It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should homosexual PE teachers be allowed in the locker rooms of the same sex?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ok I was talking to a coworker the other day and we were talking about if we were forced to shower or not after middle school or highschool PE class. We never had to if we didn't want to but my friend said they were forced to; crazy thing though is she said that her PE teacher was a lesbian. And that got me thinking about my female PE teacher in middle school and although I'm not 100%, now that I look back at it she could have been a lesbian too. Now if society would treat any adult male that watched underage girls shower with immediate dissaproval and call him a pedophile and try to get him charged and arrested, what's the difference for a female/male who's attracted to members of their same sex watching underaged kids in the gender they are attracted to shower?

Now I know this will fire up the LGBT community, but if you think about it, wouldn't a double standard apply to them. How can a lesbian that we do not know is or is not attracted to underaged girls get away with watching them shower, yet if a male watches underaged girls in a locker room even if he is not a pedophile get fired and probably arrested?
I think this is rediculous that you could have adults possibly attracted to your children watch them shower and if you brought up this fact in any way shape or form you would automatically be discrimanted against as anti-gay rights.

This isn't a gay right's issue although LGBT people would make it one but a social issue about letting your naked children be stared at by a stranger that could have the same sexual attraction towards them as somebody of the opposite sex. How would you feel to let your kids shower in front of somebody that is attracted to their sex??

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No and homosexuals shouldn't have the same chaging rooms as straight humans either
edit on 21-1-2013 by mykingdomforthetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
what would be the difference if you didnt know they were gay or bi even. If you didnt know, would it bother you? so if you did know why would it change anything...

In my school gym I showered and the gym teacher was never around in the actual shower area for the most part also there were curtins on the shower and most people put on their underwear before they got out of the shower so I am not sure why it would really matter.. Even if a person isn't gay they might get turned on just seeing you in your underwear.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There's a massive double standard when it comes to male vs female in the work place.

My high school gym teachers were male & female. When the male was absent, the female ran the class. She was a way obvious lesbian, and she was allowed to "check on us" in the locker room whenever she wanted. We actually didn't even care because we knew she was gay, but she'd check in to see if we were showering or not.... and if we were not showering, we got a detention.

Catholic schools and their rules.

In former workplaces, working with mentally/physically challenged, the female staff were allowed to shower and bath both male & female clients, but men were not allowed to work with the female clients. It is like males are just assumed to be perverted & sexually abuse any female, but women are fully trusted, even to wash penises.

Society isn't "perfect", there are still a lot of standards that are completely whacked out.

edit on 21-1-2013 by JibbyJedi because: tyops

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Explanation: S&F!

I agree at the obvious hypocrisy and the double standards.

However the fix is very simple ... its called homeschooling the kids ... or even better still ... just chip them!

Its over! the government had alread dumbed you down (Proof Indside!) (by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien posted on 4-9-2011 @ 08:01 AM , reply by OmegaLogos posted on 4-9-2011 @ 10:48 AM) [ATS]

And repeated here ...

brain implants are the very thing that will catch everyone by suprise., (by floorplans posted on 7-6-2012 @ 05:24 AM , reply by OmegaLogos posted on 7-6-2012 @ 05:34 AM) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: Now that I have provided two simple fixes ... this issue should hopefully die an undignified death.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Many children are insecure about thier bodies.

All schools should have private changing areas for the individual children and private shower stalls. Then this wouldnt be a problem.

Who wants to shower publicly at a school in frount of 20 people?

nobody...

link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth
No and homosexuals shouldn't have the same chaging rooms as straight humans either

Sure, maybe some separate drinking fountains too, right? And they need to sit in the back of the bus. And maybe we ought to look at their right to vote, while we're at it

link   
We had plenty female PE teachers who i would doubt their sexualty....some even had moustaches....i dont ever recall anything dodgy ever happening...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Tough question.

It seems logical that people should shower with others who have the same physical anatomy. But if that anatomy is what one prefers sexually, I could imagine that sexual arousal is possible. I would hope that children aren't viewed in that manner, but it obviously does happen.

Communal showers are a relic from the past. Now that genders are more blurred than concrete, individual showers and private change-rooms should be the norm. We cannot have separate change rooms for those of a different sexual persuasion.

I also don't think that PE teachers should be in the change room at all no matter what the gender or sexual persuasion.

