It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious, purple spheres found in the desert

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I would say that is what they are but the site only had them in clear and glow in the dark.

Glow in the dark would have been a great gag.

You must be insane

Glow in the dark would make this thread a 100+ pager

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I was born and raised in Tucson. Davis Monthan AFB is in Tucson.

I've seen the deco beads, and the freshener beads before. They also kind of look like Orbeez. I don't know what it is, but alien would be the last thing I thought of.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
alien eggs!!!

you guys crack me up. Thats literally where you go to first. Alien eggs.
Talk about your X-files brainwashed populos of today.

Its clearly plastic decorative beads
edit on 2-2-2013 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thats a nest of reptilian humanoid eggs. I count 435 senators, 50 represenatives, 1 president, 9 supreme court justices, and a bunch of bankers. Getting the next brood ready
haha.

Honestly all logic escapes me, .... I'm not usualy that guy but hoax maybe? I hope ATS comes up with something better than me.

That made my day. Now I can sleep at night. This answer is 100% legit.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
My guess, bath soap beads that were used by drug smugglers to mask the smell.

They met up at this spot and ditched the beads to repackage the drugs,

Just a theory.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Thats a nest of reptilian humanoid eggs. I count 435 senators, 50 represenatives, 1 president, 9 supreme court justices, and a bunch of bankers. Getting the next brood ready
haha.

Honestly all logic escapes me, .... I'm not usualy that guy but hoax maybe? I hope ATS comes up with something better than me.

This has to be the funniest thing I have seen on ATS in a long time!!!

One word.... Brilliant!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
My guess, bath soap beads that were used by drug smugglers to mask the smell.

They met up at this spot and ditched the beads to repackage the drugs,

Just a theory.

I could go with this theory, except I would have a hard time believing that drug smugglers would lay them all out on the ground in a seemingly ordered, flat pile like that... I would think they'd be strewn everywhere or at least tossed in a pile on top of each other?

Just saying it looks purposely laid out...not randomly tossed aside.

ETA - btw, I think they are Deco Balls or a similar type of gel bead. Man made and ordinary. Would love to know the story of how they got there though....
edit on 4-2-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

This is definitely rather unusual and while i would love it if this really was something paranormal like Alien Eggs or something like that, i highly doubt it, i think someone just decided to dump whatever these things are out in the middle of nowhere lol

But since there is no actual evidence of what it is, it would be foolish to dismiss any theories.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Thanks gypsy, I still think bedlams unicorn poop comment was funnier but I glad you got a chuckle out of it

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

reply to post by CIAGypsy

Thanks gypsy, I still think bedlams unicorn poop comment was funnier but I glad you got a chuckle out of it

I was sort of torn between My Little Pony poop and Unicorn poop. As I can't stomach MLP, the choice was clear.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You made the right choice

I was just informed last night of a growing trend bronies
im still not sure if my buddy was effin with me or not but I take the threat serious regardless.
edit on 5-2-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

It's true, they seem like an offshoot of furries, but more militant.

My kids liked MLP, it's one of those things I tried to discourage as I hated it. Now, you want to watch original Three Stooges or Looney Tunes, I'm there with you. I liked Rocko's Modern Life. I even tolerated SpongeBob sometimes, but at MLP I drew a line - you watch it, I'm leaving the room.

Not so good with Barney either.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I checked the original news source from the OP and there is an update!

Here's a youtube video with the info...

And here is from the news site:

After seeing our story about the purple orbs on Thursday, Daniel Bartels gave us a call. He was confident that the water beads he and his company, Canopy Corner, sell are the ones Gerardine Vargas found in Vail's desert on Sunday.
----------- snip--------

But, we've invested too much time into this story to just trust Daniel and let this all go. Plus, what if they were actually alien eggs?

It's probably in everyone's best interest if we find out, right?

So, we traveled back to Vail to compare the two beads, and they're definitely not an exact match.

We took a sample of the desert orbs, and will take them to the University of Arizona's Cooperative Extension next week to get some answers.
www.kgun9.com (Reporter is really playing up the alien egg thing.....)

And there are supposed to have an update this week.

I also wanted to checked the water beads out for myself. I purchased some purple ones (FloraCraft) just to see color and size. The ones I purchased did lose some color after being in the water for a while. And the color seems similar.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

The new pictures are rather interesting....

I still think they are regular gel beads though... Still, nice to see they FINALLY took a sample to get analyzed. I would have done that first!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Where is the Update??
Any word from the university yet?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog81

Nothing yet....

Their last update was on 2/7 -

Purple spheres go viral

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
reply to post by topdog81

Nothing yet....

Their last update was on 2/7 -

Purple spheres go viral

I hate to see that this hasn't been resolved... whatever they were....
If the sample that was submitted turned out to be regular gel beads then why not say so?
Another member on ATS mention the potential for a connection between these and the now mysterious slime that has been appearing after the recent meteor strikes. In a way this seems like a plausibility- if these things aren't gel beads- could there indeed be a correlation with this "space slime" that's now appearing?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Did some checking up on this... Apparently, the individual who gathered the samples has not been able to find someone to test them yet. They took the spheres to a university but were going to be charged. Expense made it impossible to do the testing so they are still looking at avenues to get them analyzed either for free or low cost.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
WOw, just wow

Can't believe the news channel couldn't afford to take a sample in a baggy and send it off to one of America's thousands of analysis organizations

I've lost hope for humanity when they do find the next plague, they will just show it on the news and leave it be.

It could have been the blob! And covered up the whole desert, and more, just because nobody bothered to contain it

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join