 3.0 as they already did this before when Christianity was overthrowing the Roman gods, the Roman priests stayed in power by unifying Christian beliefs with the Roman beliefs, that is why we have winged angels and stories of the holy trinity.

It's a much needed monster make-over.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The vatican just needs to die, along with organized religion. While there are kernals of truth here and there, its become so incredibly distorted from its roots that it doesn't even recognize what they were to begin with.

It was hilarious having a pope who looks like a sith lord though. Hopefully the next one looks a bit more like yoda or mace windu

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bobwilson

How's this?

edit on 2/14/2013 by IsidoreOfSeville because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IsidoreOfSeville

I love Yoda, he's just a little goofy. I wish the Pope would talk more. Maybe he could use his grace to tell the future. He doesn't have to scry it could just come out like when Jesus told the blind man to see. Or maybe he'll just say we have to behave, and that's it. That's what I don't like. I think we could all be a lot more effective, if we knew what to expect I mean.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
did find this interesting:

The pope resignation was at 11/02/2013, the night before was new moon;

Sandy hook shooting was at 14/12/2012, the night before was new moon;

The aurora shooting massacre was at 20/07/2012, the night before was new moon;

moon phases

well this is just a great coincidence, but I had to share...

I just checked for the columbine shooting, it happened 4 days after new moon; the Norway shooting about 5 days before, and WTC 9/11/2001, it was half moon...

If anyone knows of other events of interest, please add...
edit on 14-2-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The Roman Emperor Elagabalus (218-222 A.D.) was high priest of Baal (the sun god) in Syria and later became Roman Emperor. He established the cult of Sol Invictus Elagabal in Rome. Emperor Aurelian (270-275) made Sol Invictus the state religion of the Roman Empire and established a Latin college of high priests under the name Pontifices Dei Solis to which Constantine belonged which later evolved into the Roman College of Cardinals of the Vatican which elects every pope to this day. ----- Ibid p. 167

Since Lucifer is "the light" (the sun) maybe this could be the beginning and the ushering in of the antichrist.

Edit: Also to add, I got this out of David Flynn's book "Cydonia, the Secret Chronicles of Mars". I would suggest anyone who is interested in the mysteries to read it.
edit on 14-2-2013 by 1337s0lja because: More information.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I did Nazi this coming.
hehehe

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
And now it looks like the truth is getting somewhere:

Pope Benedict, Joseph Ratzinger, has scheduled a meeting with Italian President Giorgio Napolitano for Saturday, February 23 to discuss securing protection and immunity from prosecution from the Italian government, according to Italian media sources.

Ratzinger's meeting follows upon the apparent receipt by the Vatican of a diplomatic note from an undisclosed European government on February 4, stating its intention to issue an arrest warrant for Ratzinger, who resigned from his pontificate less than a week later.
--from the blog ImmoralMinority, link: theimmoralminority.blogspot.com...

And Benedict plans to continue living in the Vatican after his resignation, which will make it tougher to arrest him.

The information on the issue comes from itccs.org, and there's some questions about how reliable this information is. However, it makes a lot more sense to me than any other theory I've heard.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
We'll be discussing this thread on ATS Live tonight - more info here

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Is to late for me (GMT)..... is there any possibility to listen to the show after (like a late broadcast our repetition), if you know what I mean

edit: just read the info at page thread... nevermind

edit on 16-2-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by 1337s0lja

Name: Peter
Title: Peter de Roma

Maybe who knows? How does this guy get the Muslims to believe in the antichrist?
edit on 11-2-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

They already do

e, then, are the ten major Signs of the Last Day as prophesied by Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah Most High be upon him)
Dajjal — the false Messiah or Anti-Christ,
• Gog and Magog, • Smoke,
• The beast of the earth or land (most likely the holy land),
• The sun would rise from the west,
• Three sinkings of the earth • one in the east • One in the west • and One in Arabia,
• A fire would come out of Yemen and would drive people to their place of assembly (for judgement),
• The son of Mary would descend. Although these signs were not given by the blessed Prophet (peace

www.imranhosein.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Originally posted by McGinty

Originally posted by Korg Trinity....What we need to find out is who or what has him by the balls?

Old age has him by the balls, i imagine!

Given that he would be the first pope to resign due to old age in 600 years, wouldn't that make him a coward?

Perhaps he has lost his marbles and not be able to conduct any business. then he would retire to the vatican and be ill as long as it takes for him to pass....

Not resign and raise more questions over faith.

If his actions truly are motivated by age then he is a selfish thoughtless individual.

If however he was given no choice then he is just as cowardly for not comming out and saying so to the public directly as is possible.

Korg.

That's very harsh!

Just because he's not being selfless doesn't mean he's being selfish. There's a middle ground which the vast majority of us mere mortals inhabit.

I hope you manage to live up to your astronomical standards.

But he is not supposed to be a mere mortal.

Papal infallibility is a dogma of the Catholic Church which states that, in virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error[1] "when, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church".[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join