Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

3 year old restrained by mom in order to get a tattoo.

page: 3
15
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity
 


Please do tell me what bias I am assuming to judge her? I'm sure you must know that this is considered child abuse right? As far as being saintly parent. My son is my world and I would never put him in a harmful situation such as this ever.




posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i
 

I have four tattoos but that is not only irrelevant but totally outside of the scope of this discussion.

Aside from the possibly cultural, here's another possible reason the child is being tattooed. Like I said...a lot of people tend to ignorantly judge first and be rational later. Pity.


It is unclear as to whether this is common practice within the family’s culture, or if it is part of a UNICEF documentary as suggested by viewer Brittany Paul:

"It is actually part of a 45 minute UNICEF video on child trafikking. This is an incredibly common practice in countries where children are abducted and sold into the sex and drug trade. The practice of branding allows the child to be returned to their families in the event that they are rescued. Children are often taken before they are old enough to know common identifiers about themselves and before this practice would frequently end up in the Foster care system.

www.inquisitr.com...


Maybe outside your realm of thinking but a very real possibility in some places.



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightlyCurious
reply to post by ~Lucidity
 


You should be sterilized. Its her child anyway? A kid is a person not property dirt bag

Eta I'm done with this thread so you can keep your foolish views and comments to yourself
edit on 28-1-2013 by RightlyCurious because: (no reason given)


I must have gotten to you
Ad homs are so fun.

My view is not yours so therefore it is foolish. Proves my point pretty well.
edit on 1/28/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
reply to post by ~Lucidity
 


Please do tell me what bias I am assuming to judge her? I'm sure you must know that this is considered child abuse right? As far as being saintly parent. My son is my world and I would never put him in a harmful situation such as this ever.


Your own bias. Child abuse where? How do you know this is harmful?



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by w810i
 

I have four tattoos but that is not only irrelevant but totally outside of the scope of this discussion.

Aside from the possibly cultural, here's another possible reason the child is being tattooed. Like I said...a lot of people tend to ignorantly judge first and be rational later. Pity.


It is unclear as to whether this is common practice within the family’s culture, or if it is part of a UNICEF documentary as suggested by viewer Brittany Paul:

"It is actually part of a 45 minute UNICEF video on child trafikking. This is an incredibly common practice in countries where children are abducted and sold into the sex and drug trade. The practice of branding allows the child to be returned to their families in the event that they are rescued. Children are often taken before they are old enough to know common identifiers about themselves and before this practice would frequently end up in the Foster care system.

www.inquisitr.com...


Maybe outside your realm of thinking but a very real possibility in some places.


Actually based off of your prior comment about the child being restrained and that being the reason for his screaming then the fact you have ink you should be well aware that a 3 yr old's pain threshold is no were remotely close to an adults so yes its entirely relevant to the subject at hand. It was suggested it was part of a UNICEF video however it was not confirmed as a search of the videos showed nothing like this so good try.



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I wonder if he got some sweet skulls.



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Lol had to come back for this one. Considering I have one on my chest,back of neck and both arms covered. The intense pain and bleeding while getting. The intense scabing during the healing process. Not abuse enough for you? Tell me your point of abuse then.



OT. You know the definition of a troll is to derail/cause emotional response in a thread. You can only empower a troll by continuing to contribute to their idiotic posts. You need to re think your vision on life. I'm sorry you think all this is fun and games. With that I'm done. With you at least. I'll post replies to reasonable posts.



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity
 


Seriously...are you retarded or just a troll?? Let's see "mistreatment of child: severe mistreatment of a child by a parent, guardian, or other adult responsible for his or her welfare, e.g. physical violence, neglect, sexual assault, or emotional cruelty"

Ya that sums up exactly what that video and article refer too.



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i
 


All that all of my comments have done were show that there are many more possibilities than the ones the lemmings leap to. They are not necessarily all of the same argument. What you view as a horror (eating a dog, perhaps) others may not.



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
reply to post by ~Lucidity
 


Seriously...are you retarded or just a troll?? Let's see "mistreatment of child: severe mistreatment of a child by a parent, guardian, or other adult responsible for his or her welfare, e.g. physical violence, neglect, sexual assault, or emotional cruelty"

Ya that sums up exactly what that video and article refer too.

