It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans kill animals then they eat them(true story)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
We know that wolves and cougers must kill and eat an animal they capture. Also, I asked my mother, where her father got meat from, and she said he went out and shot a deer.
My problem is factory farms. Those are just wrong wrong wrong. In my state, they managed to bribe the crooked greedy politicians to try and establish that secret humane filmers, are terrorists.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What a ridiculous thread to start. Thanks for making everyone realize that most humans eat meat. What a shocking discovery you have made!!! I doubt I'll be able to fall asleep tonight because my mind will be racing with this captivating subject. Now pardon me while I go flip the juicy burgers on my grill.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

Man! There's nothing that bothers me more than outspoken Vegans and Vegetarians...Oh! don't eat the poor cute little animals!

Give me a break!

I'll pretty much eat any kind dead animal at least once, if it is prepared. More if I like it. Hell, I've eaten raw unseasoned beef. Not bad, but I prefer mine medium rare.

Humans are omnivores. Which means meat is part of our natural diet. To not eat meat is just bizarre. It's not human.

edit on 5-2-2013 by Darkmask because: spelling

edit on 5-2-2013 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

It's not human.

Now we are not human.

Do you have a classification for us or do we get to choose our own?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn

Did you know that human beings actually KILL other animals to EAT them ? Don't you find that disgusting ? They even have built factories to INDUSTRIALISE the process of killing the other sentient animals and chop them in small portions that they pack in plastic. WOW. At first I didn't want to believe it but I have seen the proofs. It's 100% true. They eat dead corpses of animals that are made of exactly the same stuff as them, and almost every human being find that this is totally normal. They even encourage their own LITTLE CHILDREN to eat dead corpses of other sentient beings, imagine that... I mean, what do they have in mind ?? Can't they just think for one second ? I am truly out of words..

So, are you saying we should eat them while they're still alive?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Good grief people! They say red meat eaters are aggressive!! I honestly thought the OP was being sarcastic.. Since when did vegetarians claim the high holy moral ground? YOU act worse than any religious group out there.. My gosh! Have you read the reply's and attitudes? I'm ashamed and embarrassed.. Hopefully some visitor doesn't judge the ATS community based off of some of the responses..

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

YOU act worse than any religious group out there..

Damned them moral high horse veggie-killers and their wide-spread door knocking practices, and their preaching about how us meat-eaters are going to burn in hell for all of time. Yeah worse for sure.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by HooHaa

YOU act worse than any religious group out there..

Damned them moral high horse veggie-killers and their wide-spread door knocking practices, and their preaching about how us meat-eaters are going to burn in hell for all of time. Yeah worse for sure.

Yes! Broccoli has feelings too you know!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

Yes! Broccoli has feelings too you know!

No doubt if I had the same amount of feelings as the broccoli I would hold a different position

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I enjoy my Bacon Cheese Burger and my Baby Back Ribs
, I need my meat

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
If you want to eat, and therefore live, without the guilt of killing other life, you would have to eat only fruits, nuts and seeds, and leaves harvested without killing the plants. Also possible would be any kind of eggs, milk products, honey, and other products that don't end the life of the providing life form. Roots and tubers, like potatoes, would be out as the plant would have to die to provide the roots.

It is possible to live without taking life, but you, yourself, are the product of thousands of generations of your ancestors who killed on a daily basis to ultimately make you. This is a huge debt of life you can never pay back and so the guilt would still persist.

Why do you assume that a person would have guilt for killing a life for food? I find that to be a narrow-minded statement. How do you know you don't end the life of an insect, for example, by harvesting your fruits, nuts, seeds, and leaves? I don't think anyone can truly know that information. I bring this up to make a point. I have met a few vegetarians. I have witnessed them speak passionately about saving the life of animals while squashing a roach underfoot. I ask them why they did so. I usually get a blank stare. No one cares about the ugly, crawly, biting, living insects.

I call it save-them-if-they-are-cute syndrome.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
WHAT?...How long has this been going on for?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Vegetarian Diet and B12 Deficiency

Nature is nature. Things kill each other. Do you hate nature?

I am an omnivore, I like my bit of dead flesh along with fruit and tasty plants. I am bored of vegetarians, they are as irritating in their own way as new born atheists, low IQ religious evangelicals and all the other 'listen to me I've though of something the rest of you figured out and moved on from as teenagers brigade'.

You invite people for food. Some irritating whining veggie shows up. You've gone to the inconvenience of making something for them and they still bleat on about not liking tomatoes or macaroni cheese . Get out of my house.....I stopped tolerating them 15 years ago. People need to stop being overly considerate to the washed up refuse of derranged 19th century and 60s drug induced movements and square this crud away. You are slowly dying of lack B12 or you are taking artificial supliments to live. You are wealthy and can fund your fad diet.

Nature is cool. I have killed animals and eaten them after. Big deal. I did not grow up in a false sterile urban land of middle class make believe.

South park says it all. The OP sounds very strange and should be rushed to hospital for an immediate beef steak and eggs before the B12 fatigue destroys all reasoning ability.

Go ahead and starve yourself. Hawks will kill rabbits. What will you do - feed them tomatoes?

Your post was not some wonderful and insightful outpouring. It reminded me of the same nonsensical new age junk about transition into a new dimension and a new age of spiritual awarenesss that the nibrutards latched onto when their evil golf ball never materialised.

