It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Dorner Manhunt : Bringin' Out the Drones

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hello ATS.
This just came to my attention, and I could not find a thread regarding the usage of drones to find Ex-Officer Dorner.
I see some deep irony here.
We have a man who, allegedly, has gone on a vengeful rampage against the police force who fired him because he blew the whistle on police-abuse-of-force.
And their answer is to pull out the drones.

"It was revealed that Dorner has become the first human target for remotely-controlled airborne drones on US soil.

A senior police source said: “The thermal imaging cameras the drones use may be our only hope of finding him. On the ground, it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack.”

Asked directly if drones have already been deployed, Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz, who is jointly leading the task force, said: “We are using all the tools at our disposal.”

Attack of the Drones

Now the question I ask, when he has been caught/given a Muslim burial (killed and thrown into the ocean)
Do you really think that the drones will just go away?
Feel safer yet?
edit on 10-2-2013 by ThinkingCap because: TITLE CHANGED FOR ACCURACY

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Whole thing is ridiculous. Does the US pull out the drones for every suspected murderer on the run now?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I forsee our country being covered in drones, by the end of this current president's term.

It's kind of a big deal.

Oh, but only if you have something to hide of course.
I for one feel much more safe knowing these honest policy enforcers will have the means to arrest the bad guys from the air.

edit on 10-2-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Scary stuff.

If they whack him with a missile, we will surely not stand for that... will we?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

It reads as if they're just going to use the thermal imaging, I don't think they'd go as far as droning him. It will pinpoint a location and then the swat teams will converge. He's likely long gone from those mountains though.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

The point is not that they are going to pull a Pakistan on the town he's hiding in.

The point is, is that this sets a major precedent for future usage of this technology; of which is draconian in it's very nature.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I guess that from a purely technocratic viewpoint they would as well have had an extra helicopter or two in the air with the thermal cameras doing overtime if it had been as cost-effective as drones.

I do get what you are after though. The drones have become symbols of a kind of clandestine warfare that has very little support among the public (of both the US and the world). It gets a little "Rise of the Machines" all of a sudden.

For me personally, I plunge through the philosophical domains at free-fall speed: are they deploying their arsenal on us out of fear? What are they afraid of? What are they defending? Why do they need to defend it? Why is my head spinning out of control?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It's been three years since we first heard about DARPA's ARGUS-IS, but thanks to a PBS Nova special entitled "Rise of the Drones," we finally have more information about the 1.8-gigapixel camera that is supposedly the highest-resolution surveillance system in the world. The documentary showed video footage of the imaging system in action, though the camera itself remains shrouded in mystery for security reasons. Designed to be used withUAVs like thePredator, the ARGUS-IS (which stands for Autonomous Real-time Ground Ubiquitous Surveillance - Imaging System) can spot a six-inch object within a ten square mile radius from 20,000 feet in the air. As shown in the clip after the break, the high-res cam doesn't quite reveal facial features, but you can spot details like a bird flying around a building and the color of someone's clothes.

www.digitalreviews.net...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is a Police Drone..

Pretty hard to kill someone with it short of running in to them at full speed..

But I hear what you are saying..

Last thing i want to see is the skies full of these..
edit on 10-2-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well, the elites needed their justification for this...now they got it.
Pretty soon, it will be commonplace under the guise of "safety".
Then it will be for traffic tickets.
Amerika needs its funding.

Then:
The public will just sit back and watch it unfold.
From their couch and television stand.

Just return to your scheduled programmed people.
Nothing to see here.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
This is a Police Drone..

One word.

Birdshot.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yep, we're all gonna be much safer pretty soon... Just relax, it won't hurt a bit...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Say goodbye to high speed chases on the news.

We will be treated to televised drone strikes on the terrorists that try to run from a cop.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by Aleister

The point is not that they are going to pull a Pakistan on the town he's hiding in.

The point is, is that this sets a major precedent for future usage of this technology; of which is draconian in it's very nature.

Of course, I know that. Yet they've got these things flying around, and at some point someone was going to be demonized enough to use it. If this guy is in the mountains or not - and they may even know he's not there but are using his demonization as an excuse to use the drone on behalf of the "good guys" - at some point this was inevitable. And no politican of any consequence will object (Dennis Kucinich, where did you go when we need you? Oh, yeah, FOX News, sigh) as the wheel turns another notch in favor of control freaks using high-tech tools..

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
...And so it begins.

Unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So let me throw this out there.

Is this a false flag event for the government to deploy the drones? Was the "manifesto" written by Dorner or by the government to stoke the flames of racism? To stoke the flames of the anti-gun movement?

I dont know. Something just doesn't seem right with the manifesto.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

Sacrifice freedom for security- old equation. Kinda sucks though when you get born into the system that has already been going on for ages... Worse still when the system seems to have backfired, horribly even.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Which version? I have now read at least 3 different versions of the manifesto with additions and omissions. I really hope the drone they do use is just a surveillance drone, and not a militarized armed version. If they kill him via drone strike all hell will break loose.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by phantomjack

Which version? I have now read at least 3 different versions of the manifesto with additions and omissions. I really hope the drone they do use is just a surveillance drone, and not a militarized armed version. If they kill him via drone strike all hell will break loose.

The Police do not have a weaponized drone that can kill anything..

www.psmag.com...

Bean bags and tasers is all they have for now.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join