It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-61C Astronaut Snaps Pics Of Huge Black Triangle UFO In Space!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
the circular logic here is amazing. NASA historically denies or ignores the existence of ET life, and goes to great lengths to cover up anything that is contrary to their stance on the issue, but then at the same time posts pictures of supposed ET life for all to see with the explanation that its just space junk, don't worry about it? you can't have it both ways. you seriously think NASA would subscribe to the 'in plain sight' method? because posting pictures and fanning the flames of debate and intrigue is SO MUCH easier than destroying the film, or taking the film and never letting it see the light of day? seriously?

as for those saying it can't be a space tile because the tiles are all square...yes, the entire shuttle is covered by perfect squares. because there are no curves, angles, or other surface patterns that would require altering the shape of the standard square. riiiight....

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
People don't generally take those who act like jerks serious. However, I am sure your own self-imposed importance will prevent you from taking ADVANTAGE of my advice.
Carry on.

Cease fire. Now that I have your attention...

...i really think it would be to your advantage to look at the "99 FAQs..." because until you do,
or find an alternative equally well-informed exposition of the realities of space flight,
you'll be strangling in misconceptions and hollywoodized dramatizations that not
only get in the WAY of accurate assessments of these weird images, they positively
lead you AWAY from any hope of figuring them out with such self-imposed impediments.

Any critiques of the style and substance of the '99 FAQs' will also be constructively responded to...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamrock6
... NASA historically denies or ignores the existence of ET life...

I understand the point of your post...

But, to be more accurate, NASA says there is no positive proof of ET life. However, I think as a whole, NASA scientists mostly feel ET life somewhere else in the universe may be a likely thing, probably even somewhere in the galaxy.

I guess I'm just saying there word "denies" connotes a different meaning to some. The way you said it makes it sound as if NASA positively thinks NO life exists elsewhere. However, NASA (and space science in general) is not in denial about possible life elsewhere in the universe -- They think it almost certainly exists, they just haven't found it yet.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

true, and well thought out. I should've worded that differently. your point more accurately expresses what I was trying to get across. they don't say 'nothing else exists besides' but they do go to great lengths to say we haven't made contact and haven't been visited. thanks for pointing it out.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I'll give it a look.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

I think that so called UFO is a PC mouse curser, it is some person pressed a Capture Screen Key on keyboard, why do I think that? well if you place your standard mouse pointer on top of that black thing it fits, and on my PC the mouse pointer even slanted the right way bang on top of it, sorry guys.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Whoa, that totally looks like one of the classified space jets that are equipped with SCRAMJet engines. I would bet that this is US military, and not a spacecraft from outer space. That is just my take, but maybe it is something else.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Under no circustances will you allow any image of an earth originating DSV to be viewed or brought into question...

Oops!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Black ops craft obviously...

It is one of ours.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Black ops craft obviously...

It is one of ours.

Or it could be a piece of thermal insulation relatively close to the Shuttle, as described in this post in a similar thread about this same object:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1/24/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Chadwickus, Phage and Oberg...the obfuscation/denial triad. Yes of course this this MIGHT be a piece of debris, we all know that. It COULD be an alien spacecraft. That's all we're saying here. Since none of you can prove one way or the other, there's really no reason to deride the openminded. This is just my opinion though.

ETA and to hear "space debris" from guys who maintain there has NEVER ONCE been a legit photo of an alien craft taken is pretty pointless.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
Chadwickus, Phage and Oberg...the obfuscation/denial triad. Yes of course this this MIGHT be a piece of debris, we all know that. It COULD be an alien spacecraft. That's all we're saying here. Since none of you can prove one way or the other, there's really no reason to deride the openminded. This is just my opinion though.

Did you even read Phage's post, stating that a tile of that shape was found to be missing upon the shuttle's return to Earth?

Or how about that the photo was made by a hand-held camera operated by an astronaut -- who presumably would have described it as he was taking it, or in post-flight debriefings?

Wouldn't that be proof?

