It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh = Satan. They have you worshiping evil.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PnezakYahakotima
You know what I'm saying?

More or less, sure.
I have no issue with personal spirituality. I am a fan of it actually
and if someones personal connection takes form of some traditional religion, that's fine also.

My issue is religion..specifically religion. The organization that is constantly popping up and telling governments what to do, how to teach, putting arbitrary moral views on things of science and society, etc.

When a person's personal connection (be it a religion, a simple spiritual understanding, etc) leaves their front door and pushes into society..especially society where my tax dollars go towards maintenance..thats when I get a twitchy eyebrow and break out the word hammer to smack it with repeatedly until it goes back indoors or gets bludgeoned to death.

There is a old buddist saying.
If you see your Master on your path, kill him.

Point being, your path is yours and yours alone..it should not be pushed or pulled by anyone, even your master (should you have one...we all do..sometimes its people, sometimes money, sometimes ideals, etc).

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Ha..... oh yeah. In a spiritual sense we all transform into an after life, for sure.

link   

Originally posted by Devino

You claim satan and Lucifer are good entities fighting off a tyrannical force called Yahweh.

Thats simply NOT what I said.

Please reread the OP.

link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ok, so believing something because it is popular =/= the fallacy of believing something because it is popular. You're basically arguing with yourself right now.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

I totally agree with everything you wrote. Satan and Lucifer are not the same.

Here is a good video of which they are discussing Manly Hall's book, "Magic" written in 1929.

For anyone not familiar with the works of Manly Hall.... I HIGHLY recommend all of his books and lectures. He is indeed one of the greatest thinkers of time.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm not even arguing anything . Where do you get these ideas ?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Very well put. I personally think it's quite obvious who this Yahweh guy is, taking into account how many people he killed and all the babies he slaughtered. The problem is, those who worship him are so thoroughly indoctrinated and in fear of hell that they refuse to see it, no matter what kind of evidence is presented.

Who has killed more, Satan or God?

While those numbers are just estimates, they still are pretty damning for this Yahweh character in my opinion.

S&F

edit on 20-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)
You could say God has "Killed" (or will kill) every living thing that ever was or ever will exist throughout all of time. Yet you fail to mention that God has also created every living thing that ever was and ever will exist throughout all of time. Time is a human conception.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
highly interesting post, i do alot of reading on here and have never took the time out to reply... i dont think.. lol so this might say something.
as someone whos struggled with the meaning of life, digging to egypt for answers with a mind of my own refusing to fall into any line, having meanings and answers served to me on a plate from another self opinioned lunch lady never has fed my hunger to makes sense of these reasons and explanations that need attention.
that said...
ive come to this time serving, yet maybe not full circle conclusion along this journey that everything is connected as a WHOLE, there are answers in and around every book, science, meditation.
created as a slave race we are so naive to fall to our knees and serve, desperate for worship in anything else other than ourselves, and this is not an ego speaking, though i have crucified mine, just observation and experience. why is this?
also would like to note that some things to consider IMO...
anyone will admit that the Bible was "touched by man" yet do we ask who?
who has the agenda? the man behind the curtain?
we admit that money is "the root of all evil" but do we look to why?
leaning towards the thought the Illimunati touched the Bible...(and yet those will justify the change of Testiment by saying times have changed and the OT cannot be lived by in todays world.)
goes with the GOD as you see on the dollar bill as Gold, Oil and Drugs (genius by the way)
and the reasons our presidents think its important to be "religious"... etc...
but i digress... i did not come here to steal thunder.
just wanted to say. maybe we belong to the Universe, not to Man, a form of Entity, Religions were created to out do eachother, a competetiveness for people to flock to their village if you will, have your seen "the book of ELI"? except with more than one book going around, Civilzations needed Religion to survive or there was no HOPE... or the christian word for it.. what is it? oh yeah! "FAITH" to survive, looking for the best ways to 'slave' their people, or bring Order. also there are more comparisons with Jesus than Lucifer... have you no Zeitgeist in your life? "The Greatest story ever told" and wasnt David Jesus in the OT? idk but... maybe the Bible is merely Metaphores and is tookin to literal? and dont forget christians believe Jesus IS GOD, this God FEARS you into believeing, do you believe you are as important to the world to go back in time and watch "Jesus" suffer on a Cross for You? (ego check) maybe its just a metaphor to get you to believe in how precious life is because the monotnous of this life can beat that out of us after time, dont tie yourself down to religion explore them all! there is alot of insight in this thread, and food for thought. love it! and i am humbled if i contributed in any way, even though i lack the patience to explain things deeper.
back to my Jam session of TOOL and Kendrick Lamar. -*- (THIRD EYE)
Peace, Love, and Eternal Happiness.

oh and i thought Lucifer WAS the Devil? or is this another astronomous illusion?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You're arguing that your appeal to popularity is not an appeal to popularity. It's okay if you want to keep blocking it out though.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by Devino

You claim satan and Lucifer are good entities fighting off a tyrannical force called Yahweh.

Thats simply NOT what I said.

