It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-61C Astronaut Snaps Pics Of Huge Black Triangle UFO In Space!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Phantasm

This is from the shuttle, not the ISS.

And it is debris...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24/1/13 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Says Nasa

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
I think we or some earth visiting creature have a giant triangle.
Maybe this is a tile. I thought tiles were looked after and counted
like bars of gold. Isn't it a big deal if one is missing on re-entry?
Maybe not.

Read the NASA statement. They thought the image shape matched a tile found to be missing on landing.

Also I've read all the sub threads about how this was clearly explained as debris.
Except... Not really. It's just one explanation against another. It goes something like
'Well NASA says it's a tile, therefore it's a tile.' That ain't much.

Well, you're the space expert, I suppose. Ain't much, fer shoor.

What do you suspect the astronauts who TOOK the photo thought it looked like?

It's impossible to judge distance in these situations but it looks far away.

It's impossible, except for you. On what basis have you calibrated this uncanny skill?

I will say if the NASA story is true, it appears to be a new tile, as the color doesn't match the tiles that
have already been through re-entry. So a "new" rare on the shuttle body,
triangular tile, became dislodged and kept pace with the shuttle? Sure.. Why not?

Who said it 'kept pace'? I suggest you made that pseudo-fact up out of thin vacuum. Did you?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yeah, there are lots of pics like this
Space Junk

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
NASA said: "Country or Geographic Name: ATLANTIC OCEAN"

Someone said China earlier? idk. But assuming that thing is over the Atlantic, next thing I thought of was: "Bermuda Triangle" (some correlation perhaps)

Of course, the exact size of the Bermuda Triangle depends on whom you talk to. The smallest area ever defined is at least 500,000 square miles. Some people believe the Bermuda Triangle is as large as 1.5 million square miles.
Source Wonderopolis

Is there any way possible to determine the size of that thing in the OP pic?
edit on 1-24-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Folks, the amount of personal jabs and insults taking place in this thread is unacceptable and frankly not worthy of members here. The forum descriptions at the top of each thread are not there for eye candy.

Aliens and UFOs: This forum is dedicated to the discussion of historic and contemporary events related to extraterrestrial encounters, UFO sightings, and speculation about related subjects. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of the existence of extraterrestrials and the related conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of our tradition of supporting the examination of the extraterrestrial phenomenon on the related conspiracy theories, cover-ups, and scandals. Replies that make fun or otherwise ridicule and demean those posting honest experiences and/or questions will be removed. Members who post such responses repeatedly will be banned.

Please take note of the bold portion of the forum description. That came about because of exactly this type of posting behavior. That a person believes something different than you do, is not an invitation to attack them at a personal level or post insults and rude comments. Everyone has the right to express their views without this nonsense.

Blaine91555
Forum Moderator

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Who said it 'kept pace'?

That's what I'm most interested about. Posting to see if you or others know of a situation like this that's better documented. How would a tile behave in these conditions?

I haven't read every post in every thread about this, maybe this has been discussed already. If so could someone let me know where? TIA

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The quote Phage posted on page 2 may suggest it kept pace...

The tile missing from the bottom of the star tracker well is believed to be that piece which was stationkeeping with the vehicle on-orbit and reported by the crew.

Assuming stationkeeping with the vehicle on-orbit means keeping pace?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The tile missing from the bottom of the star tracker well is believed to be that piece which was stationkeeping with the vehicle on-orbit and reported by the crew.

If the piece came loose while on orbit, then I WOULD expect that piece to keep following the shuttle, considering that both the shuttle and the piece could have had roughly the same initial velocity and direction when they separated from each other.

I'm not sure if "keeping pace" is exactly the same as "Stationkeeping" in general terms, but they may be almost the same thing when talking about the shuttle while on orbit...

The definition of "Keeping pace" could connote that the piece would match the velocity and orbit of the shuttle, even if that velocity and orbit changed. Using that definition, it would be odd for the piece to keep pace if the shuttle's velocity changed.

HOWEVER, in the case of the shuttle, it rarely changes velocity while on orbit. Therefore, if the velocity or orbit of the shuttle didn't change from the time the piece came loose, then "stationkeeping" could mean "keeping pace", even in the strict definition I mentioned.

edit on 1/24/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111

I appreciate your efforts, Jim. However, it is my contention that NASA is in the business of hiding the reality of Earth visitation by intelligent life from elsewhere in the universe. Maybe the photo got out and they used the tile story to cover. I'm just not 100% convinced by your (and others) explanation of this photo. This will happen from time to time. Not to worry though, most people will accept it.

