Israel strikes Arms Depot near Damascus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by ErEhWoN

There's more than that to worry about,even with standoff weapons. The Syrians use the ZSU-23-4, which even with standoff weapons is a deadly piece of equipment that pilots still have great respect for. They also have about 10 ZSU-57-2 units in operation. The only other piece of equipment they have that I would be worried about as a pilot is the SA-17, which Syria also has.

Yes, Syrian defenses might not be the best in the world, but why risk pointing out where you are by leaving a huge contrail behind, and take a chance on losing an aircraft and possibly pilot? What's the point?

The other reason I say this isn't the IAF, is where is #4? The IAF trained in US tactics, that means even numbers of aircraft in each element, so that they have a wingman. They used 12 aircraft per raid, so 8 strike, 4 CAP. There are three in the video, where's four?

Totally agree- the video makes absolutely no sense to be the Israeli strike package. Wrong height, orbiting, contrails- all big no no's. My guess is the Israelis came in low and fast and came out the same way. I realise fuel is always an issue, but its not a particularly long distance back to the border, and coming in or leaving at mid to high altitude is asking for trouble no matter how good you think your jamming is. And yes, where is number 4?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Israel just plain doesn't care about sovereignty of other countries.

By hook or by Crook

Israel will getcha in the end.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I wonder how the WH/Obummer administration will justify intervention into this. You know it's coming!

*Enter AIPAC*

May God bless those Syrian/Israeli families that have nothing to do with elite's sick games.

The more time we give criminals in this Country is time lost to the innocent around the globe.

Lima-1, out.
edit on 31-1-2013 by OperationIraqiFailure because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OperationIraqiFailure

The "intervention" has failed, the time for action is at hand. The only choice, is to act to eliminate the threats, or to do nothing and cling to the hope that diplomacy can still work.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Perhaps it is because I don't understand the main drive behind this entire conflict at all... but has anyone else thought of this as senseless and stupid?

I've never been a fan of Israel, never have and never will. But don't they have enough resources to take care of themselves now? I mean really, their society requires compulsory military service, and they have one of the most prominent special forces that could be labelled in the world.

But maybe I'm just being irritable and grumpy? I haven't had much sleep lately.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
BEIRUT – Syria and Iran have threatened to retaliate for an Israeli air raid near the capital Damascus.
Syrian Ambassador to Lebanon Ali Abdul-Karim Ali says Damascus has "the option and the surprise to retaliate." He said he cannot predict when the retaliation will be, saying it is up to relevant authorities to prepare for it.
In Iran, the semi-official Fars news agency quoted Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian on Thursday as saying the raid on Syria will have significant implications for the Israeli city of Tel Aviv.
U.S. officials said Israel launched a rare airstrike inside Syria on Wednesday, targeting a convoy believed to contain anti-aircraft weapons bound for Hezbollah. The Syrian military denied the existence of any such shipment and said a scientific research facility outside Damascus was hit.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Transitarian
I mean really, their society requires compulsory military service, and they have one of the most prominent special forces that could be labelled in the world.
A short 46 second vid, that every American should see.

Israel doesn't need our help, sooo...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Its inevitable that US gets involved. We've told Israel over and over if they are attacked we'll be there. US wants Iran anyway and this should get them involved as well.

Eta. Meaning when they get counter attacked.
edit on 31-1-2013 by RightlyCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Oh please, only an ignoramus will believe the spiel coming from Damascus.

How long have envoys carrying Iranian weapons passed through Syrian territory unencumbered? Where are these weapons going? Answer: to Hezbollah. For what purpose? To attack Israelis.

Israel therefore has every right within the UN charter to thwart this triangular arms transfer between Iran, Syria and Lebanon so long as neither Syria nor Lebanon to anything to stop it.

And YES, OF COURSE, Syria will claim the untenable, that it was a "military research center" that was attacked, and not the far more likely, and plausible claim made by the Israelis, that it was yet another shipment of arms to Hezbollah.

Bought freaking time Israel did something about this.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

And what about the supply of military hardware coming from the USA to Israel, which is used to bomb Gaza and Lebanon? You're not advocating double-standards I hope?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

No Israel doesn't need our help, but we give it to them none the less...

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Israel have been funding Islamic Extremists in Syria let alone working along side them in some areas through the Mossad. Would you agree that Syria have every right to launch strikes against Israeli military targets which may pose a threat? How about dimona?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
21Jesus declared, “Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

John 4:21

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

This video is interesting. It's quite conceivable that drone aircraft are being used to deploy electronic countermeasures. The whole chem-trail phenomena may have been early testing of such a system. This video seems to show something very similar to what was witnessed in the skies over Damascus.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IndianaJoe

Oh dear god not this video again. He makes a lot of unverifiable conclusions just because he wants to. The first erroneous one is that 2000 feet vertical separation is a near miss. His second is that the FedEx flight didn't know they were there. But that's another thread, or several of them anyway.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I didn't post the video to reinforce commentators own theories but to show the similarity of the trails in both videos. I agree with you that those trails were not created by any jets which would drop armaments. Utilizing trails as a delivery system for electronic countermeasures dates back to WW2 and the use of chaff as a radar countermeasure. It seems viable that drones would be used to deploy a more advanced system of chaff to confuse enemy radar before a strike. Though not confirmed, it is possible that Syria has access to Russian S-400 anti aircraft missiles which are more than capable of downing any known plane in the Israeli arsenal. Other than the deployment of countermeasures what other reason could there be to create such trails over hostile airspace? The other explanation would be that they are Syrian jets being scrambled and ditching excess fuel in order to increase speed so they could intercept an incoming threat. I can't think of any reason for the circular rings shown in the Damascus video. Those rings seem similar to rings made when an airplane goes supersonic, but if that was the case they wouldn't be positioned the way they are. @ Zaphod58 you seem to be very knowledgeable on the subject do you have any ideas?
edit on 31-1-2013 by IndianaJoe because: Added additional comments

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
between this news, and other unrelated threads where people cant tell their arse and their elbow, ATS has kinda tested my resolve today.

while this news has depressed me and shaken the faith in humans that i try to keep as chipper as possible, thanks for sharing this.

as already said by others, this is most likely just the tip of the iceberg, one that i fell israel has been chomping at the bit to get stuck into for way too long, and ofc the US and UK govts couldnt give a fig about.

i feel sick
edit on 30-1-2013 by skalla because: typo/clarity

Well sir.....your post makes ME sick. So, in that regard, we're even.

There's a big difference between an arms depot and a 'military weapons research center', which the headline doesn't reflect.

Right now the Israelis are rushing to upgrade their gas masks in the event of a chemical or viral attack.

How do you feel about that? (Rhetorical question)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IndianaJoe

Chaff though is just small bundles, so it wouldn't leave a trail. I stand by my earlier theory that this was a Syrian Combat Air Patrol after the IAF strike. By orbiting high they get better radar coverage from their onboard radar, and don't have to rely on GCI that probably won't see the incoming aircraft until it's too late.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

What's causing the trail though, the planes have to be jettisoning something. Fuel? I doubt its moisture due to the dry environment and those do not look like regular trails made from atmospheric conditions. Note how they keep a consistent length. An advanced liquid counter measure that acts like regular chaff (which is really just bundled up aluminum foil) may be more effective as it would hang in the atmosphere longer.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join