It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Dorner Manhunt : Bringin' Out the Drones

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

The accuser is the police department issuing the ticket from the red light camera.

You are free to go face them in court for a red light ticket if you want to.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by Honor93

machines nor officers enforce the law.
they occasionally capture law-breakers, that's all.

as it is the right of the accused to confront their accuser ... how does one cross-examine a machine ??

You do know that these are human controlled drones that have cameras that record everything.

These aren't AI robots that are out arresting people.

Scary how mis-informed some people are.

Hardly covers red light cameras.

Do they have humans monitoring those?

Considering the point of their existence was to free up officers to do other things (stop speeders.. collect revenue) I find it hard to believe.

A municipality near me bought some of those cameras... they have been turned off. Why? Malfunctions and the fact that most mediocre lawyers can beat them in court.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The accuser is the police department issuing the ticket from the red light camera.

You are free to go face them in court for a red light ticket if you want to.

So the officer testifying actually saw the accused go through a red light?

No?

See how easy that is?
ETA: Here is a link about red light cameras in New Jersey....

Class Action Suit settled
edit on 10-2-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by SpaDe_

If you deal in facts then you would know that "all options are being considered" means exactly that. Not only that I never said they would arm them with nukes, because that is not what they use in strikes anyhow.

Hey...all options...right?

And the only thing police drones are used for are for cameras.

These aren't US Military drones.

Seriously, get your facts straight.

Please show me where they exclusively state they will only be using police drones with cameras. I would really like to read over this information, so if you could just post a link to it that would be great. Or is it just your opinion that is all they will use? Need some clarification here since you deal strictly in facts. Thanks in advance!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Do all of you have a problem with the helicopters that are currently out there with the exact same cameras?

Does it matter if there is a human sitting in the cockpit looking for this guy with a thermal camera, or if he is sitting back at a base looking for him with a thermal camera?

Some of you are way too paranoid.

How many surveillance cameras is enough? How many surveillance drones will be enough? Who has to pay for these? Will the U.S. soon look like the U.K. with citizens living in a fish bowl and the War on Privacy having succeeded? Look at what has happend in just the last 20 years. Does anyone in their right mind really wish those who claim they can kill you without ANY proof to have these??? And they now have your GPS coordinates. Is that Orwellian or what? Weaken and disarm the citizens of their Liberty and Privacy more and more every day while ever more arming The State and it's cronies and those who suck off the system with more and more power. Isn't that the Marxist goal? Where does it end?
edit on 10-2-2013 by Tecumte because: sp.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

A municipality near me bought some of those cameras... they have been turned off. Why? Malfunctions and the fact that most mediocre lawyers can beat them in court.

Guess that town bought really cheap and crappy red light cameras.

Where I live, they are all over the place and work fine. I've gotten a ticket...because I did run a red light, saw the flash, cused, and expected the ticket.

And everyone knows you just pay it because no one can beat red light tickets in court because it has a pic of your car in the intersection with a clear view of the red light.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

See my edit to my post above.

Then google search this.... 'red light camera ticket'. They are easy to beat.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

There is a picture of your car and the red light.

So do you think people who are caught on camera robbing a bank shouldn't be able to be charged because a police officer didn't actually see them do it?

Your argument is very weak. Let's get back to drones, do you have a problem with police helicopters? If not, then why drones?

Each person who got a ticket got $6, not because they didn't deserve the ticket...but because the lights weren't "officially certified"...sounds like a bunch of people whining that they got caught and trying to get off on a technicallity. They still paid the grand majority of their tickets, they weren't thrown out.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

See my edit to my post above.

Then google search this.... 'red light camera ticket'. They are easy to beat.

That class action lawsuit link you posted isn't of people "beating" the ticket...they all still had to pay their tickets.

They got a partial refund...of SIX DOLLARS...because the lights were "officially certified".

No, they aren't easy to beat in court...I googled...only "internet lawyer advice" that would most likely get you laughed at if you really tried to use in a court.

Again....your arguments are weak and flawed.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

From the OPs article.

A senior police source said: “The thermal imaging cameras the drones use may be our only hope of finding him. On the ground, it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack.”

Like I said, I deal in facts...not paranoid speculation.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Red light cameras also didn't see the guy kill the cops daughter. But they were in an enclosed security area with fences and gates and security cameras.

