It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel strikes Arms Depot near Damascus

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by erebh
reply to post by Zoyd23

I didnt see anyone talk about Assad's personality in anyway nor did anyone mention knowing him personally. The press tell us these rebels are fed up with his policies and want change and all out rebellion is there only way - and you believe this? That normal Joe Soaps pissed off with the status quo can pull tanks and M16s out of their wardrobe and shoot down planes?

Play with me for a moment - suppose these "rebels" were CIA infiltrators sent in to cause havoc - to depose Assad for the reasons of oil, power, western banks, to keep the oil currency in dollars rather than Africa Gold Dinars (Gadaffi, Hussein etc) and Assad sent his troops out to kill these CIA infilltrators and restore the status quo that held before the so called arab spring. Would he have the right to do so?

The West are chomping at the bit to go in and kill Assad but the Russians and Chinese are holding it up... why? Do they feel guilty about watching the West do this to every other North African country in the last year or two?

What exactly has Assad done? Did he wake up one day with a mad hangover and send his army out to kill his own population? Do you think his army would do that? Would you?

What exactly has Assad done, you ask. His father ordered and executed a vicious attack on the province of Hama.Hama Massacre Despite who you believe caused the massacre (reasonable minds may differ) 40,000 people were killed, mostly civilians. The scorched earth tactics employed by the regime are unjustifiable, even if some sort of retaliation was justifiable. Bashar, a dictator who was never credibly elected, took control of the regime in 2000 after the death of his father. The people of Syria were constantly promised free and open elections and a constitution that protected civil rights, naturally these things never game to fruition and the country was run like a tolitarian regime. For a history of human rights abuses Click Here.

Under Bashar the Syrian economy was in constant recession and the majority of wealth was garnered through government projects. Though the country is over 70% Sunni, the majority of wealth of the nation is held by the minority Alewite clan, not surprisingly Assad's own ethnic group. Nearly all government funding, access to education, and economic opportunity is linked to identifying culturally with the Assad family, or pledging a deep rooted allegiance to the regime. If you look at the numerous violations of civil rights you will see that free speech or any sense of juris prudence simply does not exist in Syria, its your classic dictatorship. Empowered by the success of peaceful demonstrations in Tunisia and Egypt which led to the overthrow of dictatorships in those countries the citizens of Syria demanded free and open elections.

As you hopefully know, the government response to these demonstrations was hiring Alewite militias to "disperse" the crows through acts of violence. Not willing to be intimidated peaceful protests continued for two months. At this juncture in time, most accounts suggest, that the military was ordered to disperse crowds through the use of lethal force. A large majority of Syrian soldiers refused to fire upon their fellow neighbors and large contingents of the regimes armed forces failed to show up for duty. Viewing this as an act of betrayal and a national security risk, the regime began to employ the use of heavy weapons, snipers, and brutal knife massacres in which women and children were raped, beheaded and sometimes set on fire, to punish those who disbanded from the army.

Fearing for their lives large numbers of military personnel decided to organize the Free Syrian Army and employ guerrilla tactics to defend against such attacks and protect demonstrations. This led to direct military confrontations with the standing army. More and more soldiers defected to the FSA side and brought with them tanks and other gear. At this point all kinds of wackos all over the middle east decided to join the fight some joining the FSA some joining the regime forces. The rest of the story is playing out daily before your eyes.

In conclusion, if you think this rebellion came out of nowhere, I suggest you read up on Syrian history. This revolution was almost inevitable, not surprising. If you think Assad is an angel who is a victim of circumstances you would probably get along well with hitler and stalin. I'm not saying that the rebels are the good guys because alot of them are not, and they have committed there own fair share of atrocities. The majority of the Syrian people are good freedom loving people and have been subjected to a brutal treatment for over 50 years by this selfish regime.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Good for Israel. They have a right to defend themselves and protect their sovereignty just like every other country in the world. The U.S. and U.K. have been holding Israel back for too long. I can only imagine if suicide bombers were popping up in London or Chicago how those countries would react. Israel should tell everyone screw you and protect their borders and citizens.

It's my opinion that the reason the middle east is such a powder keg is because the West has meddled in their affairs for far too long. Nobody has been able to establish themselves as the Alpha. Let them duke it out. Sure there will be bloody noses, but these boys have been itching to go at it for a long, long time. They are all willing participants in whatever war may come. Let the middle east establish it's own balance of power while the rest of the world stays out of it. (I guess that won't happen though. Too many dollars at stake over this- or so we're led to believe.)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

You're absolutely right. Israel has to defend their ever-expanding borders.

And protect themselves from those time-travelling suicide bombers from 2008.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Israel can go around and do whatever it wants, but if Syria did the same thing?

Such a joke.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59
Israel can go around and do whatever it wants, but if Syria did the same thing?

Such a joke.

Don't worry, big bad Obama will condemn Israel, I mean Syria for for even contemplating a retaliation.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

We did it because of the Cold War. Either we got to em, or the Russians did. Now we are in Cold War 2.0. If we pull funding and stop meddling they are going to side with whoever gives them money. We are also paying them tribute for being non Muslims.

So, we meddle for the interest of the West, or we let the East meddle, and take over.
edit on 31-1-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
We, the West / civil society, really need to bite the bullet and extricate ourselves from the talons of oil dependence and let these desert shít-holes, collectively know as the Middle-Wast, raze themselves to the ground.

There is no solution or compromise with centuries ingrained ideology. These Neanderthal- like tribes will forever be at war for the sake of their respective god delusions and related geographical disputes. We cannot hope to reconcile these eternally opposing forces and only risk dragging ourselves into the "holy wars" these deranged, backward troglodytes so crave.