When will western civilisation grow a pair of balls again and start saying 'do as you wish but you are fools and we are not obliged to cater to you or be polite'.

Anyone who stops their kids eating a bit of meat or eggs is a child abuser.
edit on 5-2-2013 by OldestLurker because: typo

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OldestLurker

I am not going to bother with the absurdity and generalizations of your post, but something had to be addressed.

You are slowly dying of lack B12 or you are taking artificial supliments to live.

B12 deficiency is not very common in the vegetarian population in whole. It is a concern of veganism. Veganism takes careful planing and consideration. Outside of veganism, vegetarians get b12 from various food sources...

I literally just got back with results showing I was not deficient in b12! I am on year 9 of vegetarianism. Looks like I am not "dying" from b12 deficiency as you say. I was lacking in vitamin D but we determined it was most likely just a lack of sunlight (winter).

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Oooooh. So you mean vegetarians aren't murderers at all. Plants ain't alive, let's eat 'em all we want.

Sarcasm aside this thread is ridiculous. As long as it's not cannibalism, I see nothing wrong with non vegetarianism.

What's next? Arrest all the meat eaters? Ban chicken/beef/pork?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Your disgust is actually directed at life itself.

Because even if humans cease to eat other animals, all of the other living beings will continue to pray on, and eat each other alive, tearing each other into little bits.

This happens supposedly on a massive scale. Imagine just the number of insects that tear and eat each other alive in just one day - in the trillions, I would imagine. And in the animal kingdom; how many pray and eat other alive each day. It is brutal.

When you are faced with death, or a close person dies, it is a tragedy, however it is hard to imagine that an unfathomable number of beings face this tragedy each day.

Life is continuous factory of tragedies and death, in addition to whatever pleasantries one may find in it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
To quote from the article linked to in my post above which you clearly did not read:

"Researchers have long known that a strict vegetarian diet -- one that excludes all animal products -- can lead to vitamin B-12 deficiency, and possibly heart disease. Now, new research suggests that even those who follow a more lenient vegetarian diet are also at risk.

In the July issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, German researchers tracked 174 apparently healthy people living in Germany and the Netherlands.

They found that 92% of the vegans they studied -- those who ate the strictest vegetarian diet, which shuns all animal products, including milk and eggs -- had vitamin B12 deficiency. But two in three people who followed a vegetarian diet that included milk and eggs as their only animal foods also were deficient. Only 5% of those who consumed meats had vitamin B12 deficiency.

Now tell me if this is not an issue why you even needed to test yourself for it?

It's a middle class urban background conscience salve for those who are wealthy enough to play and the most disturbing aspect is not that you do it but that you wish to ram the ill conceived and ethically immature concept down the down the rest of humanitys necks. Do what you want by all means - to your own body. No one else wants to know or - get this- subscribed to your ethical viewpoint. You hate meat being eaten - you hate nature.

Simple as.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
reply to post by gosseyn

Man! There's nothing that bothers me more than outspoken Vegans and Vegetarians...Oh! don't eat the poor cute little animals!

Ever wonder *why* it bothers you so much?

Give me a break!

I'll pretty much eat any kind dead animal at least once, if it is prepared. More if I like it. Hell, I've eaten raw unseasoned beef. Not bad, but I prefer mine medium rare.

Spoken like a true, outspoken meat eater.

Humans are omnivores. Which means meat is part of our natural diet. To not eat meat is just bizarre. It's not human.

There is not a single essential nutrient found in meat that cannot be *easily, cheaply and readily* obtained in plant foods. So no, humans are not quite omnivores. Some people just choose to live that way. It has nothing to do with being "natural".

edit on 5-2-2013 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

I really don't see why people have to get so emotional about this issue. Most of these comments are just dripping with negativity. There are some serious buttons being pushed here.

If just for a moment, let's be reasonable about this.

First, Lots of people are comparing the slaughter of animals to the killing of plants. That is just plain STUPID. Plants don't feel pain. They don't have central nervous systems. There is no comparison, remotely. Case closed. Again, I have to remark at just how dumb that argument is. Just stop.

Second, people are arguing that violence is natural. True! Sure is. But we pride ourselves on only allowing justified violence, in our society. But if it can be demonstrated that the consumption of meat isn't necessary, then slaughtering animals to obtain that meat can no longer be justified in a "civilized" society, without resorting to backwards religious dogma of the inherent superiority of man, or something similar.

Lo and behold, that can be demonstrated. Epidemiology studies have been slowly painting a picture over the 2nd half of the 20th century, and that picture is coming into clear focus lately. Studying large populations over long periods of time, you can slowly work out correlations between lifestyle and disease/mortality rates. Every epidemiology study is pointing in the same direction - higher consumption of animal products leads to higher incidence of early mortality, heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and a rather long list of other diseases. Those same studies found a strong correlation between plant-based diets and a decrease in incidence of those diseases.

It's not propaganda, it's not exaggeration, it's not hyperbole. It's just logic, and science. Leave emotions at the door, they're not needed here.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

I get it. Sometimes I even look at it in a similar way. Perhaps viewing our cultural habits as an alien might view them during their first peek at us.
And I DO feel guilty about the Industrialization of animal/meat production. Animals are not rows of corn.
We've actually reduced our meat intake at home. Though, we still eat it. We buy from small farms when we can. It's more expensive, so we don't do it all the time, we just can't. Just wanted to say that I understand the point of view you were trying to project here.
And I don't believe you were trolling at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join