It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh = Satan. They have you worshiping evil.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

How 'bout going back to the roots of the name Yahweh.Yahweh comes from the hebrew tetragrammaton 'YHWH' = 'ehyeh' meaning 'I am who I am' and/or 'I am he who is'.

Now re-read Exodus 3, 1-15, where God shares his name which humanity for the first time. Now, in light of what I shared above and the following note, tell me again how YHWH is 'Satan'.

Note that for the hebrews a name was much more than just an identifier. Without a name one was considered worthless. The role of a name was to define the person, moreso the person himself as an alter-ego which represents him. To know the name of a person was to know who and what that person is in their totality. It defines their qualities, character, role, and what they were empowered to do.

As suggested reading please refer to John Murray's 'The Problem of God', Yale University Press.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The problem i have accepting that stories from the bible are allegorys is that
if you make that claim then who got the interpretation of that allegory correct?
we would have no way to know, hence making the entire thing an exercise
in futility, this is why religion is seen in such a bad light, it just cannot accept
the fact that its claims are deranged for the most part, that book can say
anything anyone wants.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

My issue is, if Satan is such a deceiver, he wouldn't let you just worship God, and leave it down to chance...He would manipulate you into believing that he is God, and God is the 'devil'....

Corinthians mentions Satan is the ruler of this world; why would he let the Bible go unedited to suit his will, and just take the leftovers who don't believe?

He wouldn't; that is totally anti-thetical to his hypothetical plan, conquer more souls than God, prove he is better...

My opinion is the higher power, or creator, or what some people term as 'God', doesn't want worship; he wants you to live a good lifestyle....

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Actually they're ET teammates.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

This is why Jesus didn't leave us to fend for our selfs. He have given us the word of God, the Bible, and he left us the Holy Spirit / spiritual gifts. For example, the Gift of discernment helps us discern, according to God and his word, what is truth and what is false.

Satan is good at deceiving, but you have to remember he and his army is restrained by the Holy Spirit, and in the last days the hand that restrains will be removed and even the most elect would be deceived if possible.

So, why is the Bible here? Because Satan is being restrained. Satan tried and tried to destroy the writers of the Bible. He tried, and tried, and tried but failed miserably.

How did he fail? Because the authors survived long enough, under God's protection, to spread his gospel, and I believe the KJV council was under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
edit on 21-1-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

milkyway12
just really seen your avatar

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

You know the Kings of England are in on his scheme though don't you? They are descended from the Pharaoh's of Egypt...The same people who allegedly had the Hebrews enslaved in exodus...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

I too 'am who I am'....that's what I would say to anyone I didn't want to share my actual identity with. I am who I am could be anyone/thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Well, if you believe in the Bible, as I, then if they were scheming, God used it for his people and our benefit.

Again, if God cannot give me a single book to read, since I cannot see him right now, there is no point in believing in the God of the bible. I have faith he inspired the Bible's creation.
edit on 21-1-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
You know, during the process of indoctrination, all cults (Christianity being one of many) teach its adherents that when doubt enters the mind - it is the devil trying to deflect them from the path. When such doubts arise they are taught to use mantras to ward off the 'evil'. Aka brainwashing.

God gave us a mind - did he not expect us to use it?
edit on 21-1-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

What makes you so right?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Parts of it; I believe all religions hold truth to them...See my color healing thread for a correlation from Hinduism for example. Chakras are real, which is something I proved in that very thread...No other explanation exists for why they would be factual.

Read the quote in my avatar : "There is no religion higher than truth."

Truth exists in many places, both high and low, friend

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Yahweh was one of the first sons of the "imposter" God according to gnostic writing...

Things hidden in silence

The Apocryphon of John is quite the interesting book... take a look over it if you get a chance

S&F

edit on 20-1-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Yes. Thisis exactly whatthe gnostics talk about. They also describe creation in a way that resembles human birth. What they call the "God above God" was once one. It wanted to describe itself so it divided into two aspects. These two aspects again divided into 4 aspects and on and on. Each aspect was described by a trait, like wisdom, hope, etcc. I think it was wisdom who created the Christian god who ran amok creating his own (our) universe and had us understand him as god.

This really makes sense when you read the bible and learn about the christian god wiping out whole cities etc. Not a truly loving god.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Yahweh was one of the first sons of the "imposter" God according to gnostic writing...

Things hidden in silence

The Apocryphon of John is quite the interesting book... take a look over it if you get a chance

S&F

edit on 20-1-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Yes. Thisis exactly whatthe gnostics talk about. They also describe creation in a way that resembles human birth. What they call the "God above God" was once one. It wanted to describe itself so it divided into two aspects. These two aspects again divided into 4 aspects and on and on. Each aspect was described by a trait, like wisdom, hope, etcc. I think it was wisdom who created the Christian god who ran amok creating his own (our) universe and had us understand him as god.

This really makes sense when you read the bible and learn about the christian god wiping out whole cities etc. Not a truly loving god.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

link   

link   
Can anyone reading this thread explain why it was Satan who gave us fruit from the tree of knowledge (sentience), and why it was God that didn't want us to then eat from the tree of life (immortal life)?

Am I correct in thinking that God wanted us as dumb, short-lived animals while Satan attempted to make us sentient (succeeded) and immortal (failed)?
edit on 1/21/13 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/21/13 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
YOU, SIR, HAVE DISCOVERED THE ULTIMATE PARADOX!!!

On a serious note, I'm going to go with neither god or satan, as man has come to know them, exist. Who assigns genders to deities anyway? Let alone makes them homophobic misogynists? Borrows holy days from pagan religions? Uses "god" as an excuse to extort and oppress? Hmm...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It's all a matter of perception. No two people will ever tell the exact same story or situation in the same way, because their views are different, their memory of each account might differ slightly. And also no two people will read the same story and come out with the same opinion or view of it. The Bible is for people who have faith and the God therein is for people who believe in in Him by faith, and so those who have faith will understand what those who do not have faith do not understand and criticize.

Yahweh is indeed God the Creator. It is only one of His many names and the closest any of us have to His true name.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

They have us worshipping the devil? Who's they in this case huh? The Bible has been around for 1000s of years and 'they' has changed about 87 times. There is no doubt that the Bible and religion can be spun to mean whatever the teller wants. Yeah there are a lot of false preachers out there spreading propaganda to make money for themselves. Reading the Bible for yourself clears up the BS and you see clearly throug the mist so to speak. Taking it for what it reads is something lost on our society I dunno how a guy can go 3 hours on 22 word verse without adding a little BS to it. Yes the Bible can be spun but anyone with a brain can figure it out. Without the serpent tempting Eve we'd all be running around naked and loving it and I'd be fine with out the 'knowledge' that was released on us. Maybe the 'knowledge' caused us to enjoy the earth less and to develop things to destroy it, the first thing we are commanded to do is be stewards of the earth- thats lost on everyone these days and maybe without the serpent we'd wouldnt be slowing burning the world.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join