It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should homosexual PE teachers be allowed in the locker rooms of the same sex?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I am very tolerant of homosexual individuals, simply because I understand that no one can choose who they are attracted to. Women know this well, as do some unfortunate guys. This goes for gay people too. Why would it be any different? The whole point of attraction is biological, which should tell you that it is not a choice, so there is absolutely nothing unnatural about being homosexual. Even if the Bible did say it was wrong, and people did not misconstrue it, it would be wrong as well, and I could justify their behavior either through religion or common sense and logic, whichever anyone prefers.

To answer the question posed in this thread...NO. Absolutely not. Homosexual coaches or teachers should not be allowed in the locker rooms or same sex students. We have seen all of the student teacher relationships in the media, and this happens because of emotional attraction, with the teacher usually being a bit screwed up emotionally or psychologically. Even if there are other teachers who were attracted to a student, they did not act on those thoughts. It probably happens all the time, but does not go to that higher level of action, because most adults in that position could exhibit constraint and etiquette and morals.

And that is just in a classroom setting. If you throw the locker room into the mix, I would think that the possibility for uncontrollable attraction to a student of the same sex by a homosexual coach or teacher is quite high. So there is no point in creating a situation where that kind of behavior could even materialize under such "easy" conditions. What I mean is that something bad is more likely to happen if this were allowed, as opposed to if it was not allowed.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

So you think it would be okay to force a private individual to make their sexual preference public? What of gay teachers who are not publicly out?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I an not gay, I managed to remain hetero pre & post high school, which seems to be rare.

Because people just randomly turn gay throughout life

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I am of the strong opinion that pedophilia is a sexual orientation in of itself.

What you described was the concern of an adult forming an attraction to a teen/child. And not of a homosexual forming attraction to same sex. In this case I would say it was pedophilia and not homosexuality. Not both orientations, but one. I apply the same to heterosexuality. When adult predators target opposite gender I don't consider that heterosexuality, because again I view pedophilia as an orientation in of itself.

That's how I view it, I know not everyone does. Hope it made sense.

Either way I think showering and changing should be private. Private to both other students and teachers.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Either way I think showering and changing should[/b[ be private. Private to both other students and teachers.

Ha you edited it just as I was to politely ask you, "what do see to gain positively by no privacy?" However I now agree.

In prison there is no privacy for safety and security reasons but also humiliation. So humiliation is involved. Humiliation taught in school. Not less insecurity because we are all naked. Shoot for us guys showering together our self esteem but just go down the drain! Pun intended.

edit on 21-1-2013 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2013 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

Yeah I was quite upset with that typo!

Wasn't just a misspelling but a complete misrepresentation yikes

I am sure there are plenty of kids that don't mind, but I'd rather cater to the ones that do and just provide privacy.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

You really have to differentiate between homosexual and pedophile. They are not the same thing although I am sure I am not the first to mention that.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
All I know is, my football coach liked to look at my junk and was real touchy. Just because someone is married even with kids, bye no means , means that they are heterosexual. Heterosexual people like to look at other peoples junk sometimes too. No one knew Sandusky was gay. So there is really no way of knowing either way if the PE teacher is REALLY gay inside. Our girls PE teacher was really masculine , and I mean really masculine and she was married with 2 boys. Since we are on the subject, whats with all the nut scratching in football and baseball, i have never understood it, not to mention the butt patting in football. I wouldalso like to add that there should be moreprivacy anyway in school locker rooms, not every kid is comfortable naked, especially the overweight kids.
edit on 22-1-2013 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Short answer? No. Long winded answer? Hell no.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The thing lots of people dont think about is this fact. Your kids have gay kids in their PE classes, in the showers and at karate, wrestling and swimming. No one knows for sure if ANY of the teachers are gay or not in reality ie:Sandusky. If we want to be perfectly honest, no one even knows if their own kid or kids is gay at that age, I mean some do but some dont.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
We had a P.E Teacher called Mr Kerr, looked like a right beast! Dude allways walked around with shorts or joggy's and a permanent hard on. Creep would tell us to take our shorts off in the shower! I guess he liked to look at wee boys willys! So no homo's or beasts in our School showers IMHO. School is intimidating enough after all!

I should also add that i in no way have a problem with homosexuality. After all it takes all sorts to make this world! But not in school.
edit on 22-1-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
i dont i guess if you think being gay also means you are a pedopheliac? but im sure there are just as many if not more pedo-hetero vs pedo-gay

personally i dont think teachers should be anywhere near any locker room bathroom or changing area, gay or not. unless there is some kind of fight or stunt going on, such as bullying

no adult should be anywhere near ANY children under the age of 18 where nudity is a possibility

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
At first thought I was going to say yes, what's the problem? But then I considered about what if the shoe was on the other foot.. a straight male PE teacher in the girls locker, or a straight female PE teacher in the mens locker... now I'm leaning more towards "No"... but we all know what will happen. The "gay pride" political angle will be played, an uproar will be made and gay teachers will be allowed in same-sex lockers

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Im glad I didnt go to your school.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
I should also add that i in no way have a problem with homosexuality. After all it takes all sorts to make this world! But not in school.

I'm confused? So you don't want any gay teachers at school? Or do you mean gay kids?
If you don't want gay teachers, why not?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

"I'm confused?"

Thats life!

"So you don't want any gay teachers at school? Or do you mean gay kids?
If you don't want gay teachers, why not?"

Dont care about gay kids or teachers. I just think gay P.E teachers in the locker room is rather inappropriate. Seems fair to me. Do you have kids?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 22-1-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Dont care about gay kids or teachers. Just not Gay PE teachers in the locker room. Seems fair to me

But why? It makes no sense. Are you saying that because they're gay that they are attracted to kids?
A paedophile is a paedophile, gay or straight are really completely separate from being a paedophile.

edit on 22-1-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Do you have Kids or have you ever had a really creepy PE teacher?

Thats where im coming from. Its a mine field from both the teacher and pupils perspective IMHO of course.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Do you have Kids or have you ever had a really creepy PE teacher?

Thats where im coming from.

But if they're creepy, then they're creepy? If they're attracted to children, then they are a paedo.
Being gay or straight doesn't come into it.
Not really sure why you're having difficulty with this?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join