It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Magical Battle for Britain' during WW2 and how the witches of Britain fought the Nazis.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
You bring to my mind Franz Bardon, who had a horrid time with the Nazis.

His book Frabato the magician, some say, was autobiographical. One thing I never hear much about is the tapaphone that he mentions being used to kill by dark magicians of his time.

I have his plans for those but have never felt the desire to build one.

He was not involved in the D. Fortune meditations but he was interesting and had his own wwIi drama.

There are still groups of practicing witches that engage in rituals for this or that. When Issac Bonewits died a rolling thunder healing was attempted but i do think it was too late, he died very soon afterwards.

Another witch found himself crippled suddenly with some disorder of the spine. I will not name him, but one was done with participants in each timezone. His problem reversed itself soon.

The last i knowf was one done by volunteers during the driest of the Ga drought. It rained the first time, a bit, the next a few days with good rains coming that next week.Christians made the paper for their prayer efforts which were a few days later.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dagann
reply to post by Hijinx

well now...let me see...hmmmm...if i'm not wrong i believe it was the European countries who saddled Germany with all the costs of WW-1 and by being so greedy created the hatred that produced Hitler. Also your intelligence agencies were knowledgeable of Germany's rearmament and sat idle even after Hitler invaded Austria and Czechoslovakia. He trampled the Treaty of Versailles and Neville Chamberlain head was so far up his arse that he was unaware he'd been scammed. Yeah...by the time the Brits and the French woke to the wolf at their door it was too late to cage the beast. Hell...even members of your monarchy who wed into their German counterparts was involved in treason as the flight of Hess clearly illustrates. You got your "Johnson" slammed into the door jam and "needed" America to clean up your mess. Not only did we save Europe but we rebuilt it as well.
Also...lets not forget that it was the British who authorized the State of Israel and by doing so created the quagmire in the middle east we see today. Thank you but please don't do any more favors.

I am copying my last post again because apparently some people just have NO RESPECT for the OP :

Hi all,

Although i posted on this thread too to try and calm things down by explaining some facts, may i suggest that certain posters on this thread stop bickering with each other and have a little respect for the OP who went into great lengths to write a thouroughly interesting thread?

If you wish to start off a Brit Vs USA thread start a new one up somewhere else please! but at least have a little decency, respect and thought for the person and people who want to talk about the topic in hand which isn't about National EGOS but about witches and the battle of Britain.

Many kindest respects to all

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I agree. My first post concerned the topic at hand. Only after reading a few anti-American comments did i decide to "add" a few facts to those who posted otherwise. As i stated earlier that from what i know of Crowley, at his age during the years of 39 thru 45 along with being a heroin addict and living off the charity of his friends, it would seem he would not be in a position to assist in such a noble cause. Personally i do not believe the British govt. would give him the time of day. All this talk he was a white witch who refused black magick is hogwash. To say otherwise is to paint him as being some kind of noble creature with high ideals. The truth is he was a despicable pervert addicted to narcotics and fathered too many unwanted children after destroying their mothers. A British asset?...i think not.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

I think Crowley died before the war ended,

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dagann

did he - I am going to have to go back and read that article then..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Perhaps you should not post untrue American propaganda then? What you say is skewed and riddled with inadequacies. And you have the gaul to call others out? I do agree we need to get back to topic, but jeez - you do your countrymen no favours with your behavior.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Thank you and I agree alot of really interesting posts are being lost in the 'chatter'..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dagann
reply to post by Rodinus

I agree. My first post concerned the topic at hand. Only after reading a few anti-American comments did i decide to "add" a few facts to those who posted otherwise. As i stated earlier that from what i know of Crowley, at his age during the years of 39 thru 45 along with being a heroin addict and living off the charity of his friends, it would seem he would not be in a position to assist in such a noble cause. Personally i do not believe the British govt. would give him the time of day. All this talk he was a white witch who refused black magick is hogwash. To say otherwise is to paint him as being some kind of noble creature with high ideals. The truth is he was a despicable pervert addicted to narcotics and fathered too many unwanted children after destroying their mothers. A British asset?...i think not.

fair enough - i do not really know much about him, just what I have seen over the years.
I am definitely not trying to paint him as a noble creature.
I know that i would not want to live now in any house that he had previously lived in - note the one at Loch Ness - that is allegedly a portal for all sorts of nasty beings now. Thanks to his many rituals. Well that is the rumour. I do not know if it is true.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

Hi Nothing,

Erm, have you actually taken your time to read MY posts, if you have may i suggest that you do so and then P2P me if you have an issue or see that i have written "propaganda" as i don't want to spoil this great thread by bickering.

