It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious, purple spheres found in the desert

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Reminds me of this -

flashVars="playerVars=autoPlay=no" "http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/1693189/how_to_turn_water_into_balls.swf" width="600" height="338" wmode="transparent" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" name="Metacafe_1693189" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">How to Turn "water" into Balls - Free videos are just a click away

Here's the source incase the video didn't embed properly.

Notice the colour is pretty much identical. They seem to be exactly like those 'Orbiez' that other have posted, except these are home made.

Just my thoughts

Kaidan
edit on 1/2/2013 by kai22 because: Writing went dodgy after the embed code, no idea why....

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Anywhere near an AFB? There used to be programs involving weather alteration by dumping superabsorbent gel into thunderheads. Those used raw powder but I don't see why not polyballs. Of course, I'd expect them to be more scattered...

Or they're unicorn dung.

I'm going with the Unicorn Dung,
I remember when I was small, a Clydesdale was absolutely furious, that a Unicorn had the balls enough to dung in his stable. That dung look just like this!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
those spheres are beautiful in a way

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Wow! They look pretty cool! Mabye its a hoax or mabye it was an event, either way I think they're cool!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
they look exactly like purple sphere things my sister had in glass bowls as table decorations at her wedding..

could there have been a wedding in the dessert and because they're biodegradable, they were just dumped there??

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Semore
Bigfoot eggs. I caught my ex wife laying a pile of em in the corner of the garage.

Oo that was mean,lol
but I'll throw my opinion out there,possibly deco balls but one would think being in the dessert they would evaporate rather quickly?
who knows? I will say for certain I think they are man made.
edit on 1-2-2013 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by OneisOne

God almighty those retarded people...

I agree. Look at the dolts poking them with a stick like they might be alive. Shouldn't you be wearing a hazmat suit? Looks like someone did some illegal dumping.

LOL! Yeah I was watching them poke at it and I'm like, you don't know what it is but you'll release it's contents and expose it to the air where you're breathing?! Silly humans! You know if this were an alien byproduct or beginnings of their being can you imagine how easy it would be to wipe us all out by leaving Ebola or something out-of-this-world worse in them? Just leave little piles scattered here and there. All they would have to do it wait for the morons with sticks to show up.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Here's a video of the Hydrogels soaking in water and swelling up.

The 2nd half of the video shows the same Hydrogels drying up (due to lack of water).

My question if the purple spheres in the desert are indeed Hydrogels (like the ones in the video) then how have the purple spheres not dried up like the video shows? Someone must be watering them consistently if its being maintained.

Also, someone above mentioned that someone could be attempting to grow a special kind of plant... wouldn't the purple spheres ultimately draw attention from both air or ground?? Seems counter productive in my book.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Great another Hydrogel Ball story that has been completely blown out of proportion.

Stories like this are what gives the media the opportunity to make everyone look stupid, so when something big really does occur they point to rubbish like this.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Great another Hydrogel Ball story that has been completely blown out of proportion.

Stories like this are what gives the media the opportunity to make everyone look stupid, so when something big really does occur they point to rubbish like this.

Agreed. We covered these gel ball hoaxes on ATS numerous times over the years. Everytime it draws a bunch of attention, everytime people seem to forget the last two or three times it's been discussed/debunked.

edit on 1-2-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Honestly, after looking at the pic and the description you gave they look a heck of alot like that potting soil substitute gaining popularity. They are little gel balls that absorb large amounts of water. You use the for clear flower vases to make them more appeasing than your tradition soil or water.

Here's a link to one marketing them as "water bubbles/beads"...the purples look very similar:

[url=http:// www.birando.com...]
edit on 1-2-2013 by mutatismutandis because: (no reason given)

Edit: i see some of you got to it before me! I tried :-P
edit on 1-2-2013 by mutatismutandis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It definately appears to be of some kind of water retaining gel like Deco Beads.
Dyna Gel also comes to mind...

I remember watching a show a few years ago about a substance called "Dyna Gel" Produced by a company called ''Dyna-Tech'' or something like that and how it's used to control the weather.

It was a powder that could absorb something like 20 times its weight in water and turn into a non toxic gel. This powder or raw form can be dropped on clouds and it makes the water vapor condense into a Gel and fall from the sky. The Gel then completely breaks down when it comes into contact with saltwater.

I believe that might be the case for this similar situation earlier in the year...
www.thesun.co.uk...
It was actually raining when he discovered the blue spheres.
edit on 1-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: speeling

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If this were anything important I have a feelling we wouldn't know about it - including the media.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

They aren't eggs of any sort, more like man-made. What's in them? Water-like with a slimy outside, ......... It's not hazardous in any sort........ isolated, which says someone or something just dropped it in the middle of no where for unknown reasons....... doesn't seem like a joke, but overall nice view. Don't know what to give you in the occult arena or alchemist arena.

S and F for you dude.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is quite plainly a psy-op to determine how stupid we are as a collective.

Seems we're pretty dumb if this made front page on ATS.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
This is quite plainly a psy-op to determine how stupid we are as a collective.

Seems we're pretty dumb if this made front page on ATS.

And...true to form, Mankind responds with the classic " Let's poke it with a stick!" response.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Wasn't there something similar in England in some guys garden?

S&F! I love weird stuff like this

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks for finding the video...I am suspicious that, with the entire desert around it, this pile JUST HAPPENS to be located on the shoulder of a dirt road just yards off the main highway. Interesting though it may be, this would indicate that it is man-made and essentially dumped there by a very non-alien (or illegal alien) vehicle.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Fortean scientists: Please be sure to take careful measurements, dates, times, temps, GPS coordinates and good samples if you can, of this type of phenomenon. They do look like those "Deca Beads" the water bearing beads described on the website of one of your respondents. I would like to see their size in relation to a person. Also you might not want to touch them with ungloved hands. They could be some sort of amphibian egg, but out in the desert without any water nearby? Unlikely. Grab a couple, keep in plastic bag cooled in fridge and give them to someone at a University to study.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

That was Awesome lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join