It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious, purple spheres found in the desert

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Very cool pic! I've never seen anything like that. It does look like a pile of bath beads though. It's too bad no one took a sample.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Update:
Well got a u2u from one of our very own ATS members who lives close to that location, and it is possible he might make it out there tomorrow.
He's apparently trying to get more info on exact location.

I urged him to get a sample, cause you never know WHAT that might be...

Also, thanks for all the great replies. While chances are it is one of the things mentioned, you just never know until it is tested...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Nice find OP
reminds me of the orange "goo" found in Anchorage, Alaska
It will be interesting to see the results if any are presented..

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — An orange-colored goo that streaked the shore of a remote Alaska village turned out to be fungal spores, not millions of microscopic eggs as indicated by preliminary analysis , scientists say.

Further tests with more advanced equipment showed the substance is consistent with spores from fungi that create "rust," a plant disease that accounts for the color, officials with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said Thursday.

The gunk appeared Aug. 3 at the edge of Kivalina, an Inupiat Eskimo community at the tip of a barrier reef on Alaska's northwest coast.

www.nbcnews.com...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I would like to entertain the idea that this might be a slime mold. The single cell organism is very resourceful and in some way intelligent.
How brainless slime molds redefine intelligence

What if this slime mold made a membrane to hold water and survive the sun and heat. The purple or violet color they have might reflect the UV rays and protect it. But until tests it looks like it might be just a thought.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I don't know. It would be great if it were some wild, new species of life that evolved to survive the desert. But I'm gonna go with what my kids told me and go with an Orbeez-type thing. They were mentioned on the first page and a totally plausible possibility.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
They look artificial, and they look like they were corralled to make an interesting photo.

I'll tend to agree with those who say water in the desert tends to de-hydrate, and they would shrink, unless some sort of artificial gel with a low moisture content.

Items placed, hikers "find" them, "oooh shiny" disorder.

Smells fishy. It's nothing natural, or extraterrestrial, my intuition says. The innuendo remains unspoken.

Of course, I'm just speculating.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I've seen a couple of balls like this before...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I wish the news would have reported more on this, like had some lab test done, some outcome would have been good. I love these mystery stories but hate to be left hanging...
S & F because it is very interesting nonetheless!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Tell him to bag them up. Animals in the desert can smell water and will maybe eat them like they would eggs or succulent cactus. I don't know if they are harmful or not in the digestive track of critters out there. They don't digest is my bet.

Morons on our team. The idiots that used these for ice in their cooler to keep the beer cold and then dumped them should be made to eat them. We could test the digestive hazard on them.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It is manna from Heaven...The Hebrews found it everywhere in the desert for fourty years...(see Exodus)
Dirt

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by OneisOne

God almighty those retarded people...

I agree. Look at the dolts poking them with a stick like they might be alive. Shouldn't you be wearing a hazmat suit? Looks like someone did some illegal dumping.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Seems like it isn't to far off the road. It's possible that some RV illegally dumped their sewage out there that had some kind of a enzyme in it. Purple, blue, green colors is typical for those types of chemicals.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Looks kind of perty to me
It would be cool to see something like that while on a four wheeler.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
"Spit Balls" with purple food coloring?

www.vat19.com...

EDIT: Now I have an idea for an April Fools joke...
edit on 31-1-2013 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Bigfoot eggs. I caught my ex wife laying a pile of em in the corner of the garage.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Algae.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Orbeez can be used for maintaining enough water to keep plants healthy such as Marijuana. First thought probably an attempt to do a guerrilla grow operation for marijuana in the desert. However very similar looking orbs did in fact rain out of the sky in the UK, in January of 2012.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CryHavoc

Same thought here!!
Must be Spitballs colored!!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

... They're like gooey marbles that ooze out a water substance when we squish them. They roll, they shine, and they're out of this world.

They look and sound like those silica gel things you find in shoes and other stuff

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

What a horror it must be for OP to have to sit and watch as his beautiful mystery is gang raped and murdered by a gang of facts ! Just horrible !

SnF
edit on 1-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join