It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans kill animals then they eat them(true story)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Proven fact, vegetarians suffer from 'shrinking brain' syndrome. Without meat protein the brain loses size. So why not eat meat again?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
What makes you think plants aren't sentient? Just because your too stupid to understand them doesn't mean they're not intelligent!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Quote;we call them dunb animals, and so they are, for they can not tell us how they feel,but they do not suffer less because they have no words. Anna Sewell.

I knew if I came here it would upset me but I came anyway. Not because of what the OP posted, but because of most of the responses the OP received................not a civil debate, but mean ridicule.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kcabmi
Wow, I had no idea that human's ate animals.

That was sarcasm you know. I just thought that I should clear that up....even though I shouldn't have to.

Anyway, if GOD didn't want us to eat animals........he wouldn't have made them so tasty.

edit on 6-2-2013 by kcabmi because: (no reason given)

If we weren't supposed to eat animals, they wouldn't be made out of meat. Blame the man that discovered that cows are made out of beef!

Yes... that was a joke.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

Yes I know that people eat meat. And I know the meat processing industry is big business. You'll eat the meat of a steer, a hog, or a lamb. But would you go out and hunt your own meat? That's one of the problems with Americans who are up in arms about guns (pun definitly intended) and hunting. If you hunt for at least some of the meat you eat, you will appreciate where you food comes from.
Are you a vegetarian? Do you grow a garden. If so, it's a lot of work isn't it? Try this. go out in your area and start hunting for wild vegetables.
We have, in this country, become totally complacent about how our ancestors, less that 100 years ago, fed them selves

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Meat is good. A lot of lot of lot of meat is bad

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Why do the most ridiculous and/or lazy threads get the most replies?

Why did I visit this thread?

Why am I hungry?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn

Did you know that human beings actually KILL other animals to EAT them ?

Did you know THAT'S what omnivores do? And did you know humans are omnivores? Whoa, shocking. I'll give you a moment for it to sink in.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Shaxuul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn

Did you know that human beings actually KILL other animals to EAT them ? Don't you find that disgusting ? They even have built factories to INDUSTRIALISE the process of killing the other sentient animals and chop them in small portions that they pack in plastic. WOW. At first I didn't want to believe it but I have seen the proofs. It's 100% true. They eat dead corpses of animals that are made of exactly the same stuff as them, and almost every human being find that this is totally normal. They even encourage their own LITTLE CHILDREN to eat dead corpses of other sentient beings, imagine that... I mean, what do they have in mind ?? Can't they just think for one second ? I am truly out of words..

Are you kidding me?

Did you KNOW that some animals EAT other animals to survive?? I've heard that 2 weeks ago. I could not believe it so i made a search on the net and it was true!!

Can you believe it?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Then there is this. ( an oldie but a goodie)

THEY'RE MADE OUT OF MEAT

"They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"There's no doubt about it. We picked up several from different parts of the planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, and probed them all the way through. They're completely meat."

"That's impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the stars?"

"They use the radio waves to talk, but the signals don't come from them. The signals come from machines."

"So who made the machines? That's who we want to contact."

"They made the machines. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Meat made the machines."

The rest is here
Meat

Great little story, thanks for that. It gives us an outside perspective on ourselves.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Proven fact, vegetarians suffer from 'shrinking brain' syndrome. Without meat protein the brain loses size. So why not eat meat again?

Sounds scientific.

Please explain this "meat protein". What essential amino acids are exclusive to meat? I am not sure about your 'meat protein', but for us vegetarians amino acids are the building blocks of protein.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kcabmi

Name any popular food source that has an exclusive anything. Everything shares vitamins, nutrients and proteins.

You completely missed my point. Did you see the posts I was responding to. More than one member is making the claim vegetarians cannot get essential nutrition....aka exclusive to meat. Which is not true.

On that note, good luck finding a protein source as a vegetarian that is not going to cost you an arm and a leg and that will keep you from going hungry.

Do you need photo evidence of me not starving? Why is vegetarians saying they are fit and healthy not evidence enough they are getting their nutrition. I don't have problem with protein in the slightest.

As for the cost. God that is so relative. Both omnivores and vegetarians can eat cheaply and expensively. My cost at the moment is about the same as my omnivore roommate.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldestLurker
"Researchers have long known that a strict vegetarian diet -- one that excludes all animal products -- can lead to vitamin B-12 deficiency,

Excluding all animals products is veganism. I already said veganism has a b12 concern...in that it takes extra planing. I will disregard the rest non-specific to vegetarian. That was what we were discussing. I have no problem getting b12 from my vegetarian diet naturally.

However I do have to ask. Why are you against a vegan taking a b12 supplement? Seriously what's your issue with that I don't get it
Are you against people taking supplements for health in general?...

In the July issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, German researchers tracked 174 apparently healthy people living in Germany and the Netherlands.

I am seeing statistics for the US that shows up to 40% vegetarians are b12 deficient. Does that support your argument? No it doesn't. I worded it that way so you would think that. 40% of the US population in general has lower than optimal b12 levels. In other words, a problem we share.

It would be very difficult to take a random sampling of people and determine what the actual culprit behind the deficiency was. Whether omnivore or vegetarian. There are many variables. The study has to be controlled. For instance did you know alcohol consumption messes with b12 absorption?

But again. I just got my results and it showed good levels of b12. I am able to get all the b12 I need with my non-meat diet.

Now tell me if this is not an issue why you even needed to test yourself for it?

Better question. Why did you assume it was related to my vegetarian diet??

I wasn't getting my b12 tested. I was getting many things tested. Remember how I also said I was deficient in vitamin D. I knew that because I got results for many vitamins/minerals. I was getting the results because I wanted to know for general health. You should make an appointment and get them too.

