It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Shots of the Second American Revolution have been fired

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
you realize the flaw in this idea...

people would have to look up from their phones to revolt

good luck with that

The revolt is already underway....Read the OP.

This action isn't dependent on people putting down their phone and grabbing a gun. A phone can be a useful tool in this revolution. Just going to work and being a productive citizen in a state that shares your ideals is action.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by seabag

If you think the Country is going to be Saved by the GOP, well, I have no words.

This needed to be re-posted just because it is sooooo what I was gonna say...but you beat me to it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

reply to post by seabag

If you think the Country is going to be Saved by the GOP, well, I have no words.

You REALLY need to read the OP before firing off comments.

You just stepped in it, bro!

EPIC FAIL!

If you think the constitution and freedom are “GOP things” then I’m flattered, but I disagree.

I’m talking about the states taking this country back from an overreaching federal government that no longer represents the will of the people. This isn’t about party politics…it’s about America.

edit on 31-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

\And the republicans do not either, they represent the corporations and their pocketbooks get real. I thought ppl were here to DENY IGNORANCE...not spew it. You really stepped in it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
While I do agree with you, I cannot help but question some people's motives. I think there truly are people who are pushing and using the freedoms given to us by our founders simply because they are personally biased against either democrats or Obama, if not both. My question to those people is where were these words when Bush was in office, pushing things like the Patriot Act? I did not see a "conservative rally" at that time. So I just want to know what everyone's true motives are, because it makes a difference, believe it or not.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Thanks for bringing this information to light.... we all have an opinion on it.

It does not matter who is in office.

The entire government is broken. When something breaks you either fix it or replace it, right? So... we have to begin fixing it from the ground up or replace it.

How do we get rid of all the money hungry, blood sucking, government officials?

Could the states do it for us?

I personally dont know what the correct solution is but at least the OP is bringing something to the table worth pondering over.

I want to see all of them (entire government) gone.... like.... yesterday.
edit on 31-1-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The revolution will come to everyones door sooner or later......
Those who doubt this are living in a fools paradise.
The major powers are lining up for a rumble over the last of the worlds oil......
The majority of humanity are destitute or nearly so....
All over the globe, the bodies pile ever higher as people forced to pay for "progress"
whcih they neither want nor need,are wrenched into the 21st century at gunpoint.,by foriegn soldiers.
There will come a saturation point....and its very near now....
Like the burning man in Egypt.some incident is going to trigger a total rejection of the PTB......the banks, and the corporate entities that stifle the progress of humanity just to maintain their wealth and control.
When the dam breaks, the results will be a new dark ages........which we may not survive.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by seabag

Thanks for bringing this information to light.... we all have an opinion on it.

It does not matter who is in office.

The entire government is broken. When something breaks you either fix it or replace it, right? So... we have to begin fixing it from the ground up or replace it.

I personally dont know what the correct solution is but at least the OP is bringing something to the table worth pondering over.

I want to see all of them (entire government) gone.... like.... yesterday.
edit on 31-1-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

Sorry to say but experiencing Christie Whitman and Jeb Bush and a myriad of other "STATE" politicians, it isn't them that are gonna get us out of this mess, they're all just extensions of the same figure, extensions of the federal government and like someone else said, they're all drinking buddies, it's like the states mentioned here are basically cutting off their nose to spite their face (They are just as bad if not worse about who they represent, Just ask Delaware about the Duponts and how many local political pies their fingers are in, both figuratively and otherwise).
edit on 31-1-2013 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I really do like the fact that since Obama took office, states have been asserting themselves more. It is kind of funny, but I think that an unintended result of Obama's administration could be the return of state's rights!

That would be awesome, each state could decide for itself important issues like gun control, legalization, gay marriage, etc. -

I recently moved from Washington to Idaho, and these two states are much different in their cultures and their laws. It is definitely interesting and comforting to know that I have options in the U.S.
edit on 31-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

reply to post by ldyserenity

I agree.... I think I covered that in my original post. Here is the sentence above ^^^^^

How do you suggest we make them all pack up and go home jobless ?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I like this question.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
you realize the flaw in this idea...

people would have to look up from their phones to revolt

good luck with that

The revolt is already underway....Read the OP.

This action isn't dependent on people putting down their phone and grabbing a gun. A phone can be a useful tool in this revolution. Just going to work and being a productive citizen in a state that shares your ideals is action.

