It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 year old restrained by mom in order to get a tattoo.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Personally I'd say Child Abuse may be a thing defined by those seeing it and committing it....at times. To some, simply spanking a child is criminal abuse. To others, mere harsh words are defined as abuse.

However, I think this case transcends what we need to think very hard on or use much judgement to make the call on.

The child is far too young to even joke about consent, let alone informed consent. I mean, that's just plain silly to even suggest, so it's moot for that factor. The pain being inflicted is obvious and plain even for those who have not experienced the 'price' of receiving a tattoo. It's painful enough and strongly enough against the will of the child that she has to hold down this 3yr old and fight a bit to accomplish it.

How anyone could look upon that and with those conditions and NOT see it as abuse is beyond my comprehension. If the infliction of pain upon someone unable to resist, get away or say no....forcefully done against their will and for an extended period isn't abuse? What line would you see that set at?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

OOOOOO.......actually watched the video......now I want to find that sick, twisted (insert appropriate term here), and see how she likes being held down and having a tattoo forced on her. Maybe something like, "I am a stupid, evil (bleep)", in several languages, on her face and arms. Worse, all those other people were there, and acted like this was all fine with them??? What the blue blazes is WRONG with those people?

....and I thought I was mad the one time in a customer service line, when the jerk in front of us kept punching the arm of his little girl. Wanted to flatten him, but settled for security. Should have called the cops, though, because the IDIOTS in the store, even though they have cameras, did nothing. Probably a good thing I didn't see that one in the parking lot.....would have ended up arrested myself. People that abuse kids really tick me off.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

This makes me sick, sad, angry... Just a whole bunch of feelings I hate feeling about little children who are being hurt by adults... If I had my way, and if i was in the same room with the mom and tattoo artist, both of them would be put down..... Not trying to sound like some idiot trying to act hard, but when you hurt a kid, I look to hurt you worse...

I honestly wish I had a way to find these two people.....

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Why are you all judging?

This is the parent this child got. And the child belongs to the parent, who will raise the child as she sees fit, no matter how fit or unfit you, based on your own value systems, judge her to be..You're always going to like some things parents do to their children and not like others, but you have no right to judge or interfere unless a child's life is being threatened.

You can posture and gasp and be appalled and spout about this all day long, but the bottom line is that it's not your kid and not your business. It's nobody's business but the child's mother's.

I'd venture to say at least half the people posting judgmental things here are the same ones that scream bloody murder about government infringing on their "rights" yet seem to be advocating just that...or worse, as in maybe a vigilante posse...here.

By the way, my kid screamed bloody murder through his first five haircuts. He also screamed bloody murder to get his ear pierced at 6 and then screamed during it. Guess he should have been taken from me eh?

This was a small tattoo, and for all you know, the kid will love it too.

But hey, judge away!

Holy crap... I've just awarded you retarded post of the decade for ATS.....CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Bring on my sentence ATS mods, I will take the negative points for T&C violations but this fool who I replied to deserves this type of response for their response to the OP and the rest of the people in this thread, WITH A HEART......

This is CHILD ABUSE you________________ (fill the blank).... So a parent can harm a kid all they want as long as they don't put their life in danger???

I take it VERY personal when people defend BLATANT CHILD ABUSE

Comparing a haircut to a tattoo???? Shaking MY DAMN HEAD

edit on 29-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

This is my opinion... But I even think when moms get their babies ears pierced is just.... I don't know the word I'm looking for.....
They aren't baby dolls, that's a baby, that can't say no, I don't want my ears pierced.

I feel the same way! And outside of the fact I am not religious, I also don't support circumcision for those reasons.

It's strange anyone gives any body modifications to children before old enough to consent and know it's what they want... so bizarre. Couple that with the pain aspect! Lots of people don't seem to be bothered by inflicting pain on children. I don't believe in the need for it at all (pertaining to discipline as well). Any ways that bits off topic.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I couldn't watch 5 seconds of that video without thinking of my son, and choking up
Sick world we live in
As far as the retard saying who are we to judge, claiming he had 4 tattooes himself, I think he's a flat out lying, living in mommas basement, sucking on Cheetos, playing world of warcraft, fat balding slob of a troll

Quick quote this before the mods snip it!!!

You fail loser,, you don't have a single tattoo, your mom probably told you no.
I have a rather large tattoo, and it took 3 hours in the chair to have it done and insure as hell wasn't fun, and I'm an adult with a pretty good threshold for pain
edit on 1/29/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

This really does break my heart. The mother is definitely out of her mind. The tattoo artist should also have action taken against him.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Originally posted by w810i
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Please do tell me what bias I am assuming to judge her? I'm sure you must know that this is considered child abuse right? As far as being saintly parent. My son is my world and I would never put him in a harmful situation such as this ever.

Your own bias. Child abuse where? How do you know this is harmful?