Just look at Libya and Egypt- did our assistance bear peaceful, democratic and egalitarian fruits there? Iraq? Afghanistan?

It sounds glib and dismissive but, sincerely, kill 'em all and let their gods sort them out.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg59

Lol. You, sir. This site is so anti Israel if Syria did this you'd be running around trying to find reasons its ok. If I was to post something as to Israel helpings Arabs you would try your hardest to debunk it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Good example would be Palestinians running to Israel for medical help. You'll never see that here though.

ETA. From sickness and diseases. Not counter strikes that cause civilian death because these "warriors" hide behind citizens. Attack me in my home and I guarantee you'll be moving out of yours? Or you can always let me rape your wife and daughter and pillage your home. If shiria law did take place all these regime internet followers.."referring to y'all that support Syria and Iran" would be crying for your wife's and country's life. Get real. This Koran thumping isn't working anymore.
edit on 31-1-2013 by RightlyCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Syria can't even defeat the rebels so how the heck are they gonna defeat israel, the second most powerful military in the world? I bet they jammed their ground radars to kingdom come and the article confirms it. Electronic warfare at its best.

I am not sure why israel would attack any syrian target and create more hate for itself. Does not make sense. And people wonder why everyone hates them.

I personally stopped supporting israel a long time ago. They do not deserve any sympathy and have themselves to blame for anything that happens to them from now on.

America should definitely stay out of it. We have too many domestic problems to take care off, such as disarming the populace of their god given second amendment. We also have a big debt created by the zionist central bankers.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightlyCurious
reply to post by Heisenberg59

Lol. You, sir. This site is so anti Israel if Syria did this you'd be running around trying to find reasons its ok. If I was to post something as to Israel helpings Arabs you would try your hardest to debunk it.

Nobody loves syria or iran.

They just hate israel, and for good reason.

Third line.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
look please.

We re dealing here with 2 illegal states - one invention named 'israel' and the other 'syria '.

And they are fabricated to ' have a conflict '.

since 1900 , leaders were changed and others put in position,
up untill the point that the leader of 'syria ' declared ' the israelis to be brothers forever ' .

But that regime was dethroned
why?
because one needs to fabricate ' enemies ' ...right ?

its so fake
so fake
so fabricated

and im so , so tired of the obvious fake

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
the secret here,
= the reason WHY this [concocted] 'war ' with syria is happening,
is because its an Okkult Ritual.

[ let me get my breathe first ]

and yes im deeply hurt for the refugee children
who survive in wintercold ancient Roman dead cities

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
im sorry for the ATS ers who refuse to believe Scripture
because they will always be Off in interpreting the world
and ever fail to understand the context of why things are happening as they happen.

now trust me -
im not saying here that ' i do know '
but im merely try to find a suitable way of thinking, for ALL OF US,
one, that makes sense,
but yes it requires a certain point of vieuw, an angle of looking at things.

now

theres written that ' a star, named bitter, fell upon the earth ' right?
These things are written about satan -
so he will do ánything to disarm those events:
meaning, he will cause a literal event to have those attributes,
and in this case, the event he caused was 'chernobyl ' meaning ' bitter ' .

This is the nature of occult Rituals.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The very same he s doing here.
You need to know that ' assyria ', and perticularly 'damascus', is the holder of the keys to Eden.

or better: evil holds the key to eden, and its represant is assyria/damascus.
literally it writes ' the sceptre of eden is in damascus'.

This means, that the key to the NEW eden, is blocked by 'damascus',
and damascus has ' bars of iron ', indicating fallen angels power,
because iron = fallen angels power.

now, He says He will ' break those bars of iron '
meaning: unlock the keys to the new eden

but what satan does ?
- he causes a literal [ fabricated] ' war ' with damascus
in order to UNDO the word He said

or better:
to mimick it, and give it a worldly meaning
[ like the chernobyl thing]
[ or like the gulf of mexico oil spill]

so
all of the souls, who suppórt this hoax war,
also support the Ritual behind it
...and close themselves [ and humanity] off for reaching Eden

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Iran will stay out of this mess. There's no way they're getting involved because they know they'd lose. Iran is too busy launching monkeys into space and banning freedom in their country.

What will happen is Israel will perform maybe a couple more airstrikes and Syria might respond by trying to shoot them down, but it won't go much further than that. Syria is a doomed country and they know it. Assad is probably getting ready his escape vehicle right now. Maybe it'll be like the one Dr. Evil had. I think it was a rocket? Not sure how Assad plans to live on the Moon, but he's got a chance. Either way, whether he makes it or not, he had it coming. He could have stopped.

So basically it's just another day in the middle east. Warmish and breezy with a chance of explosions and gunfire. Go back 1000 years or more and it's the same kind of stuff.

War in the middle east is like rain in a rainforest.
edit on 1-2-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
this is what i have gleaned from neutral sources

the convoy included al qods heirachy (Iran SF, external) with hezbollah and assad leaders.

its well known hezbollah had taken a hands on role in damascus, training the shabiha (syrian militia)

such a convoy would be target rich indeed

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Iran could rain missiles on Israel that would make the Iron Dome look like a worthless piece of scrap metal. Don't you think for one second Iran cannot defend itself. They are not a bunch of pussies, they will fight to the last man like any country would if their existence was threatened...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

And when they take care of Israel they will kill all the infidels,and guess what.Thats you and me.

Second line

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
realized whose it rebels?gangs blueblood international killers and provokators

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join