It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel strikes Arms Depot near Damascus

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by erebh

I think that we are already engaged in a large scale shadow war. The attack discussed in this thread, coupled with Report of Blast at Iran Nuclear Site to me indicates that Iran crossed the red line and Western powers are doing everything they can to preemptively strike without this conflict turning hot. The lack of coverage of this in the Western media is insane. I think the US, Israel, Russia, and China are all moving their chess pieces in the middle east and no side knows exactly how to proceed at this point. The regional instability and the risk of chemical/biological or nuclear weapons means everyone is playing a high stakes game of brinkmanship. Comments coming out of Syria and Iran are inflammatory. I think US/Israel/Russia/China legitimately wan't to avoid WW3 and are communicating with one another, but in regards to geo politics Russia and China have different objectives and would like to see a different outcome than the US/Israel. In essence, welcome to the Colder War.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
darknstormy????????????????//

this is a theory site...we are talking about Israel / Syria.... so looking for theories on the israel syria conflict... trying really hard not to be sarcastic here dude...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
What's interesting about the recent explosions in Iran is that Dubai was host to 6 F-22s for almost 6 months. They announced they were going over there, without saying why, and a blogger just happened to get pictures of them last week as they overflew Italy on their way home.

The Air Force has said that the unit in Alaska is the first to get the increment 3.1 upgrade, which allows for hitting multiple targets with the 250lb Small Diameter Bomb (SDB), but these "car bombs" have been occurring one at a time, and I believe that the increment 3.0 that all F-22s have allows for use of the SDB. It kind of makes one wonder.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
what does it make one wonder?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by erebh

Whether the "car bombs" were SDBs hitting their target.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
so you think the US air force are "car bombing" Iran? why? and whats that got do with Israel bombing Syria this morning?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by erebh

Have you followed the "car bombs" in Iran? They've all hit scientists, or military commanders. Now we have six F-22s in the region shortly before the bombings started. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that the F-22s were dropping small diameter bombs onto the cars in decapitation strikes.

Originally posted by IndianaJoe
reply to post by erebh

I think that we are already engaged in a large scale shadow war. The attack discussed in this thread, coupled with Report of Blast at Iran Nuclear Site to me indicates that Iran crossed the red line and Western powers are doing everything they can to preemptively strike without this conflict turning hot. The lack of coverage of this in the Western media is insane. I think the US, Israel, Russia, and China are all moving their chess pieces in the middle east and no side knows exactly how to proceed at this point. The regional instability and the risk of chemical/biological or nuclear weapons means everyone is playing a high stakes game of brinkmanship. Comments coming out of Syria and Iran are inflammatory. I think US/Israel/Russia/China legitimately wan't to avoid WW3 and are communicating with one another, but in regards to geo politics Russia and China have different objectives and would like to see a different outcome than the US/Israel. In essence, welcome to the Colder War.

That's why I mentioned it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i havent heard about any bombings of Iran lately especially military points - so why havent Iran hit back? Where these car bombings done to put Iran in its place? To shut them up ? to warn them? They have totally flipped on defending Syria - are they completely toothless or have they bought back the sanctions?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i havent heard about any bombings of Iran lately especially military points - so why havent Iran hit back? Where these car bombings done to put Iran in its place? To shut them up ? to warn them? They have totally flipped on defending Syria - are they completely toothless or have they bought back the sanctions?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by erebh

Because they claim they're acts of internal terrorist groups or Israel. There's no evidence at all that has been released that they were aircraft bombs. But a 250lb bomb is going to look a lot like a car bomb when it goes off. The claim is that it was people on motorcycles that attached a magnetic bomb, but it's an amazing coincidence that one of the most advanced, and stealthy aircraft were in the area when the car bombings started. It could easily have been a target system that was attached, and the SDB homed in on it. There have been at least five scientists killed since 2010, and since late 2011 a number of mysterious explosions at various sites around the country. From steel plants, to nuclear facilities.