I think you might be mistaking me for another poster

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 11-2-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Oh yes I quite agree - paganism is alive and well. You only have to look at the old churches with their goblins and green men. I grew up in a village half of which was Sussex and the other half hants - it is surely a magical part of the world. I wish i still lived there.

*yeay* waves from the top of the Downs..

Anyway, just been thinking this through and If Crowley was employed by the Secret Services during WW2, it would (at best guess) have been with Mi9A..

Mi9 was split into 2 distinct groups, and we predominantly know of MI9 (separate from Mi9A) as the department that used stage magicians, escapologists, conjurers to design and create all the escape aids given to POWs/Resistance fighters for escape and evasion..

But dig a little deeper and you'll find "A force" or "Mi9A" who employed magicians for deception, creating fake air fields, fake armies, fake towns to deceive the Germans etc. they where more active in combating Germany by deception and more.

Of the 2, Mi9A is harder to pin down, more myth than real knowledge of their activities, which is why I find them interesting, and thus there has always been in my mind scope for Mi9A to be more than the claimed stage trickery..

I have always thought that "A Force" was more a mixture of the stage and the occult, especially given that the occult of the age was related more to the stage than they are now, the two where at that time inextricably linked in peoples minds so it would be logical to tie both together in one organisation.

One supposed trick to impress senior officers of the abilities of Mi9A was to create the illusion that the German pocket battleship the Admiral Graff Spee was sailing up the Thames.. Another was making Alexandria harbour vanish, which was supposed to have been carried out to hide the whole of Alexandria from German bombers.

So if there was a department that Crowley would fit in, it would in my mind be Mi9A, what is interesting about Mi9A and the magic/illusions/tricks they created is that most are attributed to one stage magician, Jasper Maskelyne, a stage magician that everyone seems to agree 100% couldn't have carried out any of the illusions attributed to him, nor anyone around to confirm the methods they used to hide Alexandria from German bombers.

So that always leaves a few question in my mind, if he didn't. who did? and if there is no evidence of the usual camouflage tricks used, what was used? real magic? I know some sceptics will say nothing was used, which is a fair enough response, but we have plenty of evidence of how the other fakes/tricks where carried out, and while we can assume the same tricks where used there are few incidents that are still anomalies.

I guess we will never know more than we do right now, but it is an interesting topic.. hope I have added a little to your investigation.. and perhaps an avenue to search

For those Britons old enough to remember him on TV, the comedian Michael Bentine (of the Goons Show) was part of Mi9, he also had a family interest in parapsychology, and was the President of the Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena, of which Bob Rickard (founder of "Fortean Times") is a founding member.

That just shows that there are links between parapsychology and British Secret Services at the time the OP refers to.

Take it a little further and to look at Bentine, now a civilian, he saw the need for this country to create a counter-terrorist team to fight fire with fire, and it was his persistence and advice that led to the creation of the Counter-Terrorist Unit of the SAS..

Under what circumstances can you imagine a civilian, parapsychologist and Goon show comedian impressing senior members of the SAS so much that they started a counter terrorist unit before any one else?

His direct superior at Mi9 was Airey Neave was part of the prosecution at the Nuremberg trials, it is reported that he claimed a large proportion of the Nazi occult material was withheld during the trials.

So I wonder if any of that evidence withheld at the Nuremberg trials point to anything that could substantiate the claims made in the op?

I guess we will never know, but it is a tantalising thought that the evidence to prove this battle one way or the other could be out there..
edit on 11/2/13 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This Title is the LGBTs of them all...

for everyone else, this tittle is way gay, my gay friends say that too. I was just dared to do it, sadly i wrote that so all you pansy people out there see that politicly correct is just you the racist and the gay haters.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

Hmmm.. long time that a troll hasn't been around these parts methinks?

