It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel strikes Arms Depot near Damascus

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightlyCurious
How does this get taken off front page, but a post about peanut butter proving evolution theory is wrong is on there???

Look around where you are. Then re ask yourself that question.

I hope the IDF levels Syria.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

I don't really trust Debka much. I'm trying to figure out where a MiG-31 would come from in that area. The only place it could have come from would be Syria, who has been in on again off again talks with Russia to buy some. Russia keeps non-denying the sale, but they don't have any bases in the region that it could have come from. It's been rumored that the MiG-31s would go to Iran, and the MiG-29s would stay in Syria.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
to dont really

i may have made this point already but what does it matter with regards the true target of the strike? So what if they were delivering weapons outside the country? Should Texas be bombed if a truck is delivering weapons to Mexico?

The point is: if a country wants to bomb another country, it needs to get UN permission - Israel didnt.

Russia and Iran said they'd back up Syria at a moment's notice - they both chickened out... I wonder why... who are the Jews paying off? Why are the muslims taking it? And why are the US completely schtum?

link   

Originally posted by lnfideI

Good for you..

link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by erebh
Siirc

Did I read that right? A russian plane headed for Israel, was warned to turn back? And it did turn back? Oh yeah, real show of strength Putin....

Whatever dude, unlike Israel, Russia may respect something called Borders.

It's so funny how you try to present yourself as knowledgeable.

Forget the fact that no country in human history has invaded more countries than the Russians have. And yet you have the lunacy to say "russia respects national borders" - the irony is hilarious...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Peanut butter/evolution isn't a conspiracy.

Looks like all the revolutions are adding up to WW3.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I thought this website was about denying ignorance through analytically discussing and questioning the issues of the day. It's a shame to see this conversation break down into hateful diatribes based on personal opinions, that grossly oversimplify a complex geo-political issue. If you hate or love Israel, your entitled to your opinion. Quoting scripture (or defaming it) to assert some kind of moral dominance, attacking peoples nationalities, and pontificating on mere conjecture and un-testable hypotheses without a shred of proof to support your hypotheses is on its face, IGNORANT. It's a shame that this website has turned into a political soundboard which no longer embraces rational discussion by encouraging the offering of ideas so that they may be exchanged and examined in a non hostile productive fashion. You can disagree but still be respectful and open minded, which is what I thought the point of this board was.
edit on 31-1-2013 by IndianaJoe because: parens

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by erebh

funny ,what you said about obama using up his money to make calls today.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IndianaJoe

I think the issues are getting too close to home and people are panicing thats the feeling I get that " fear" is setting in, and due to this they arent able to kinda step back and look broadly at the situation.

But also we never get the full news .. so its also hard to express an opinion on something you have few facts about. Yeah, there is a sense that people defend their opinions too much. Its like relax were all here to find the truth not preach " our truth"
edit on 31-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'd rather sit back and watch Israel stew in their own mess. The last thing we need is another war in the Mid-East we can't afford with an already taxed out army.

Unless we implement the draft like during 'Nam, America at best should cut Israel's precious umbilical cord with us and say "tough luck, you're on your own." We have our own problems here at home that we should pay more attention to.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
totally agree with Indiana joe - I too thought this site was about looking behind the headlines - I asked these questions already but hey ho:

Why have Russia and Iran backed down from their protction of Syria stance

Why are the West so pro israel?

Why havent we heard a peep from the Whitehouse?

What aren't they telling us?

I don't care about anyone's politics on Israel but I would like to know what's really going on and this site should be a sound board for bright and dark theories

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI
Look around where you are. Then re ask yourself that question.

I kinda hope you get your wish,
then Syria gives those WMD a new Home,
would solve the Problems in the ME.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

I think the issues are getting too close to home and people are panicing thats the feeling I get that " fear" is setting in, and due to this they arent able to kinda step back and look broadly at the situation.

But also we never get the full news .. so its also hard to express an opinion on something you have few facts about. Yeah, there is a sense that people defend their opinions too much. Its like relax were all here to find the truth not preach " our truth"
edit on 31-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

The fact that we never get the full news, is why rational discussion is so important. For instance, I was "scared" that Israel was employing countermeasures in order to prepare for of a prolonged air campaign over the next few days. Zaphod posted and suggested that the evidence I used to support my theory was based on some fallacies. After a brief exchange, with someone clearly knowledgeable on the subject I personally reached the conclusion that my fears were unwarranted when closely examined. I didn't need the main stream media to tell me exactly happened (this post has enough information to put together a fairly accurate chain of events of what went down) or how I should believe. I was able to reach my own conclusion through discussion. It's a good thing when you can do that over the internet with a bunch of like minded strangers.
edit on 31-1-2013 by IndianaJoe because: none

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This'll add to the thread.

Defense Secretary nominee.Chuck Hagel.
www.foxnews.mobi...

The interviews were played by Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, hours into Hagel's questioning on Capitol Hill at an already-tense hearing. Cruz then confronted the former Nebraska senator over the tape.

Of the Israel interview, Cruz said: "The caller suggests that the nation of Israel has committed war crimes, and your response to that was not to dispute that characterization." He then asked Hagel directly whether he thinks Israel has committed war crimes.

"No, I do not," Hagel said, while saying he wanted to see the "full context" of the interview.

Eta
So us it war crimes or is it not?
Playing the field in different situations. Even when confronted with audio of what he says he flips.
edit on 31-1-2013 by RightlyCurious because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2013 by RightlyCurious because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I agree, but there will always be irrational people.So dont worrys

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
so does anyone have any theories? straight up or completely outragous?

I'm just watching question time here on bbc1 which for those of you who don't know - its the BBCs flagship show re: questions of the day - on it they have a comedian called Dom Jolly - when asked teh question - should the French be in Mali his answer was "I can't believe the French are involved in any war" to ruptourous laughter from both the "esteemed" panel and the audience.

This is how dumbed down UK TV is - these are the shows on UK TV which are meant to inform us, US shows tell lies, UK shows laugh it off

This could be the only place we have to "investigate" possibilities of what's really going on

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Bible prophecy coming to fruition soon?

Isa 17:1 THE burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Today would be a great day to be driven nigh to Jesus Christ of Nazareth. The day is at hand....

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
dissent from day one - WTF? think you're on the wrong site dude - bibleforum can be found at bibleforum.com

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by erebh
so does anyone have any theories? straight up or completely outragous?

I'm just watching question time here on bbc1 which for those of you who don't know - its the BBCs flagship show re: questions of the day - on it they have a comedian called Dom Jolly - when asked teh question - should the French be in Mali his answer was "I can't believe the French are involved in any war" to ruptourous laughter from both the "esteemed" panel and the audience.

This is how dumbed down UK TV is - these are the shows on UK TV which are meant to inform us, US shows tell lies, UK shows laugh it off

This could be the only place we have to "investigate" possibilities of what's really going on

Theories about what? Syria, The Middle East? Mali and the French? Question time?
edit on 31-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join