It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh = Satan. They have you worshiping evil.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

As I see it, Yahweh, the god of the bible, is in fact none other than the Great Deceiver himself, Satan. A far cry from the loving and compassionate god that his deceived followers claim he is, the bible pretty much says he is an ego-maniacal god of war and tyranny who if not obeyed, claims he will send you into eternal torture. He rules via fear and intimidation as tyrants do. He requires death for the smallest of infractions, and even demands the murder of entire cities/nations for arbitrary reasons.
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

So does GOD curse Himself in the garden of Eden? In the book of Job, does He appear before Himself and challenge Himself for putting His own blessing and protection around Job? Hmm....that's some pretty spurrious comments made there from someone, 'As you see it'.
'The bible pretty much says he is an ego maniacal god of war and tyranny...' Okay, I'll start there.
The bible says He is egomaniacal? Nope.
You have just chosen to impose your own understanding and interpretation of a set of actions as best as your own reasoning and judgement can to an entity I believe you don't know.

When you start putting anthropomorphic assumptions on what you don't know, you are putting GOD in your own image. When man attempts to judge, quantify and sum up perfection through his own imperfect reasoning, it is apparrent that the interpretation will reflect the interpretee. It's nobody's fault but your own that you can't reach any other conclusion. Imperfection cannot make a perfect judgement of perfection.

If I stand at the edge of a cliff with a sign that says 'You will die if you walk off this cliff', can you REALLY hold me personally responsible for your decision to walk off it and say I've condemned you?
You get choice, and you blame someone else for the choices you make. You get no choice, you blame someone for making you a slave.
If I tell you a certain path will lead to death, it's your choice to take it and disbelieve me. You want to smoke and drink all your life, don't blame me if you get cancer and tell me I'm the one condemning you. BY YOUR OWN ACTIONS YOU WILL BE JUDGED.

With regards to the 'if not obeyed, claims he will send you into eternal torture.' This is a CHOICE thing again.
"IF you want to be my people, and IF you want me to be your God, this is how you meet my holy requirements".
If you are not in a covenant relationship with said God, you are neither under law or grace, because you do not have that standing with Him (either law or grace) and therefore these don't apply to you. Something else will.
But if you don't like those rules, don't come under the authority of that God. IT'S YOUR CHOICE!!!!! How are you not getting this?

As for the assumption that GOD demands murder/death/infractions (or whatever,) for 'ARBITRARY' reasons, then you are clearly claiming to know the mind of GOD. Either that, or it doesn't make sense to your imperfect mind, offends it, and therefore MUST BE WRONG BECAUSE YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT.
Assuming you are talking about the eradication of the former inhabitants and land dwellers within Canaan.
The Israelites were slaves in Egypt for 480 years before they came into 'The Promised Land'.
I have no idea what happened in Canaan during that time, what acts they might or might not have committed, the depths of depravity they may have reached, the warnings, prophets or messengers from GOD they may have received....who knows? I don't.
How many of us REALLY know what's going on in Syria, Mali, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, USA, UK, etc?
What we're told is what we think we know. Do you trust that what you are told is enough to make an informed opinion and judgement on it? What if you have no information at all? How can you therefore make a judgement? You can't.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and the media know how to spin ANY thing ANY way that's required to make you ANY judgement they require from you.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59
In terms of Levay, yes. In terms of Spiritual Satanism, it is completely serious. When it comes to the robes, the palace and all that, ask yourself, Jesus said "blessed be the poor, woe unto the rich"... why does the Pope live in a palace with multiple golden crowns that have been forged together calling for an end to world hunger? The real joke is the Vatican. Christianity has it's merits, Catholicism has been a proven joke since the Vatican's inception.

Well, the only way the romans were going to move onto this new strange religion was to keep the good stuff from the old pantheon.
Name change time. Jupiter is now known as God, Apollo, your Jesus, Diana, your Mary, etc...then you got a host of saints, angels, etc (Mars, Welcome to your new name Michael).

So ya..basically when you look at Vatican city, your looking at the old gods with new names and some new traits..but the same pomp and circumstance involved. Romans are all about their ceremonies and extravagant affairs with religion.
Frankly, its one of the redeeming values of the time. I quite like people making gigantic structures and such based on creative interpretation of the cosmos (aka, deities). Sure, such funding could go towards better infrastructure, clean water and better crops...but whats done is done..not like ripping down all the cathedrals and monuments will somehow feed the poor..

But ya, that is just a many thousand year old tradition going on in Italy..and as one whom enjoys a bit of tradition, I don't damn them for it...then again, I also would hate to see the royal family in the UK be dissolved...pointless..but it gives our people a bit of color.

link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am not a label and do not label myself, Yeshua told them to keep his fathers sabbath and no they didn't but instead changed it.

link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Yet he has managed to garner billions of followers on this world who give him tribute in the form of worship, prayer and sacrifice, ie: energy, and they all believe he is a merciful and loving god, when the facts say otherwise.

So your next line of thought should be something like, maybe I have the facts wrong ? Instead of they're all wrong and I'm alright ?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Most of those people are affiliated with the Vatican via the SMOM or Sovereign Military Order of Malta

First CIA people, almost all the Presidents, members of Congress, big Business, the works.

There may be a type of Satanic conspiracy involving the church who tries to hold Christ captive.. I don't know, it's possible.