Even if they weren't all F-22s, the US has a number of black projects that are extremely advanced, and stealthier than the F-22 that could easily be flown over to Iran, hit a couple of targets and come back, with no one the wiser.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I don't really trust DebkaFile but they reported that Hizballah leaders were killed in Syria a few days after the "incident" at Furdo. What's interesting about the story is that the Hizballah leaders were traveling in a convoy. Professional terrorists who are wanted and well known would likely not travel in such a conspicuous manner so close to the Golan heights. These people survive by being incognito. To me, if the story is valid, the only reason to travel in a convoy was because you were protecting something that was large and valuable. For instance if you were a terrorist leader and wanted to sneak into Israel you wouldn't do it by traveling with a large group of your terrorist buddies. An arms exchange is the only reason you would be forced to travel in such a conspicuous manner. You need trucks to move contraband, and likely a bunch of trucks. Israel is hell bent in ensuring that Syrian weapons are not transferred into Lebanon or Israel by militant terrorist groups. If they had actionable Intel of an arms transaction they would strike. Why the hell would the Mossad use a roadside bomb and risk people on the ground when you can strike with aircraft from your own airspace, and with and SDB make it look like a roadside bomb. DebkaFile Report
edit on 31-1-2013 by IndianaJoe because: none

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You must have some inside info about Assad's true nature as a cool, rational and considerate guy that would never want to be thought of as a devil...could you share this intimate information about Assad?

Yet, Assad slaughtering his own people is not devilish in any way?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IndianaJoe

ok so we get it was a truck load of weapons heading for the Leb - under the UN charter (for whats it worth) the act is illegal - why is there no backlash? Who have Israel paid off? Will Iran's sanctions suddenly be dropped? Will the Russians get more pipelines across Europe, especially in Bulgaria - because that was turned down yesterday and will the Chinese be let do whatever the hell they want with their currency fiddling? After all the jews run the banks in China as well as the rest of the world...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by erebh

Just out from the AP. This may be a protracted engagement. AP Article

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zoyd23
You must have some inside info about Assad's true nature as a cool, rational and considerate guy that would never want to be thought of as a devil...could you share this intimate information about Assad?

Yet, Assad slaughtering his own people is not devilish in any way?

You know what I call devilish? Sending extremists thugs into Syria to make the problem 1000 times worse. Put the blame on Assad all you want, anyone who has funded that opposition group has blood on their hands. Only small minded people would think otherwise.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoyd23

I didnt see anyone talk about Assad's personality in anyway nor did anyone mention knowing him personally. The press tell us these rebels are fed up with his policies and want change and all out rebellion is there only way - and you believe this? That normal Joe Soaps pissed off with the status quo can pull tanks and M16s out of their wardrobe and shoot down planes?

Play with me for a moment - suppose these "rebels" were CIA infiltrators sent in to cause havoc - to depose Assad for the reasons of oil, power, western banks, to keep the oil currency in dollars rather than Africa Gold Dinars (Gadaffi, Hussein etc) and Assad sent his troops out to kill these CIA infilltrators and restore the status quo that held before the so called arab spring. Would he have the right to do so?

The West are chomping at the bit to go in and kill Assad but the Russians and Chinese are holding it up... why? Do they feel guilty about watching the West do this to every other North African country in the last year or two?

What exactly has Assad done? Did he wake up one day with a mad hangover and send his army out to kill his own population? Do you think his army would do that? Would you?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by erebh

Star for that explanation... Thats exactly what I have thought all along.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IndianaJoe

that AP article says Russian made weaponry in Syria on its way to the Leb - so it's ok for the russians to drive missiles to Syria but not ok to pass them on to Lebannon. Are Lebannon banned from buying weapons or is Syria an easy target for Israel to stir up the whole Islamist Hornets Nest?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

it sickens me to think its true but I really do believe it - I have no idea what Assad was like 2 years ago - how his people were treated, what there lives were like etc but I did see normal everyday Syrians refuse to talk to BBC, Fox, CNN, AP because they told such bare faced lies - I have never seen Assad on Western news shows but have seen him on Russia Today - why is this? Why won't they tell his side of the story?

We all know why!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
lol Israel is just one of the ways and countries the military machine works through to gain a foothold and expand there out, also its a very convenient excuse for establishing many things. It was bound to happen sooner or later in fact the whole thing is way behind schedule and Syria among others have had targets painted on them for a long while, this is but the accumulation of years and years of mysterious happenstances. But ya, what do ya expect, this type of stuff has only been a happening for like... Well pretty much always.

"I am not afraid of an army of one hundred lions led by a sheep. I am afraid of army of 100 sheeps led by a lion." Alexander The Great...

Sums up how wars have been waged for ages pretty succinctly....Like dominos all stacked in a row, and people are surprised that one things always seems to lead to another, like they never heard of the law of cause and effect. Oh well, round and round we go.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join