Please reread the OP.
You are right, I missunderstood...sorry. I reread your OP and I see you claim Yahweh to be Satan and suggest that Jesus possibly was Lucifer. Would that be accurate?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Yes.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

And god is also the one who created mankind knowing full well that he was going to send LOTS of people to suffer for eternity. He even created hell! A loving god does not create a place where his creation burns forever.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
In my opinion all religion is blasphemous. People flock to churches or sacred monuments and worship them. Priests have men and women bow and pray on their knees as they (representing God) stand before them with arms raised. The fact that the bible was written can be considered sin as well; it too is a representation of Him.

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me” (Exodus 20:3-5).

Why would He mention the earth beneath?

For thousands of year man has been sinning, yet he still loves us? To go against God is considered acts of Satan. He still loves sinners?

He also mentions he is a JEALOUS God; which is one of the seven deadly sins. Clearly someone so divine is free of Sin; yet throughout the entire bible He SINS.
edit on 21-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So an all powerful, all knowing, PERFECT god creates his own nemesis and actively loses to it?! Sounds like a VERY bored, masochistic entity, imo. Not only that, but as the poster above mentions, creates a Hell to burn his creations in, knowing full well most were worth punishing from the beginning. What the biblical god did was to set up his creations to fail and burn for eternity from the get go. Further, he craves worship and dishes out illness, death and plague indiscriminately to old and young, innocent and guilty alike. The whole god angle is pure trash. It is amazing the in this day and age people not only believe in but follow this obvious fairy tale with fanatical devotion.

Here's one of the many drawbacks to the "all-loving god" argument: child leukemia. A god that not only allows but CREATES such a thing to strike an innocent child is beyond monstruous and deserves only scorn and loathing.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have wondered about that myself. Anything that promotes and contains any sort of negativity has to be from a lesser source than something that could ultimately enlighten someone with peace, love, and understanding.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Honestly no surprise there. Most Gods whether pagan or mono are and were very unforgiving and were meant to punish. It would be no different then saying Jesus is both the christ or the anti-christ, even though the religious view of Jesus was with compassion, and helping those less fortunate.

Not only that God was the one who created everything in the universe or so it says in a book, so wouldn't God have created lucifier/satan? And wasnt he supposed one of higher rankin angels as told in the stories.

Other then tht religion is just tribal blabber.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Devino

And god is also the one who created mankind knowing full well that he was going to send LOTS of people to suffer for eternity. He even created hell! A loving god does not create a place where his creation burns forever.

I don't think you have a working grasp of what happens on the spiritual side 3NLight, I say so after reading about eight of your posts. It's as if you're deliberately misportraying everything you can, and I'm not sure if that's on purpose or if you're ranting script from below or something.

The choice is open to choose, free will being a gift of God. Many are drawn wayward, there is no doubt that the majourity influences lock people into focus against moral decision-making, locked by media, habitus, lifestyle, peer influence, and the sheer volume of contrary material. It's clear to see this world exists to corrupt the race in it's present organization.

Onto the point; if someone hurts another, God also offers perfect justice. Without righteous judgement and justice in place, we could not attribute God perfection. That's one reason why a hell exists, another is as a place of purgatory, for those who want to improve but remain in punishment for past misdeeds. Others sell out people, and sell themselves out in the process, earning their judgements through negligence and extreme malice. So should a perfect God love those who have committed grevious offences against others? Should He love those who blaspheme His name and seek to become a scourge against mankind or angels? How about men and women who rape the environment, deprive others of basic needs/rights, or take what they have not earned?Another reason hell exists is for the doomed, those who have already cast their last hopes of redemption away, and know where they are destined for.

Forget your happy-go-lucky liberal attitude about a "God who loves everyone" : the wish was once there, but too many cross bad lines. Ultimate justice, vengeance against evil-doers, and guaranteed victory are hallmarks of another aspect of God, as a Destroyer. Some earn His love, others rightfully earn His hatred. Why the pc feel-good/cover-up about one of the most important realizations about life.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
And Jesus was Jewish. So he gotta be a satanist then? Man do I miss the punishing God models. sigh...

edit on 21-1-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

That is an interesting perspective. I do see a problem though. I feel that saying 'Yahweh is satan', satan (adversary) as how it is defined, is a philosophical contradiction.

Keeping in tune with the original definitions, Yahweh is the unmoved mover of the Universe. The uncreated creator of everything. Philosophically speaking how can one be an adversary to itself if it is the creator of all things including adversaries (satans)? After all if satans (adversaries) are part of the original creation then this is not opposing to the original design. It's kind of a self canceling catch 22.

As far as Jesus being connected to Lucifer this confusion can be found in ancient texts. I seem to remember having a tough time discerning the difference between the morning star, which was Lucifer, and the evening star, which has been said to be Jesus, yet both are the planet Venus.

I'll be thinking about this at work tonight...

edit on 1/21/2013 by Devino because: spelling

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

If god is all-knowing and created the beginning, end, all in between, plus all possible choices, rewards, punishments, space/time, then there cannot be free will. All is known to god, all is written and created, therefore no surprises for the almighty. He can travel back and forth in time, change people's minds, etc. Are you perhaps saying that god has NO clue about choices you decide on? Even the bible depicts an already god-planned, spectacular ending with epic jesus fighting a dragon for crapssake! Give it a rest, the biblical god story is full of irrationalities, obvious contradictions and violent, primitive logic.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join