Dear Lucidity
Besides all the obvious reasons that you fail to intelligently understand that this is wrong . Do you think that in a country with such poverty and embargo that the local tattoo shop uses fresh and new needles all the time .And that he uses safe unleaded inks and not the kind you make from burning shoe rubber when in a pinch?
edit on 29-1-2013 by papazen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
At least it's reversible later in life. The hypocrisy of the outrage here bothers me. How many of you circumcised your sons or are circumcised? There you go.

American moral outrage is so selective

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
This just absolutely sickens me. I'm a heavily tattooed person as you can see in my avator and I would never consider giving my little boy a tattoo not too mention restraining him in order for said tattoo to be applied. It is just beyond appalling.

I'm covered in ink as well, and this is wrong. You can't force a child to get a tattoo. Yes, they hurt, especially for someone that young!? By the time he is a teenager that tat will be a misshaped colorless blob cause he is a growing kid. I think this women needs to be dealt with accordingly. Not only is it straight up abusive to hold a child down for a tattoo for many reasons, but I believe it's something that must be your choice when you are an adult. Never hated anyone for having them, never will for not having them. It's all a personal choice which this unlucky kid didn't get to make.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
OK I am a little torn. There seem to be good points on both sides. On one hand I have 2 babies who are the loves of my life and I would NEVER do something like that to them. Not as things are now. HOWEVER... (and this is a BIG stretch) IF (HUGE IF!!!) it was for their safety as in the Unicef explanation then I would be the first in line. Sorry, but I would rather them have a little mark on them like my social in tiny numbers somewhere like the bottom of their foot so that they could be found and brought back to me instead of losing them forever.

Most of us in the United States that have children abuse our children from day one. We take them in and stab them with lethal doses of mercury (among other unknown ingredients) beginning on the day they are born and continue regularly as they grow up in the form of "required vaccines". Do our children ask or sign a consent to be stabbed multiple times in one visit? Many people (including myself) believe that this is a major reason of Autism. Do our children ask for that risk to be passed to them. Do they ask for the unknown long term effects of the vaccines? No but "it is for their own good".

My son, at one month old (exactly) was in the hospital for a rare condition called pyloric stenosis. He was slowly starving to death because nothing could pass his stomach. For 3 days he was not allowed to eat by mouth because he had "something" on his lungs. Presumed to be pneumonia. The anesthesiologist refused to touch him until it was gone. So for 3 days he got nothing by mouth (how do you tell your one month old they can't have a bottle for 3 days??!) and was pumped full of antibiotics that were so strong they shut his vein down within a couple hours and had to be re-stuck. It took 2 nurses and myself all LAYING ON him wrapped in a blanket to hold down a 1 month old so a 3rd nurse could re-stick him. Was this entire paragraph full of child abuse? I only did it to save his life. I hated doing it. At the time it killed him (or appeared to be by those outside the situation) I know it killed me while it was happening. But he couldn't remember it now if I somehow had recorded it all and showed it to him now. But it was the end of the world as he knew it then.

To date he has had this surgery, tubes in his ears, surgery to remove the hernia (nope still there... went under the knife for nothing...) that was caused by the first surgery, and having his arm cut open and packed and a nice hospital stay for 3 days for a staph infection.... For each of the 4 he was given children's tylenol because "children do not feel pain like adults do". I completely considered this total BS from the medical community as I knew better as a mother. Totally biased in that of course. But IDK he didn't seem to be miserable as I would have been after each of these. So maybe they knew better? Still say they should have helped him a little more than tylenol.

IDK what is wrong but it sucks to be a parent and know your child is suffering needlessly. I certainly hope that the mother had a darn good reason for doing it and that it wasn't just more crap from the way we have all allowed, either by action or inaction, society to become.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I can understand some reason why a parent would do this. If my child was deathly allergic to some kind of substance i could see them getting a tattoo to reflect that. I could also see it as a way to identify them and have them sent home to me if they were lost, however as I live in USA this would seem to be excessive for our surroundings.

However, equating this to a haircut or pierced ears is wrong. My daughter had her ears pierced at 1. Our thinking was that she could have them pierced and when she gets older and all of the other girls want them pierced she can fit in and not have to go through the pain (she wont remember it at 1), or that she could go through the pain for a second piercing on her ears if she was feeling left out. If they choose not to have pierced ears then they can just take them out later on and the hole will close up. The pain is minimal and nothing is permanent. A tattoo however is painful and (for all intents and purposes) is permanent. On top of that the child is 3 and could very well remember this traumatic experience into adolescence. A child screaming through a haircut is not child abuse. A child crying from pierced ears is not child abuse. A child receiving a tattoo without some sort of justification IS child abuse, especially at the age of 3 when they CANNOT consent. I am not usually the type to judge, however unless the circumstances merited a tattoo for the safety of the child then I personally believe that the parent should get a similar treatment (if it were to scale with the child's treatment them imo it would be a branding) and be forced to go to parenting classes. I do not believe that the child should be taken away as this could have been a one time mistake.

I will not rage against you like most of the others, but I disagree with some of what you said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join