It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-61C Astronaut Snaps Pics Of Huge Black Triangle UFO In Space!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

maybe NASA are trying to reveil something to the public but covering it up by saying debris to avoid military removal.

This is the same NASA that constantly stands accused of lying and manipulation , now they're trying to out the military ... I don't think so .

Makes sense if you think about i

What makes sense is that it is just one of the many hundreds of pieces of space junk out there and NASA have hosted this and the other pictures in the public domain because there is nothing to hide , it is what it is .

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Fair point

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

I wonder
why an astronaut spends time taking pictures of debris and NASA takes time to publish it? After all theres thousands and thousands of debris...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

If you read the thread you will find your answer , here it is .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-1-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yes. You're right I didn't read it before post. My fault. Sometimes, after all the testimonials that we have heard from credible sources (military, astronauts, aviation pilots, policeman’s, communities..) of strange anomalies in the skies... I don't believe that all this time NASA didn't see anything...

So it is normal to have doubts from an institution that is at space and knows about it, for a long time...

So all the explanations for this could be BS or true... When NASA starts to show all the censured material that they have ... I start to believe more in some explanations...

edit on 24-1-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I'm not totally sold on it yet, but I'll wait to make judgement. All I know is that thing must be HUGE whatever it is.

As Will Rogers warned, it ain't what you don't know what makes you look like a fool, it's what you DO know what ain't so.

How "huge" would five inches across be to the sized ufonauts you might imagine were on board?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinrad
If it was debris would they have allowed the ISS to be so close to it?

Your fundamental problem seems to be in implicit assumptions that are just lousy guesses.

ISS? You have the WRONG spacecraft.

"Allow so close"? Since it came OFF the shuttle involved, it's original range was ZERO. How can you not be close at least for awhile?

***SNIP***

Mod Edit: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 1/24/2013 by Blaine91555 because: Rude comment removed.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alienoid
Is ATSers that dumb that they cannot differentiate between a tile and a Triangle ?
My brain freezed and my logic stopped at a point when one of the members suggested that triangle was piece of a tile

***SNIP***

Before freaking out over apparently anomalous stuff out the spaceship window, I recommend familiarizing yourself with what is 'normal' in space -- I try to summarize it in my "99 FAQs About 'Space UFOs';. here: www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html

Mod Edit: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 1/24/2013 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Is ATSers that dumb that they cannot differentiate between a tile and a Triangle ?
My brain freezed and my logic stopped at a point when one of the members suggested that triangle was piece of a tile

Sounds like your brain froze long before that.

Before freaking out over apparently anomalous stuff out the spaceship window, I recommend familiarizing yourself with what is 'normal' in space -- I try to summarize it in my "99 FAQs About 'Space UFOs';. here: www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html

You need to get over yourself. Thinking you have all the answers and insulting those who think differently than you is immature and petty.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33

You need to get over yourself. Thinking you have all the answers and insulting those who think differently than you is immature and petty.

People who tell you how smart you are to accuse all the NASA folks as liars, are not your friends. It may feel good believing it, but it's make-believe 'intelligence'.

A little slapping around once and awhile is 'tough love'. Respond positively to it.

Face it -- I do know a lot more about spaceflight than you do. A whole lot more. Live with that.

...and take ADVANTAGE of it. Check out my '99 FAQs', seriously.

If you feel insulted by that, it's your own self-imposed ignorance that's doing it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
it looks like a squashed space bug on the windshield, doesn`t the space station have windshield wipers?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Question for all the HUGE believers how do you know its HUGE you have no real reference, how far is it from the camera 50ft 200ft 1000ft YOU have no information to gauge a size.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by spacedoubt

Remember film?

I'm not sure.

How do you pronounce it?

Feeeeeelim It was used in the archaic times to capture images on a strip of plastic like substance that could then be projected onto magical paper and be put into frames. It fell out of widespread usage with the advent of the "phonecam" sometime in the late 20th century, although some historians continue to believe that it's used in secret still for arcane ritualistic ceremonies..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Without knowing the distance it's hard to really say what it is.
The easiest and most logical explanation is that it is debris from any one of a hundred man made things.

3). How many orbital debris are currently in Earth orbit?
More than 21,000 orbital debris larger than 10 cm are known to exist. The estimated population of particles between 1 and 10 cm in diameter is approximately 500,000. The number of particles smaller than 1 cm exceeds 100 million.

Here is the rest of the article from NASA orbitaldebris.jsc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by voyger2

I wonder
why an astronaut spends time taking pictures of debris and NASA takes time to publish it? After all theres thousands and thousands of debris...

Because this is thought to be debris that fell off of the shuttle itself (a piece of tile or gap-filler). I think pieces of tile falling off of the shuttle would warrant at least some investigation by NASA.

edit on 1/24/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33

People who tell you how smart you are to accuse all the NASA folks as liars, are not your friends. It may feel good believing it, but it's make-believe 'intelligence'.

A little slapping around once and awhile is 'tough love'. Respond positively to it.

Face it -- I do know a lot more about spaceflight than you do. A whole lot more. Live with that.

...and take ADVANTAGE of it. Check out my '99 FAQs', seriously.

If you feel insulted by that, it's your own self-imposed ignorance that's doing it.

My statement to you has nothing to do with what you think you know and everything to do with the way you present your opinion.

People don't generally take those who act like jerks serious. However, I am sure your own self-imposed importance will prevent you from taking ADVANTAGE of my advice.

Carry on.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I could've sworn I've seen this exact same picture posted like a year ago, and it was claimed to be debris.. Does this happen a lot, or are we just seeing an old reposted picture?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join