Tough question.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
At my middle school and highschool the showers were in the middle. I only showered once after wrestling practice funny memories tho of testerone driven teenagers peeing on each other in the showers and slapping each other with towels (which is dangerous, back when ARHS opened one of the first years a naked guy got hit by a wet towel on his scrotem and his testical fell out
)

Anyways private shower stalls would fix that. I agree.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I don't think an adult should be attracted to a child. Period.

It is an absolute double standard, I agree with you but regardless of sexuality you can't prove a persons intentions without just cause.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This goes back to my story, PE teachers need to be in there to keep the kids in line, get them in and out of the gym fast enough, and make sure they don't goof around (hence the testicle story)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Who wants to shower publicly at a school in frount of 20 people?

nobody...

You'd be surprised how many do want to.
I did 12 years of Catholic schooling, and more than half of my former classmates are now openly gay. Back then they use to just chase each other around the locker room playing slap ass with their towels.

It's not just the gay gym teachers getting their thrills in the locker rooms, it's also all the gay students enjoying their classmates nude. Another double standard.... in my school, girls had private shower areas and the males had to shower together prison style.

I an not gay, I managed to remain hetero pre & post high school, which seems to be rare.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I don't see why not..
Separation by sexes I can understand because of the actual physical and psychological differences and the various cultural differences. But I believe the separation is more a result of history and poor moral values. Hopefully one day we will trade in the need to have even two of everything in favor of mutual respect and lose that retarded fear of change and differences.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
what would be the difference if you didnt know they were gay or bi even. If you didnt know, would it bother you? so if you did know why would it change anything...

In my school gym I showered and the gym teacher was never around in the actual shower area for the most part also there were curtins on the shower and most people put on their underwear before they got out of the shower so I am not sure why it would really matter.. Even if a person isn't gay they might get turned on just seeing you in your underwear.

The first point: it really doesn't matter if the person observed knows or not, they should still have an expectation of privacy. For example, if girls don't know that there is a video camera in the locker room and male staff watch it, is it still an issue even though they are ignorant of being watched?

The second point: this is a valid one. It is a bit creepy for any PE teacher of any gender to hang around the showers and I can't see a valid reason for them in either case to routinely see young people nude. If PE teachers respect simple boundires, there would not be an issue.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Seriously....No way....how can your Scrotum fall out...testicles i can see, but it must have been some whiiiipppaaa for his testicles to get exposed to the elements...

I call Urban myth here....

Though i worked with a guy who got clipped with a car and his China Dolls ended up in his trouser leg...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Shower's were mandetory once I got to middle shool then high school. But, I never remember my pe teacher ever going in there during shower times.

I believe that no matter what sex the teacher or sexual orientation that they should never go into locker rooms during shower's...period. That would have freaked me out no matter what sex.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth

Sure, maybe some separate drinking fountains too, right? And they need to sit in the back of the bus. And maybe we ought to look at their right to vote, while we're at it

I actually think it is a fair question.

I'm all for gay rights for marriage, insurance, privacy, spousal privledges. But talking about changing rooms is a valid question.

Why do we seperate male/female locker rooms? It's because we don't want to be changing while having someone look at us as a sexual object.

Homosexuals pose an issue with this. If there is a gay male in high school, is it right that he is in the guys locker room where he is with the gender that he is sexually attracted to? Same with gay females.

It creates a unique issue. You can't allow gay males to go into the females locker room...females wouldn't be comfortable with that. You can't create a "homosexual" locker room, because they are still in the same locker room of those they are sexuall attracted to.

It is a unique issue, like it or not.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Let me ask, has segregation EVER worked?

Im not opposed to private changing stalls for ALL people, gay, straight, purple or green. In fact, I think its a great idea. But to force people to come out (which is essentially what this would do) is wrong. It is often the toughest thing a gay person ever has to do. And now we want to make it public info, so that we can keep 'em separate.

Because these kids dont have it tough enough as it is.

Now, I get why there would be concern about teachers, but I dont think a teacher should be able to look at a student when they are undressing, whether that teacher is gay or straight. Its not right. Never has been.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
i suppose we could have prospective teachers fill out detailed psycho-sexual questionairre while under some kind of truth serum, so we can accurately assess how straight/bi/gay etc they were, like say "bob, you are 60% straight, 5% bi and 35% sheep fancier (hetero)" and then allot their access to changing rooms accordingly, like a 75% gay male would only have access to the least attractive 75% of boys (as assessed by a panel of goverment paedos) to reduce the risk of an incident. etc etc
edit on 21-1-2013 by skalla because: spelling etc

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join