So apparently you've decided that this act fits one of more of these examples?

And now I'm retarded or a troll because I am disagreeing with your stated judgement and/or opinion based on the given (few) facts and the fact that in this age people are so easily inflamed and led by snippets of videos and viral stories and do not take the time to consider other possibilities are all.



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity
 


Many possibilities? You parroted the response that was already stated on page one, and the fact you are severely limited in your grasp of what child neglect is. Regardless of where it happens in the world.



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i
 

This is neglect? Again, by whose definition?

I am simply not ready to make judgement and pronounce penalty based on a story with very little background. For all we know these were human traffickers placing their mark on a child and not the child's mother at all.

Yes. Possibilities.
edit on 1/28/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Originally posted by w810i
reply to post by ~Lucidity
 


Seriously...are you retarded or just a troll?? Let's see "mistreatment of child: severe mistreatment of a child by a parent, guardian, or other adult responsible for his or her welfare, e.g. physical violence, neglect, sexual assault, or emotional cruelty"

Ya that sums up exactly what that video and article refer too.

So apparently you've decided that this act fits one of more of these examples?

And now I'm retarded or a troll because I am disagreeing with your stated judgement and/or opinion based on the given (few) facts and the fact that in this age people are so easily inflamed and led by snippets of videos and viral stories and do not take the time to consider other possibilities are all.



mistreatment of child: severe mistreatment of a child by a parent, guardian, or other adult responsible for his or her welfare, e.g. physical violence,

A tattoo on a 3 year old child fits that to a T. I suppose now your going to claim that a 3 yr old child getting a tattoo is no big deal neither physically or mentally damaging right?? I asked if you were retarded or a troll because you seem to lack any reasonable grip on what a parent shouldn't do to a child.



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity
 


Go out on the street and ask 10 people if they think a 3 yr old getting a tattoo is considered wanton neglect by their parents or guardians. I'd bet you the majority of people would agree that it is abuse.



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i
 


I say let him live in ignorance. You are wasting "breath" trying to talk sense into him. I feel sorry for his kids as obviously he doesn't see this as child abuse I can only imagine the bruises on that kid. They like to hide behind masks online when they're cowards in person.



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by retirednature
 

Here's another possibility...

I was thinking along those lines before even going to read the article (link posted in OPs post)... why would anyone want to tattoo a child? And a few things came to mind, one of them beig for safety.

If I had a child - would I have the child tattooed? Of course not! But then again, I live in the UK. If I lived somewhere else in the world (they suspect the video coming from Cuba, but I see no proof of where it actually came from), where there was a high chance of my child being kidnapped (for reasons I'd rather not think of), then I might think completely different. If it would give me a chance of getting my child back? Or maybe even to help stop the kidnapping in the first place... well, then I might be inclinded to having my child suffer a tattoo, in the hope to spare much worse future suffering.

Anyway.. I got derailed... the article had a link to a much worse story, where a father had chewed off pieces of his daughters face... suddenly the tattooing didn't seem so bad anymore.

I hope the child in question is safe, and that his parent had good reason... if not... well, then that's just horrible... but atleast he's got his whole face, and after having read about that, atleast that's something.



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So, is the circumcision of infants abuse? I don't remember anyone asking me if I wanted my genitals "altered." I'm not trying to be funny. I'm actually expecting my first son in 5 months. Tattooing a child for aesthetic reasons is abhorrent and definitely abuse.
edit on 1/28/2013 by BishopNGreen because: Finished my thought...



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BishopNGreen
So, is the circumcision of infants abuse? I don't remember anyone asking me if I wanted my genitals "altered"

In my eyes: Yes.

People just accept it beacuse it's common. A piece of the penis is being cut off for goodness sake!!! There's nothing "normal" about it - people don't just go and slice off unwanted body parts of people. *shudders* And neither do I personally think it's right to pierce holes in young children bodyparts... like the ear. Who's to say what will be the fad in 100 years time? A belly button ring on little kiddies???



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
That is awful. Wow. Child Services?



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by aspiechick
 


Ya the other piece about the little girl getting her lips and nose chewed off is far worse.
edit on 28-1-2013 by w810i because: (no reason given)






top topics



 
15
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join