If so, not only have they ruined things and stifled Jesus' vision and mission, but it would leave them a "house divided" by playing both sides of the fence. I think they are the fearful cowards referred to in Revelation, because they so fear this projected "devil" creature that they've taken the position of "if you can't beat em, join em."

Pretty sad and pathetic if that were the case..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If we destroy belief, we destroy reality.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
reply to post by SaturnFX

It's not about working, Sunday is the day Satan takes has his day and all who praise on that day give homage regardless of who they praise because it's his day.

First I heard of that. Care to give citations?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfLight96

If they changed his worship day to coincide with Satan's day, wouldn't that go to reason that they also changed his identity? Since the god you believe in is worshiped on Sunday, that would mean he is Satan, right?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I'm not sure just how much the Vatican is actually worth, but last I checked... let's just say, it's a large sum. If the Pope really cared about feeding the poor, he wouldn't be living in a palace or his own city. He'd be living in some wooden shack having sold everything he owns. The Pope's very existence is a contradiction of itself.

I agree completely with your take on the Romans, how they lived, and their last attempt to make themselves immortal by, in my opinion, embracing Christianity, after denouncing it for so long, to the point of corrupting it... and here is the result. And I also agree that new names to old gods are basically what the Abrahamic religions are... aside from maybe Judaism, but only to a point.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Heisenberg59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PnezakYahakotima
If we destroy belief, we destroy reality.

Destroy, or reform?
Because this current reality, of some supernatural being watching what I do in the shower and if I touch my privates, I go to hell..ya..not overly fond of some aspects of that reality...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This line of thinking is a well-known logical fallacy called appeal to popularity Just because a lot of people believe it doesn't mean it's true, only that it's popular.

I find it funny how you rely on the popularity of your religion to state your case yet when someone talks about the "narrow gate", you say its popularity doesn't matter. That's a double standard.
edit on 21-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It's like reading Tolkien. You get into the story, and you love the story, and you love the characters.

You don't question the Author as to how exactly Gandolf's magic works. You just believe that it works!

Now if you have a crappy story, it doesn't draw you in. You don't believe it, and therefore it stops being a story and starts to become a monotonous piece of garbage.

When we read books or watch movies, we know that somebody wrote the book or made the movie. That doesn't destroy its value to us.

What destroys value is lack of love and true belief. When we start believing only because we're afraid there's nothing else.

That's the only difference between "reality" as we currently define it and "fantasy".

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Dr Manhattan would loose because his existence in time has not changed only the perception of his own timeline has been altered. Dr. Manhattan can see his own past and future and while he has become seemingly indestructible and immortal. God's existence outside of time would allow him to have destroyed Jon Osterman before he became Dr. Manhattan.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Maybe that's why so many have an issue with organized religion, we see it for what it is.

If you're spiritual or religious, be so on your own, in your heart and in your mind.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Isn't it more likely that you are both wrong and the bible is nothing more than an old, corrupt book? Jehovah is god, let's kill millions who don't agree! jehovah is satan so let's kill millions who don't agree! I don't believe in jehovah I believe in allah! So millions must die who don't believe that!

If it wasn't so terrifyingly threatening to sustainable life it may be quite humorous...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

As I said in my intitial reply to this thread, you will never speak logic to those that have been brainwashed from birth. It's the same reason the UK still has a Queen yet completely and uniformly agrees the position holds no power.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59

I'm not sure just how much the Vatican is actually worth, but last I checked... let's just say, it's a large sum. If the Pope really cared about feeding the poor, he wouldn't be living in a palace or his own city. He'd be living in some wooden shack having sold everything he owns. The Pope's very existence is a contradiction of itself.

I agree completely with your take on the Romans, how they lived, and their last attempt to make themselves immortal by, in my opinion, embracing Christianity, after denouncing it for so long, to the point of corrupting it... and here is the result.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Heisenberg59 because: (no reason given)

But now its time to consider the relevance of Christianity.
Is what the pope doing so wrong?
Consider this...Earth is not of Gods overall design. Earth is a playground for sensation, greed, envy, lust, etc etc etc.
Money being the root of all evil..right..ok, we all heard this.
So
If the church removes the evil stuff..aka, money, then the flock is poor and wholesome...starving and loving God.
Give them comfort, meals, housing, etc..and greed will creep in.
Death? who cares..the righteous die and go to paradise...and the longer they stay here on earth surrounded by food and comfort, the longer the devil has time to creep in and corrupt them, right?

So, the Papal, in their benevolence, has taken the task of removing this money from their flock in order to assure them maximum potential for salvation. How merciful that they will endure their golden palace, nearly sacrificing their eternal soul so that their poor starving flock may be saved.

At least, that was the running philosophy for a considerable amount of time..

And if you truly look at the teachings of Christianity, they may not be completely full of it..some merit to that. After all, comfort here is not the goal, and is indeed a stumbling block towards heaven.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus

Dr Manhattan would loose because his existence in time has not changed only the perception of his own timeline has been altered. Dr. Manhattan can see his own past and future and while he has become seemingly indestructible and immortal. God's existence outside of time would allow him to have destroyed Jon Osterman before he became Dr. Manhattan.

Maybe
But that's kinda cheating.

link   

How are we reforming reality when we're too busy destroying belief with needless questions?

"Where is The Author?", we ask.

"Why is The Author writing such a horrible story?" we ask.

Maybe The Author is trying to write a good story, but the characters are all being ruined by miserable beings with no real imagination. Not saying you specifically, just in general.

link   

That sir reminds me of something Hitler would come up with. You?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join