It's a middle class urban background conscience salve for those who are wealthy enough to play and the most disturbing aspect is not that you do it but that you wish to ram the ill conceived and ethically immature concept down the down the rest of humanitys necks.

Nice generalizations. Go back and read my posts.

You hate meat being eaten - you hate nature.

:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

If you hunt for at least some of the meat you eat, you will appreciate where you food comes from.

I think you mean to say.... where it could come from. Most food meat doesn't come from anything resembling the habitat you would hunt them in.

Are you a vegetarian? Do you grow a garden. If so, it's a lot of work isn't it?

Love my garden. Lots of work, but work I love.

Try this. go out in your area and start hunting for wild vegetables.

Mushroom hunting

edit on 6-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Word up - just because you feel profound about something does not mean it automatically deserves respect.

There are avatars on this thread that would offend millions of people. who adhere to theistic religions, why on earth would thinking people have to bow down with coutesy to a post from someone who appear to be suffering from vitamin B12 deffeciency so the fragile egos of vegitards don't get ruffled while other posters on the threat have a pop at peoples religions in their avatars? Word up if you spout rubbish to thinking people you are not going to get invited to a sweat lodge where people sit around and call you guru. Free expression rocks. If you think something is purile then call it out - don't sit around nodding in emarassed silence. The OPs post is purile in my eyes and it seems the eyes of others. It is a subject of comedy because it is comical.

I really have not read anything as inane as the OP in a long long time, it is one of the dumbest, smugest vegitard outpourings I have ever seen.

Respect is something you earn and the OP on this thread did as much to loose respect from those who have actually thought about the ethics of diet as is humanly possible.

He is a vegitard I owe his ideas about as much respect as a nibrutard.

As regards others claiming that their heath is just dandy - I refer them back to the study cited in my earlier postings that indicated in a scientific manner that the vast majority of vegans and vegitarians are seriously compromising their health. Ignoring it won't make it go away and you know it's an issue because someone actually had to have their B12 levels tested and mentioned it. Similatly take a look at your teeth in a mirror - your body is designed to consume some meat and your self loathing and avoidance of what is slf vident is not clever but disturbing.

Personally I also view the vegitard movement as a willfull assault on everything non urban and the voice of a strange modern meme....people who hate hature..fear it and want to hide in concrete worlds trying to force the planet to fit the mould that disney films educated them to believe was animals, human beings and nature.

Your precepts are flawed and only with modern diet supliments and micromanaging diets can you be healthy.

They are ethically infinently less worthy than someone who butchers and eats their own meat. One is a moral coward hiding in childhood false worlds and the other is part of nature and understands it at a level a vegitard can never even being to approach.

The smugness and self propagation of vegitard thinking is somethink that those who have encountered vegitards know all about. We understand you, do what you want, we think you are wrong, sheltered and ethically immature.

You are not invited to dinner.

Vegans who try raising infants without milk are moving out of the area of do as you want to willfull cruelty to small human beings.

Time to go get your B12 shots people. You need them if you think the the content of the OP is an o wow moment.

Vegan child abuse

edit on 6-2-2013 by OldestLurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2013 by OldestLurker because: Added link to child abuse case vegan - typos

edit on 6-2-2013 by OldestLurker because: many typos...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OldestLurker

so the fragile egos of vegitards don't get ruffled

By all means ruffle my feathers. Do so without breaking the T & C.

while other posters on the thread have a pop at peoples religions in their avatars?

So let me get this straight. People can't make a pop at religion. But you can call vegetarians....

infinitely unethical childish vegitards who are moral cowards with fragile egos

Seems fair

If you think something is purile then call it out - don't sit around nodding in embarrassed silence.

Then we understand each other

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

Always love this debate,

So what defines sentient, for you? I recall bashing this around with a former keeper on a soccer squad I ran around with. Always asked him sh_t like, 'so carrots don't have feelings . . .'

'What' to eat is such a popular topic these days. Personally, stuff I used to eat with no crappy side-effects work on me more and more. Partly a function of getting older, but it seems like more than that. Who knows . . .

The food chain, who/what eats who/what.

nexo

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
No. Take a pop at religion if you want by all means but don;t expect not to get called out when you roll out the vegitard drum.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OldestLurker

Vegans who try raising infants without milk....... willfull cruelty to small human beings.

Okay come on.

As if bad nutrition was something non-existent in non-vegetarian parents!! For crying out loud.

There are of course parents in both 'camps' that don't provide ideal nutrition. Duh.

The point is they can provide ideal nutrition. Yes you can provide babies with b12, and every thing else, through a strict vegan diet. The mother can easily buy b12 fortified milk-alternatives for one. One among many options.

expect not to get called out when you roll out the vegitard drum.

How about you put forth a little effort and respond to my points and questions. As I have yours.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The point is they can provide ideal nutrition. Yes you can provide babies with b12, and every thing else, through a strict vegan diet. The mother can easily buy b12 fortified milk-alternatives for one. One among many options

They *could* launch a child into orbit and retrieve it safely but to take the most high risk option where the slightest failure to micromanage the childs diet will have disasterous results is another matter.

I do appreciate that you confusion and inability to understand B12, teeth, childcare where the health of the child comes *ahead* of personal beliefs. After all the lack of B12 can have a profound effect.

Here - have a read - please but you have still not respond to the study cited in my earlier post. That is because it directly refutes your religious belief about most vegantards and vegitards being healthy...

Sorry, vegans: Eating meat and cooking food is how humans got their big brains
edit on 6-2-2013 by OldestLurker because: typo fix sentence

edit on 6-2-2013 by OldestLurker because: typo

edit on 6-2-2013 by OldestLurker because: th to the - typo

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join