It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious, purple spheres found in the desert

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
www.kgun9.com...

TUCSON (KGUN-9) - It was a normal Sunday in Vail for Geradine Vargas. Normal, until she and her husband stumbled upon something kind of weird.

"We were taking photos around the area and we just...I mean, how could you miss this?" Geradine said. "It was just like glittering in the sun."

Thousands of tiny, purple-hued spheres piled in the middle of no where.

"It's just one of those things that you've never seen before."

They were watery, some where translucent, and the pile was completely isolated. Gerardine was amazed, and she wanted answers.

"We did email a friend of ours who's a zoologist, but she didn't know...i mean, she didn't seem to recognize what it was."

So, she sent KGUN-9 pictures of the spheres, hoping we could find some answers.

We checked out the mysterious spheres for ourselves today, and they were still there. They're like gooey marbles that ooze out a water substance when we squish them. They roll, they shine, and they're out of this world.

Article goes on to say viewers are suggesting:
www.soilmoist.com...

But, I don't think that is the same hue of purple being offered.

I think they're alien swamp gas eggs, descended down from 30,000 feet!

Anyway, curious story, put in SW to try and decipher this mess. Good luck.
edit on Thu Jan 31st 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Magnificent image.

S&F looking forward to the expert opinions of others.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Wow Incredible stuff.

Sure it can be alien eggs.

Or it can also be some kind of product obtained after some secret government experiment.

snf

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
So no one took a sample? I mean if I came across something like that in the middle of nowhere I would have to grab one at the least.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The Deco beads were actually the first thing I thought of, because we use them for cut flowers in the summer. Although they do hold water for quite a while, I don't know how long they would last laying on the ground in the desert. Next question is, who would pile all those there and why.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I've got to agree with the people who say it is just polymer balls. You can get the in colors, they are the same size, and they would squish when you squeeze them.
Heck, you can even get toy guns that shoot them, like paint balls, but smaller and less likely do damage whatever it hits. I got one for my grandson which came with blue ammo. As to the thousands being there, that would be right, too given the size bunch found. It wouldn't be hard to get them there because when dry, it would only represent about a handful of the stuff. It's amazing how much water these can hold and how long they can hold it.
My guess? Kids playing splat ball in the desert spilled some ammo.
Or someone stealing cactus and other desert plants.
And to answer the people who say that those wouldn't last in the desert, please notice the desert is green with plants. That would be enough moisture to keep the balls hydrated. And every time it rains they will reappear.
The news desk person suggested my first impulse, because I have used several of those air freshner jars myself. I rejected that because the scent is usually oily/sticky and would still be obvious.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I've read about stuff like this in the Fortean literature. It seems to me if I remember right that they determined this kind of phenomenon was a type of fungus or something. I forget how they accounted for it falling in the middle of nowhere though. Interesting...

+63 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Thats a nest of reptilian humanoid eggs. I count 435 senators, 50 represenatives, 1 president, 9 supreme court justices, and a bunch of bankers. Getting the next brood ready
haha.

Honestly all logic escapes me, .... I'm not usualy that guy but hoax maybe? I hope ATS comes up with something better than me.

CX

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I'd have gone with deco beads too, the location is a bit strange though unless they've been put there purposely.

I know it's not an uncommon phrase, but using the words "out of this world" to describe them could possibly indicate someone trying to hint at the spheres being ET.

Would be a very easy and basic hoax to conduct.

That said, could be something quite innocent and fascinating behind it.

Nice picture, thanks for posting it.

CX.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Anywhere near an AFB? There used to be programs involving weather alteration by dumping superabsorbent gel into thunderheads. Those used raw powder but I don't see why not polyballs. Of course, I'd expect them to be more scattered...

Or they're unicorn dung.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
these was some bloke last year in the uk claiming they fell fro the sky he sold the story to a few papers until it was found out it was these www.orbeezone.com...
edit on 31-1-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Or they're unicorn dung.

Hahahahaha..... way better than my answer!

I wish I could give you 5 stars

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Found the news report on youtube.

They really slosh around, kinda fun lil weird things.

If they are deco balls, maybe someone used them in arrangements at an event and just dumped them out there after it was over.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

God almighty those retarded people...

They're just . what you call deco balls.. I used to get them for free with items shipped from China, a little sachet that if I soaked the beads (the size of match heads) they would absorb the water and swell up to that size. The same texture, same consistency (given the appearance in the video)..

Fungal Growth?

I hope they get a fungal growth in the brain cavity... nothing else in there to grow

Probably someone who had a load decided to see how long they last in the desert, and now it's been rumbled they are going "Ohhh haha trollolol we're on youtube!!!"

You never know, some shady gardener wanting to discover a new way to hide his special plants in the desert, determining if this is a good way to keep them fed.

fungal growth... *slaps own face*

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

This is by far not the first time this has happened although it may be the first time I've heard of purple ones.
The phenomenon has been reported for many years with numerous reports this past year alone. The 2012 reports seem to all be of blue balls of goo. Scientists claimed that stuff was a fungal growth also. Who knows? I only know the stories I read about that happened many years ago could not have been explained by modern polymers.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Okay....now it is official......Prince is an illuminati insider and hands out early warning messages.

Read the lyricks carefully...there must be a hidden message in it somewhere...

PS. btw...I can't find it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
HYdro gel......you put them under plants that get watered infrequently......soak then with water, they swll up, and the plant can get the water it needs for some time afterwards....
I have grown plants in a sandpile with this stuff...really

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
ummmm.. time to start making some omelets .. sunny side up ..

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
They also look like bath oil beads! I'm sure there would be a beautiful perfumey smell if it was those though.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
it's definitely nothing special. Why? because, if it was, the reporters would have brought someone to the site to investigate and that scientist would have taken samples if it was something they couldn't identify.

Instead, the reporter went to the site, squished them, filmed them and left.

If they had done the right thing, the story wouldn't have been compelling enough to put on the news.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join