I read it. not impressed. not talking about guns.

maybe you need to tetitle your exercise

second american internet rage guy meme ?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Where did that come from???? Not in the thread I just read. You know we don't get all our info from 'one liners' sometimes, we have to take the time out to read and use comprehension.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It seems I'm wrong - US looks like it's got lots of money to throw around - Oops I meant 'lots of your money'

TextOn Tuesday President Obama announced more aid to Syrian rebels to the tune of $155 million, bringing the total amount sent so far to $365 million.

The statement from Obama's White House reads "The relief we send doesn’t say “Made in America,” but make no mistake—our aid reflects the commitment of the American people."

www.activistpost.com...

I think Americans need to look nearer home before dishing out their money to others -

TextThere are still more than 1900 homes in New York and New Jersey that are without utilities of any kind in the prolonged wake of Superstorm Sandy. Some families are getting assistance from FEMA and going to hotels, which they must leave every two weeks, go and apply for more vouchers and then check back in to the hotel. Others are sleeping in tents. Still others have remained in storm damaged homes without electricity, water or heat. Sandy hit the area on October 29.

It has been 3 full months and President Obama just got around to signing the aid bill.

edit on 31-1-2013 by quedup because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2013 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

A revolution is the only way, it is the only thing Americans know, we know how to fight. Ever since it was founded we've fought. We will continue to fight.

Just have to have hope that some live through the ashes and are able to rebuild and try to do it differently.

There is no stopping this train. It's too late.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Sorry to say but experiencing Christie Whitman and Jeb Bush and a myriad of other "STATE" politicians, it isn't them that are gonna get us out of this mess, they're all just extensions of the same figure, extensions of the federal government and like someone else said, they're all drinking buddies, it's like the states mentioned here are basically cutting off their nose to spite their face (They are just as bad if not worse about who they represent, Just ask Delaware about the Duponts and how many local political pies their fingers are in, both figuratively and otherwise).

In some states this is the case.

BUT…..you are free to move to a different state if you disagree with the state government; there are 49 other options for you. What are your options when you disagree with an overbearing federal government? Renouncing your citizenship is pretty EXTREME, don’t you think? That’s a lot more of a commitment than moving to another state.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Another stellar thread OP. S AND F S AND F

The last shot WILL BE OURS!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by skorpius

A revolution is the only way, it is the only thing Americans know, we know how to fight. Ever since it was founded we've fought. We will continue to fight.

Just have to have hope that some live through the ashes and are able to rebuild and try to do it differently.

It doesn’t have to be the type of revolution you’re referring to…the revolution I’m talking about is the people and THE STATES taking the power back from the fed. The recent Obamacare ruling and 2nd amendment attack has sparked this revolution I speak of….it’s picking up steam. Several states are circulating succession petitions. Several Governors have publically stated they will not enforce unconstitutional federal mandates. This is the beginning of the people saying NO to the usupers.

There is no stopping this train. It's too late.

I’m trying to remain a cup-half-full kind of guy!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The final shot should remain unfired.

Let me try to get my point across without running afoul. (
)

Not many in DC raised an eyebrow when New York adopted more stringent laws concerning firearms.

Yet they too, did something other than what DC dictated.

So the federal government and it's supporters should caution themselves when being critical of other states that choose a different path as well.

As for the final shot? Unity is a far better alternative than division. Just because DC cannot unite does not mean that the people can't.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Not a revolution, but a civil war, I am very sadly afraid.

You cannot beat your government. In your fear of outsiders, you equipped them too heavily- your firearms are meaningless to them.

But of course you can kill your neighbor. And all this talk I see here reflects a mistaken conclusion that it is "the people" against "the government".

But the government was voted into place by people. It represents half of the people. The Democrats and the Republicans are the people.

I observe my brother and my father on opposite ends of this clash, they can barely talk anymore.
The government shall watch while you kill each other. Keeping this house divided (and weak) has been very, very, successful.
It makes me want to cry. You won't see me cheering this on.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The only way now, at this advanced stage of cancer the country is suffering from, to get rid of the scum in DC on both sides of the isle is a complete reset IMO.

I think the states leave the union and allow it to collapse. The states who hold fed assets keep those assets (ie military bases, buildings, land, etc) and then the states renegotiate the terms of this union. We need a second constitutional convention.

Maybe all 50 states get back together…maybe they don’t….but we start over. We've allowed this beast get out of control and it needs to end. Some think ‘the beast’ we call our federal government is too big to slay but I think the power lies in the states; in the people. We need to reign in the power we let them take from us. Maybe we'll give some of that power back once they represent us the way they are required to do.

edit on 31-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join