It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict To Resign At The End Of Februrary

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Rumor has it that the former Bank of Canada's Governor, soon to be the U.K.'s, Marc Carney now is considering the Vatican’s top job!

brice

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
curious...

Quatrain II-41
The great star will burn for seven days,
The cloud will make two suns appear:
The large mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff changes his abode.
- Nostradamus

What is odd, is this pope is changing his abode, rather then dying. Could the great star be the comet?

This is a huge symbolic event, everything the church does is symbolic theater, nothing is accident, nothing is chance, timing is everything.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Sinead O'connor Congratulates pope on his resignation!
Story Here

"You can go back centuries, but the way they've behaved just in the last 20 years, over this issue of sexual abuse, shows they don't give a #," she said. "They feel untouchable. And to me it seems they don't believe in God at all. Because if you did believe you couldn't stand in front of that spirit covering up and moving priests and doctoring reports to psychiatrists and not telling them there was a suspicion of abuse, you just couldn't do that." In the same interview she also described the Vatican as a "nest of devils and haven for criminals."

"The church had been brought into dreadful disrepute by lies and blasphemies against The Holy Spirit," O'Connor continued in the statement. "Benedict's greatest achievement is this act of retiring. There is a chance now for the church to be rebuilt and made fit to house The Holy Spirit."

Pope Benedict XVI — who became Pope in 2005 — is the first to resign in over 600 years.

edit on 11-2-2013 by brice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

He has to be Catholic.

Obama is some type of Protestant...don't know if it's Lutheran or something else

Muslims arnt allowed to be Popes either. So Bama is definitely out of the running.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

He has to be Catholic.

Obama is some type of Protestant...don't know if it's Lutheran or something else

Muslims arnt allowed to be Popes either. So Bama is definitely out of the running.

oh let it go

sheesh....its boring

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The pope (No, I don't capitalize it.) was skimming through his pope handbook and when he read the following sentence....

....and though he must be celibate, the holy pontiff must never look upon a boy as a man looks upon a woman."

He decided to resign.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobody33
Why should those with ... move along? For them, those comments are what there is to see here.

BTW:

"POPE OUT" ... Out of the closet??? God has a way of telling a pope when to retire... its called death...

[right now on The Colber Report... going on and on and on and on... seriously entertaining rather than pooping... or is it popping... or ... oh well]

It seems everything now a days is PC..well except for Christianity... Apply these same post to Muslins...or gays and see 2000 posts in protests... lol people

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

oh let it go

sheesh....its boring

Im sorry if you find the truth boring... but it cant just be let go of because some are afraid to hear it

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Bama is a Moslem?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by thePharaoh

oh let it go

sheesh....its boring

Im sorry if you find the truth boring... but it cant just be let go of because some are afraid to hear it

[SNIP]

I'd like to see the evidence that convinced you he was anything other than Christian. No Fox News or Glen Beck related links or quotes please. K thanx.

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

edit on 2/11/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by z00mster

Also worth noting, I think, is that February 11th is the last day of the 11th month of the observable Biblical Hebrew Calendar.

It might or might not be significant. I don't follow the Hebrew Calendar, but I recognize it's lunisolar significance.

Source

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
If they want to make christians worship the antichrist maybe the best way is to use the own bible prophecy made in revelations, where we are told to be aware of the first "good man" trying to claim that he is Jesus.
As the prophecy of malachias says that the last pope will come at the same time as the antichrist (as it will be difficult times), they are probably making everything fit, so people will believe that Jesus is coming soon. So they have the oportunity to introduce two fake christs. As people will surely believe that the most "powerful" one is the true one.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

I'd like to see the evidence that convinced you he was anything other than Christian. No Fox News or Glen Beck related links or quotes please. K thanx.

I think he is whatever would get him elected.....To call him devout Christian OR Muslim would most likely be an insult...hehe

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
the DJs at KFI are saying Cardinal Roger Mahony might be the next pope.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
What scares me most about Turkson is his anti-Muslim fear mongering. A pontiff who acts irrationally may very well set off a holy war, which could lead to the end of days. Conspiracy theories aside, I'm afraid that this guy becomes Pope because of this video
Any world leader, especially a religious leader, with such an ignorant fear-mongering mindset is inclined to make dangerous and irrational decisions.

Turkson was directly behind the production of the video and presented it to an important Vatican meeting. The video was met with harsh criticism by Muslims and fellow Catholic cardinals and bishops. Anyone who preaches fear and ignorance over love and understanding is a preacher of evil, and a great danger.Article Regarding Backlash From Video

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

I think he is whatever would get him elected.....To call him devout Christian OR Muslim would most likely be an insult...hehe

Ironic no one gives O credit for his wonderful humanitarian works in Africa. I mean he truly has that place headed into a promised land. Maybe the cardinal from Ghana? will do just as good.

Y'all wanted change? Hope ur satisfied

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Who will take his place?

It will have to be one of the Kardashians, surely...

My guess is Obama

My monies on Uncle Benny

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Bishop Patrick Kelly of Liverpool is expected to supersede Pope Benedict as the next Pontiff. He has said he intends to reign as Pope John Paul George and Ringo.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Um, you guys...wow. You're not gonna believe this....

I'm sitting here looking through my Almanac and just saw something that gave me chills.

Please help verify...Under the "Remarkable Days" section for the very date of March 21, 2013 is:

Benedict!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Then a new candidate emerges...

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join