She was killed in the car, with cameras everywhere, so where is the footage of him at the scene of the murder? Since they want to bombard us with all of this proof of his guilt, why not show him leaving the scene of the crime, committing the crime, or placing him there at all?

Why would he leave the scene of a murder then go check into a hotel for two days under his own name waiting for the police? The police that didn't come?

Instead, they begin a manhunt, throwing out this alleged "manifesto". No proof he wrote it, someone says there are 3 different versions depending which media outlet published it. I guess it depends which agenda they wish to pursue.

Then come the drones.

Then an alleged fax Dorner sent to a media outlet claiming he was on vacation when all of this happened, and he discovered he was the target of a manhunt.

Who will you believe? Why? Most of all, why does anyone think it is ok he should not have his day in court?

All the alleged recording drones will do is record his execution, suicide by cop, right? Then release the security cam footage placing him at the scene of the daughters murder.

edit on 10-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

link   

Yes, a whole list of municipalities in New Jersey bought 'cheap, crappy cameras'.

You sit on a jury and look at security camera footage from a bank holdup and that is your only evidence... you will convict?
Not good, not good.

link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Will the U.S. soon look like the U.K.

We can only hope.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Yes, a whole list of municipalities in New Jersey bought 'cheap, crappy cameras'.

You sit on a jury and look at security camera footage from a bank holdup and that is your only evidence... you will convict?
Not good, not good.

Your class action lawsuit doesn't dismiss red light cameras, only that the lights weren't "officially certified".

The people didn't get "beat" their tickets either.

And yes, if I am on a jury I consider video tape and pictures to be some of the best evidence that can be provided.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Only those who have something to hide are afraid of more drones in the sky. This is good news for all. We need more drones if anything. Too many crazies in this world. The military needs to monitor these people more. I feel a lot safer knowing drones are watching out for me. If you don't like it, you either are a criminal, were a criminal, want to be a criminal, or are harboring a criminal. And you need to be stopped, and hopefully the drones will stop you

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

reply to post by SpaDe_

From the OPs article.

A senior police source said: “The thermal imaging cameras the drones use may be our only hope of finding him. On the ground, it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack.”

That's hilarious because this is also from the OP's article.

Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz, who is jointly leading the task force, said: “We are using all the tools at our disposal.”

Seems you don't just deal in facts, but you also dabble in opinion as well. Keep on keeping on!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

There is a picture of your car and the red light.

So do you think people who are caught on camera robbing a bank shouldn't be able to be charged because a police officer didn't actually see them do it?

Your argument is very weak. Let's get back to drones, do you have a problem with police helicopters? If not, then why drones?

Each person who got a ticket got $6, not because they didn't deserve the ticket...but because the lights weren't "officially certified"...sounds like a bunch of people whining that they got caught and trying to get off on a technicallity. They still paid the grand majority of their tickets, they weren't thrown out.

Actually in some localities red light cameras have been successfully challenged because the CRIMINAL companies that were running the RACKET were caught engaging/conspiring with other criminals in gov. to set the times so low in switching the lights that it bordered on entrapment. They weren't there to make anyone 'safer'. They were there as a revenue buidling RACKET. And in the U.K. I see where 'gatsos' are being torched with burning tires. I didn't think those Brits still had it in them.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Tecumte

Will the U.S. soon look like the U.K.

We can only hope.

I liked America the way it was....

If there was a thumbs down next to the stars.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

reply to post by SpaDe_

From the OPs article.

That's hilarious because this is also from the OP's article.

Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz, who is jointly leading the task force, said: “We are using all the tools at our disposal.”

Seems you don't just deal in facts, but you also dabble in opinion as well. Keep on keeping on!

And does the Riverside Police department have predator drones armed with missles???

Didn't think so. This isn't my opinion...they said they are using drones with thermal cameras to search for him...that's it. Anything else is pure speculation on your part. Claiming they are going to strike at him with armed drones is pure paranoid fantasy speculation since police departments don't even have those.

And yes, I will still continue to deal with facts...not paranoid speculation.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I liked America the way it was....

If there was a thumbs down next to the stars.

I like that America can change so it can evolve with society and technology.

I am so very glad America is not how it "was"....and I'm even happier that it will continue to move further and further from where it "was".

It's cure that you like your stars so much.
edit on 10-2-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join