The picture was taken using the on board HASSELBLAD camera with a 100mm lens the standard lens for that camera is 70 mm so the object in question is magnified approx 1.4 times.

Also with people still trying to claim it's HUGE you cant tell because you don't have the information you don't know it's size relative to anything else or it's actual distance from the camera.

It could be a very small object close to the camera or a larger object further away

edit on 24-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterPainter
Are there any higher resolution images of this?
It looks very symmetrical for debris doesn't it?

"very symmetrical for debris" - What does that even mean? Debris can be any shape and size.

It's man made remember, so If a panel came off a rocket, it would be a perfect square..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

If the pic is real, that's a mighty huge chunk of debris, wouldn't you say?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Couldn't it be a small piece (of thermal tile) that was only, say for example, 50 feet from the camera?

The distance is impossible to tell without knowing the actual size, and the size is not able to be determined unless we know how far away it is -- and we can't tell how far away it is in a 2D picture.

edit on 1/24/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Seems one of the holographic earths polys has had its UVmapping gone awol off the texturemap

Looks pretty good actually, and while id think space debri would be more square shaped like a panel or more complex like a chunk of a destroyed satellite I wouldn't put it past being a small triangular tile. Thing is these UFO's are always described as having lights at the corner and the big light underneath, but you never see those lights in triangle 'debri' shots from space, you'd think if it was part of their mode of operation you would.

Seems it is pretty much debri, but nice pic though.

edit on 24-1-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Who said it 'kept pace'?

That's what I'm most interested about. Posting to see if you or others know of a situation like this that's better documented. How would a tile behave in these conditions?

I haven't read every post in every thread about this, maybe this has been discussed already. If so could someone let me know where? TIA

Stuff moving near a spacecraft does so, in space, in really weird ways compared to behavior down here on Earth. That can really create confusing and easily-misinterpreted effects.

I tried to provide an outline of these unearthly features of space images in my "99 FAQs about 'Space UFOs' at
www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html

thanks for asking, I hope it helps.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Yes it does, that's a good source to believe that other phrase, and I humbly retract my objection.

It suggests the initial relative rates were very low. Are the photos time-tagged precisely enough to get any duration between them?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
It could be a very small object close to the camera or a larger object further away

edit on 24-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

Presumably eyeball estimates would help if it were within range of human stereoscopic range, 60 feet or so. What did the crew say in debriefings?

Also, accidental shadowing from the shuttle can be a clue but it only occasionally happens.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I like how people say it's Unidentified (UFO) yet vehemently declare it can't possibly be debris. Lol, denying ignorance at it's finest.

Originally posted by jiggerj

how could you possibly know the distance to the object from the photo alone...

Originally posted by Shamrock6
the circular logic here is amazing. NASA historically denies or ignores the existence of ET life, and goes to great lengths to cover up anything that is contrary to their stance on the issue, but then at the same time posts pictures of supposed ET life for all to see with the explanation that its just space junk, don't worry about it?

Please tell me how you reached the conclusion that it is not only a spacecraft, but also commandeered by alien life?

Originally posted by Urantia1111
Chadwickus, Phage and Oberg...the obfuscation/denial triad. Yes of course this this MIGHT be a piece of debris, we all know that. It COULD be an alien spacecraft. That's all we're saying here. Since none of you can prove one way or the other, there's really no reason to deride the openminded. This is just my opinion though.

I'm pretty sure it's "anything until proven otherwise", not "space debris until proven otherwise", and although no one can fly up there, grab it, and take it back here for analysis, the logical consensus is that it is space debris from the data that has already been given. Of course, to prove it's a craft wouldn't require anything more than a keyboard and monitor, would it not?

Ahhh ATS.
edit on 25-1-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
im sure this will be moved to the hoax bin on request as it has become a trend lately.

anyway i cant make out what it is, it's too tiny to see well. but it looks like a black shaped triangle, not sure it's ours (black project) or theirs

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

It's a tile from the shuttle.

It was tracked and documented by the Astronauts on board.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Picollo30

It's a tile from the shuttle.

It was tracked and documented by the Astronauts on board.

sure. Anyting Alien related is heresy in your book. Well i saw a UFO with my own eyes and nothing and nobody will change that. But i respect your skeptic nature.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join