Have you checked news files from that period that may have had descriptions of precisely these activities as they happened?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I appreciate your efforts, Jim. However, it is my contention that NASA is in the business of hiding the reality of Earth visitation by intelligent life from elsewhere in the universe. Maybe the photo got out and they used the tile story to cover. I'm just not 100% convinced by your (and others) explanation of this photo. This will happen from time to time. Not to worry though, most people will accept it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Without going through the three or more threads on this, I don't know if anyone has suggested that the black triangle is a piece of electrical tape. Isn't it used on the ISS, and couldn't there be little pieces of it orbiting nearby?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I appreciate your efforts, Jim. However, it is my contention that NASA is in the business of hiding the reality of Earth visitation by intelligent life from elsewhere in the universe. Maybe the photo got out and they used the tile story to cover. I'm just not 100% convinced by your (and others) explanation of this photo. This will happen from time to time. Not to worry though, most people will accept it.

I have no a priori problem with any organization trying to shape external knowledge of its operations, to its benefit, by any methods. Heck, it's why I left the space program in 1997 when i blew the whistle on what i saw as a decaying safety culture that was going to kill somebody again. i testified before Congress on this -- much good did it do, sadly.

The specific space UFO stories, however, i do have problems with, because I was in the belly of the beast for more than 20 years, knew the players, accessed the records and the real-time space data. What passes for 'insider leaks' in the UFO world [re 'space UFOs'] are confabulating self-promoters with bogus credentials seeking the kind of respect they never earned in the real space program.

So little of space flight is really understood -- and so much is grossly misindertood -- by the public, even by space enthusiasts and future-oriented folks who are attracted to the UFO field, that I'm frustrated how much time [close to 100% in my estimate] is wasted on garbles, dead ends, and cruel pranks, etc, when significant events of genuine interest go unrecognized or misconstrued.

If I sound like a secret sympathizer, I speak from personal experience with the stories of Adamski, Keyhoe, and others of the 1950s when I was an open-minded, gullible kid. I've been there. Aside from learning to recognize, at last, how NOT to be rationale in assessing such stories, and eventually learning better, it was a waste of time.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

ETA and to hear "space debris" from guys who maintain there has NEVER ONCE been a legit photo of an alien craft taken is pretty pointless.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

If you'd read my '99 FAQs' you would have learned why I don't believe much, if any, of the images show traditional 'space debris'. Please open your mind to alternative angles via information few people have been exposed to, such as in Mission Control, and fewer have bothered to try to share.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by Helious
I wish I could say otherwise but to me and IMHO, it actually does look like debris.

lol, are you joking or what? Debris my [snip] Debris from what? It's not debris from anything natural, that's for sure.
edit on 24-1-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

Yes, because space debris is mostly natural. What are you smoking?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
why would they remove it, if they posted it.

unless there is some kind of alien disclosure crusader working at nasa releasing these photos or uploading them.

you also can't discount that nasa's website is being hacked and these photos were uploaded.

i would assume for a the best hackers in the world, uploading or replacing a picture with their own on a free government website with no login or password would be relatively easy.

for all we know, it's the pilots of that apparent craft are the ones that posted the pictures.
edit on 24-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

i wonder why this is doing the rounds now ?

its a picture taken from the mission STS61C of 1986

Nadir

Date: 19860112 (YYYYMMDD)GMT Time: 135942 (HHMMSS)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think we or some earth visiting creature have a giant triangle.
Maybe this is a tile. I thought tiles were looked after and counted
like bars of gold. Isn't it a big deal if one is missing on re-entry?
Maybe not.

Also I've read all the sub threads about how this was clearly explained as debris.
Except... Not really. It's just one explanation against another. It goes something like
'Well NASA says it's a tile, therefore it's a tile.' That ain't much.

It's impossible to judge distance in these situations but it looks far away.
I will say if the NASA story is true, it appears to be a new tile, as the color doesn't match the tiles that
have already been through re-entry. So a "new" rare on the shuttle body,
triangular tile, became dislodged and kept pace with the shuttle?
Sure.. Why not?

edit on 24-1-2013 by sealing because: Grammar

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join