Go watch the Telly Tubbies or try to grow up please?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by Hijinx

Fact 1: If the European countries had done more to stop Germany sooner like telling Hitler..... "ya'll ain't suppose to be in the Rhineland so get back over yonder...." Or even mobalized as soon as he went after Poland... etc.

Fact 2: England was on her knees. No shame in that, she fought bravely and would have fought, I am sure, untill the last.

Fact 3: Many American pilots fought in the Battle of Britain.

Fact 4: Gas, Beans and Bullets that England was running very low on came from the US. Way before we entered the war.

Fact 5: If Hitler had not turned on the Russians, which gave England the break she badly needed. America would have had to invade different beaches (just imagine that logistical nightmare) and do it all alone to save England. I am sure we would have done it anyway. We are kind of fond of her, good o'l England.

edit on 10-2-2013 by murphy22 because: spelling

edit on 10-2-2013 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

Can you give some details for fact 3 please? Not here to start an argument, but if any American pilots did fight in the Battle of Britain, they didn't do so under the American flag.

ETA - no worries, I see further posts have covered this
edit on 11-2-2013 by something wicked because: see ETA in the post

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

Can someone get some real figures from an MOD type source ??? So they are at least incontrovertible
reply to post by HelenConway

Here's the post you jumped in on.

I included all mentions of American and British troops up until 1942, just to point out they were not involved in the BoB. Which was the claim I was refuting

My reply was that yes there were americans at the B.O.B.Here is your reply.

Can someone get some real figures from an MOD type source ??? So they are at least incontrovertible

Beside jumping in on a reply not directly related in your thread (look at your reply you tried to take a high road).

You did what I said you would and minimized these brave man some of whom DIED for your country.That was a really awlful thing to do.

edit on 10-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

I respect your post but you are really missing what is being said. North America as a country was not involved at that point in time - that is a fact. If a number of Americans volunteered, presumably of their own free will to fight under the flag of a different country, which is the case here, then all respect and Kudos to them. That is not being denied. What you appear to have a problem with is the statement that America itself did not appear to sanction this as at the point they were not involved in the war.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Addit: Oh I see you are replying to mcgillycutty - thanks for that - it wa sgetting tiresome

No what i have a problem with is mcgillycutty claiming that Amerca fought in the battle of Britain.
Some brave individuals from America who joined the RAF do NOT constitute or represent the American State.

He seemd to have a problem understanding that. I also take issue with the 'the good ole USA saved your ass' attitude.

But no matter I think this has been covered to death and thank goodness for the many knowledgable posters who posted the facts .

edit on 11-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

i am old enough

I read Michael B's autobiography too - apparently his son was killed in an aircrash - he warned him not to fly because he had had a premonition - but against his father's advice he flew on that fateful day and crashed.

Michael bentine was a pilot or in Bomber Command in WW2 - he said that he could tell who was going to die and who would not survice the missions, and not return.

He said he saw their faces turn to skeletons, prior to their missions.

he was very psychic.
edit on 11-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

And he went straight into the Secret Services after his near near death experience.. An interesting jump, the reason I understand he went into the Secret Services was because the incident affected his eyesight which removed his chance of being a pilot yet he was still had good enough eyesight to be a world class marksman.

That has never quite added up to me..

Taking a step sideways, when you look at the types of people they picked up for Ultra.. Pyjama wearing cat walking eccentrics defend these isles in there own way (Ultra is said to have shortened the war by about 2 years), it is certainly within the realms of probability they approached those within the paranormal realm to also defend these Isles in their own way.

While we know they had magicians, illusionists, escapologists and conjurers, it is harder to prove they took the next step into the occult except in a few instances, but it is logical they did...

I would love to see more evidence of this.. but I suspect that is one area that'll remain a mystery, for the time being at least.. who know what the future will bring.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

well there are quite alot of books ..
Dion Fortune wrote the book ' the magical battle for Britain'
Michael Bentine's AB is interesting - if you Amazon the subject there is alot of literature but unfortunately, there is no easy access to this info, as far as I can tell, on the web.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I read a book on this many years ago and found it extremely interesting after reading an article on some the old warriors of the orient defeating their opponents spiritually before going into battle.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Have you been watching Bedknobs and Broomsticks again? :-)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join