It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans kill animals then they eat them(true story)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Did you know that human beings actually KILL other animals to EAT them ? Don't you find that disgusting ? They even have built factories to INDUSTRIALISE the process of killing the other sentient animals and chop them in small portions that they pack in plastic. WOW. At first I didn't want to believe it but I have seen the proofs. It's 100% true. They eat dead corpses of animals that are made of exactly the same stuff as them, and almost every human being find that this is totally normal. They even encourage their own LITTLE CHILDREN to eat dead corpses of other sentient beings, imagine that... I mean, what do they have in mind ?? Can't they just think for one second ? I am truly out of words..

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Soilent Green is people, you are eating people.

We knew about this. That's why animals are made of meat.

+3 more 
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

I am truly out of words..

The feeling is mutual...

You live under a rock I assume?

+69 more 
link   
Oh so you are a vegetarian and an extremely religious person.

No offence but all the vegetarians that I have encountered are somewhat like this :-

edit on 4-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

recommended reading
The Jungle
by Upton Sinclair

deer is delicious

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
"you are what you eat"

+27 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Plants are living things too. So what are you going to eat? Air?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Didn't know plants are sentient!

i remember them walking around my house and looking at me, making noise and such!
!

When fruits are eaten by animals, the seeds are spread thru the land(thru feces).

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What kind of post is this? Forum Sliding with non-news about things that are quite obvious? Next will be a tread that we murder plants for not only food (oh my god, save the plants), but we also rip them from their homes, shred them apart and wear them like some kind of protective layer from rain and sun. We must stop using plants for our needs and run around naked!

See, what I did there. I can even make an absurd argument about how di-hydrogen-oxide is bad for us and must be banned, buried, and eradicated.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
There is research to suggest that vegetable feel pain...what are we supposed to eat now?
There is microscopic sentient life everywhere too...should I stop breathing as well?
If we weren't made to eat meat, it wouldn't taste so good to us...even with no BBQ sauce.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skada

Can we also ban H2S gas?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by Night Star

Didn't know plants are sentient!

i remember them walking around my house and looking at me, making noise and such!
!

When fruits are eaten by animals, the seeds are spread thru the land(thru feces).

Is noise making a hallmark of sentiency?

There have been many experiments done that hint at an awareness on the part of plants. The late Ingo Swann did several such experiments with Hal Puthoff.

No one really knows if they are sentient or not. But the only thing that intimates that they are not is a lack of evidence to the contrary, not something proving they are not.

link   

Originally posted by Skada
What kind of post is this? Forum Sliding with non-news about things that are quite obvious? Next will be a tread that we murder plants for not only food (oh my god, save the plants), but we also rip them from their homes, shred them apart and wear them like some kind of protective layer from rain and sun. We must stop using plants for our needs and run around naked!

See, what I did there. I can even make an absurd argument about how di-hydrogen-oxide is bad for us and must be banned, buried, and eradicated.

It is because they are obvious that you don't see them. Like the fish who cannot see the water all around him.

link   
reply to post by superman2012

Sure, we can BAN ALL THE THINGS! But, then we would get into the whole mess of infringement on someone else's rights, and all that jazz. So, even though we can talk about it until we are blue in the face and everywhere else, we can't in good conscience ban anything, or legislate morality, or tell someone how to live their life. But, this is something that we constantly do on a regular basis, and the government is one of the worst offenders.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Okay, lets put this thing on rails:

Some posters mentioned that this or that is "sentient". Please elaborate how microscopic bacteria can be sentient or define "sentience".

I say no.

Sentience is provable, at least to terms. A chimpanzee with a white mark on his face, painted on him unknowingly, will try to analyze it if he sees it in a mirror - therefore, ego is proven for a chimpanzee. No bacteria has shown any trace of ego. Elaborate further if you want.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

Even after he was supposedly dead, Jesus asked for and ate meat. They gave him a hot dead fish and some honey comb that was stolen from bees!

What to think? Will there be meat eating and animal killing and honey stealing in heaven too?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Animals eat other animals too. They kill them, drag them off, and tear them into tiny pieces. They may not wrap them in plastic, but they do leave the corpses to rot, and then other animals come in to tear the rest of them into tiny pieces and then feed them to their offspring.

I am not sure why you just figured this out?

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yep. Food is the precise reason that we raise pigs, chickens, and turkeys on our little farm.

People have been eating animals since the beginning of time, and while I am not fond of industrialized farming, I see nothing wrong with a nice juicy steak.

I buy local what I cannot raise here on my property.

I am failing to see the point of this thread.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

Umm... Not to point out the obvious or anything but take a good look in a mirror this morning. See those sharp pointy thingys on either side of your top front teeth? They're called Canine teeth and they're designed to bite, tear and devour meat. Our systems are not set up for eating plants. We're not herbivores, we're carnivores.

I've never quite understood where the self loathing and disgust comes from but at least the OP here acknowledges the fact we are eating the parts of other animals. I've been amused a couple times to helpfully explain to a rather self-righteous person holding forth on anti-hunting or something.....just what happens to the big feathery turkey from truck to grocery store meat section. Having worked at a poultry kill plant for a brief time in my youth, I have tales to tell too...... Perfect for a Thanksgiving Dinner the in-laws have spoiled, for instance.

Anyway... I not only eat meat, I've been known to shoot, dress and stock my freezer with the poor little critter myself. Nothing like fresh, unadulterated and non-drugged up meat to last a few months. Yummy!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

The most dangerous animal in the woods are humans.
Even the animals fear us.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join