Christopher Dorner Manhunt : Bringin' Out the Drones

page: 2
61
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap
 


Your title and comments suggest that the drones being used are being used to hunt him down and kill him....that is not true.

These are "drones", remote controlled aircraft, with cameras on them...to LOCATE him.


They aren't sending out the predator drones to fire missles at him.


Do you think you can tone down the drama???




posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
law says if they see you doin something illegal by accident its all good in the gulag erps I mean court...
no I ment gulag...
also they don't seem to concerned about his guns...
wonder why?

they don't seem to care to much about collateral damage



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The headline (at least) is inaccurate -- we used a Predator drone in North Dakota in 2011 to help capture a fugitive who was hiding in a field, and the use of drones has already been upheld in court as regards that case.


A North Dakota court has preliminarily upheld the first-ever use of an unmanned drone to assist in the arrest of an American citizen.

A judge denied a request to dismiss charges Wednesday against Rodney Brossart, a man arrested last year after a 16-hour standoff with police at his Lakota, N.D., ranch. Brossart's lawyer argued that law enforcement's "warrantless use of [an] unmanned military-like surveillance aircraft" and "outrageous governmental conduct" warranted dismissal of the case, according to court documents obtained by U.S. News. (Source)



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle
 


Well it seems they do for a cop killer and especially someone who is trained in survivalist techniques.

Southern California must be like living in Pakistan.... LOL



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack
 


The vast majority of the public doesn't know about his "manifesto", they are being told that Donner=evil, Charlie Manson-type evil. The standard 10% of the public will be aware of some of his stated reasons for doing whatever it is he's doing. But this is the drone thread, so a question. Would the drone looking for heat signatures actually work better at night, because of the dark/light contrast?

Plus I wonder if he's factored this in to his plans. If so, and he is out there and has dug a pit, will his heat signature be seen through the ground?
edit on 10-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Do all of you have a problem with the helicopters that are currently out there with the exact same cameras?

Does it matter if there is a human sitting in the cockpit looking for this guy with a thermal camera, or if he is sitting back at a base looking for him with a thermal camera?


Some of you are way too paranoid.



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The Government knows best, stop making mountains out of molehills.




posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by ThinkingCap
 


Your title and comments suggest that the drones being used are being used to hunt him down and kill him....that is not true.

These are "drones", remote controlled aircraft, with cameras on them...to LOCATE him.


They aren't sending out the predator drones to fire missles at him.


Do you think you can tone down the drama???


My title does not suggest anywhere that they are going to bomb him with a military drone.
Not sure where you read that.

And once again, the usage of this sets a major precedent. It's the excuse they've needed. The drones have been sitting there, with no one to pilot for quite some time now.

"They aren't sending out the predator drones to fire missles at him." --- Who's being dramatic here?



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Whatever happened to the good old days of using the brain, looking for clues, and actually tracking a man. That drone's not going to be able to get inside buildings or ask people questions on his whereabouts. I hope they never find the guy, and live in fear everyday of their lives.


LAZINESS REIGNS SUPREME.


America.



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
yeah survelance, they were all to be used for survalence once upon a time, in all the countries the US uses them illegally..like pakistan...


But when it was down to three seconds, a child suddenly walked around the corner.

The next thing he saw was a flash on the screen - the explosion. The building collapsed, and the child disappeared.

Bryant had a sick feeling in his stomach, he told the website.

'Did we just kill a kid?' he asked the pilot next to him.

'Yeah, I guess that was a kid,' the man replied.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

coming soon to a theater (of war) near you...

A thread about american troops firing on americans historically
www.abovetopsecret.com...



edit on 10-2-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-2-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap
 



My title does not suggest anywhere that they are going to bomb him with a military drone.
Not sure where you read that.


Yeah..."Human Target" doesn't suggest anything




And once again, the usage of this sets a major precedent. It's the excuse they've needed. The drones have been sitting there, with no one to pilot for quite some time now.


What precedent? Camera drones have already been used.

What is your irrational fear of a camera attached to a remote controlled helicopter? How is it any different than an actual helicopter with the same equipment?



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by phantomjack

I dont know. Something just doesn't seem right with the manifesto.


Which version? I have now read at least 3 different versions of the manifesto with additions and omissions. I really hope the drone they do use is just a surveillance drone, and not a militarized armed version. If they kill him via drone strike all hell will break loose.


The Police do not have a weaponized drone that can kill anything..

www.psmag.com...

Bean bags and tasers is all they have for now.....


The bean bag and tasers version is all they have divulged that they have. If they exist then it is likely that they have them, just like some police forces have tanks. Tanks are for military use, but yet some police forces still have them.



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by phantomjack
 


The vast majority of the public doesn't know about his "manifesto", they are being told that Donner=evil, Charlie Manson-type evil. The standard 10% of the public will be aware of some of his stated reasons for doing whatever it is he's doing. But this is the drone thread, so a question. Would the drone looking for heat signatures actually work better at night, because of the dark/light contrast?

Plus I wonder if he's factored this in to his plans. If so, and he is out there and has dug a pit, will his heat signature be seen through the ground?
edit on 10-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

He may have a Mylar-lined blanket.

That has been found to be effective for covering heat signatures.



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen
 


Very interesting link, I was digging for a fact check, you found the best article on it by far.

Sounds pretty ridiculous of a situation, a standoff over 3,000 cattle... They deployed a drone to make sure he didn't escape his own property.

This is a bit different however, an alleged murderer on the run, demanding justice or blood. (Sensational much?)

What it will come down to, the ultimate upcoming argument, is "what warrants drone surveillance" -- this debate will be beaten into the dirt, until enough talking points have been puked out by the media until everyone is complete desensitized to this overuse of enforcement.

Though I doubt this drone will be equipped with lasers just yet, it is a much more offensive application of these drones.



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by ThinkingCap
 


Your title and comments suggest that the drones being used are being used to hunt him down and kill him....that is not true.

These are "drones", remote controlled aircraft, with cameras on them...to LOCATE him.


They aren't sending out the predator drones to fire missles at him.


Do you think you can tone down the drama???


And where did they exclusively state that option was not on the table? Oh, that's right, they didn't because they said "all options are being considered".



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Welcome to 1984. This will be "double ungood".



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by baddmove

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by phantomjack

I dont know. Something just doesn't seem right with the manifesto.


Which version? I have now read at least 3 different versions of the manifesto with additions and omissions. I really hope the drone they do use is just a surveillance drone, and not a militarized armed version. If they kill him via drone strike all hell will break loose.


The Police do not have a weaponized drone that can kill anything..

www.psmag.com...

Bean bags and tasers is all they have for now.....


The bean bag and tasers version is all they have divulged that they have. If they exist then it is likely that they have them, just like some police forces have tanks. Tanks are for military use, but yet some police forces still have them.



And, the article about the Tazers and bean-bags was from over a year ago...I'm sure, technology withstanding, we have come leaps and bounds, by today's standards...

I forsee that, IF they locate him with the police drone, and the coordinates are radioed back to the command center, there might be a federal agency or two, listening in. What stops them from authorizing a predator strike, at that point?



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Those drones look like they would be pretty good target practice for anyone with a gun.



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex
 


Human target implies that he is A) A human and B) A target... It's about as general a statement as it gets.

And secondly, I am not afraid of this, I believe it's more important to be aware and cautious - don't you?

The difference between an infrared monitor drone and a helicopter is that one costs much less to keep in the air.
I for one have strong feelings about this, because I expect them to be using these remote control toys to do future policing.

Hope this helps you understand where I'm coming from.





new topics
top topics
 
61
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join