It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Police Identify Weapons Used in Sandy Hook Investigation /Still doesn't add up

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Or maybe they didn't have to pass that info by a boss for prior approval. Maybe that friend really did say that and it was deemed " not important" or "detrimental" to post here in the land of truth.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hello i am new to ats and checking things out. my brother is druid42. thanks.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neodruid66
Hello i am new to ats and checking things out. my brother is druid42. thanks.

Greetings and welcome to ATS

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

In my opinion, we are well past the point that anonymous sources of information such as this can be ethically justified by any journalist. The fact that these claims are not double sourced is very telling.

Just another example of shoddy reporting and even more deplorable editorial oversight.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

You don't destroy evidence if you plan on letting them know who you are; you destroy evidence if you are trying to get away with it...

Yes, Yes EXACTLY! This is the ONE thing that stands out like a sore thumb! As I said in another post, I don't want to know WHY Lanza destroyed his computer...I want to know WHO destroyed his computer...and as a small footnote...WHY?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I guess to have a conspiracy web site, conspiracies are required....... While the previous is true, can we please include common sense, intelligence, deductive reasoning and integrity please?

Does every major news story have to be a conspiracy? Is paranoia now the new "cool"?

I love how truth seekers are so easily guided by those that want your reaction to be EXACTLY what it is.... Every major news story is a way for the evil Illuminati to take away your rights..... The gun lobbyists have figured out how to turn you all into tools....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by elrem48

You're right, that's the only reason.... Instead of embarrassing material or any number of reasons, it must fit your mold.... It just must....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Has anyone spoken to any of the reporters from the Bee or any CT newspaper ? I asked vkey08 on another thread if the locals were calling them out on the anonymous sources and ...I don't know what to call it, shoddy doesn't begin to describe what they've done. Anyway that thread got #$@canned before I heard from her again.

She said the locals were appalled by the newspapers and tv reporters.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MobiusShaun

Oh...you MUST be right...EMBARRASSMENT...he wouldn't want to be embarrassed by what officials could find on his hard drive...I mean what could THAT do to his image...surely more damage than gunning down 20 children and 6 women???

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by elrem48

One of the news reports that I saw, mentioned that due to the efficiency in which Adam Lanza destroyed their home computer, that FBI analysts would be unable to recover any of the data on them....

I call complete bull# on this one, not simply for the fact that he was mentally imbalanced through his Aspergers, but the number of people who have tried this, and yet the data was still eligible to be recovered....

Also, why would he even both destroying the home computers? He obviously planned on killing himself despite wearing a bulletproof vest to a supposed shootout with cops, which never happened; but regardless of whether he planned on offering himself up, or committing suicide, what benefit would destroying the computer have made? He was busted or dead either way.
edit on 22-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Hiya.
i mentioned the difficulties in destroying hard drives in one of the first now closed SH threads.
I saw a new SH video yesterday which I thought was very well put together.
It mentions the hard drives and suggests that they were destroyed because they might have had evidence that Adam wasn't the killer.
It also quotes numerous sources that say Adam 'disappeared' 3 years ago and no-one, not even neighbours, knew anything about him in the last 3 years. Strange.
I must warn you that this video covers ALL the anomalies including some stuff I'm not in agreement with... namely that grieving parents are actors. But this is just a small section and mostly this video deals with many other oddities from that day's events or the reporting of those events.
I would say this is compulsory watching material for anyone who thinks something is not quite right with the MSM reports about this tragedy.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Most of all, I need to take a back seat now and watch the outcome of this truly bizarre tragedy. So many people take offense to the mere whiff of conspiracy. I mostly believe this tragedy took place....I mostly doubt the WAY it took place....I am entitled to my own intuition!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
On Jan 16 Superintendent of Newtown schools appeared at a hearing on Capitol Hill and stated:

tv.msnbc.com...

“That morning was like every other morning–after all, routines are comforting to kids. Until about 9:30, when a troubled young man carrying two guns, one of them an AR-15 assault rifle, shot out the glass window to bypass the buzz-in system at the door and changed the lives of so many people in the next few minutes.”

She also gave a partial account of him shooting the adults near the entrance and him entering 2 classrooms. A few things I would like to point out.......Where did she get her information about ONLY 2 guns? She was testifying before The Steering and Policy Committee.......We now have another person who has given contradictory testimony about this topic. You would think if that she was to appear before a Congressional Committee she would have her facts in order before lying. How could this have possibly happened over a month after this tragedy. We have yet again people giving facts that are questionable. Then again if she IS telling the truth where did the 3rd gun come from?

Another thing to point out......she claims in this testimony that 5 adults are killed, 2 in the hall and 3 in the classrooms. where is adult number 6? How convenient she leaves that alone. She is trying to make this as dramatic as possible yet FAILS to explain where or how the others died? Remember Dr.Carver? He said he only did 7 autopsies.......Why? Was he told to do ONLY those 7? So we have 5 adults here and if anyone remembers there were 2 kids taken to the hospital in police cars. Gee I wonder if those were Dr. Carver's 7......and that leaves how many autopsies done by other's? 19.........anyone remember the radio recording saying 18 kids and 1 adult in a closet in the kitchen? I might be wrong but I suspect this story is getting very twisted intentionally. What if those other kids were killed by another shooter who then quickly ditched the weapon or weapons in the trunk?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

I don't understand the suggestion that another shooter would put the guns back in the car. Why wouldn't he just leave them in the school, as if Lanza had dropped them there. There'd be a real chance that someone would see someone else putting them in the car, and their presence there would raise all the questions that have been raised about how the guns could be in the car. It doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Brocade

I am not sure what transpired but it could not be more obvious we are being lied to PERIOD. The story does not add up in any way shape or form either in what happened on scene or after.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202

In my opinion, we are well past the point that anonymous sources of information such as this can be ethically justified by any journalist. The fact that these claims are not double sourced is very telling.

Just another example of shoddy reporting and even more deplorable editorial oversight.

The more I think about it the more I believe we have 2 sets of insider information coming out - 1 that is true and the other molded to fit an agenda. What if the multiple sources for Pete Williams were correct? In that case only 4 handguns were used at Sandy Hook. Why the disparity in information from the start?

This is about the only solution that makes sense. Someone had to tell the media Nancy Lanza worked at the school, that Adam had an argument the day prior, the changing gun stories.

It seems transparent to me that someone wanted an assault rifle blamed for the murders and was determined to ensure that it would get the blame. In the meanwhile honest officials kept telling the media that only handguns were found inside the school - which is one of the few stories to have maintained any consistency from the start because initially it was 2 handguns and the bushmaster was out in the car.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Your post reminded me of the information reported that was attributed to Joshua Flashman and how quickly his tall tales about the Lanza family went viral. You might remember it as the report that the son of the pastor, stated that he heard Nancy was considering placing the killer in a residential facility and was trying to get conservatorship of him.

Here is the report I am referring to: Full Article

However this report has been debunked and proven to be false (nothing more than Joshua Flashman a former Marine and aspiring actor spreading a rumor and trying to get on TV). Who debunked and disproved this report? Joshua's father Richard Flashman, a pastor at Beacon Hill Evangelical Free Church: Article Behind the Paywall

Joshua Flashman's statement has been COMPLETELY DEBUNKED:

The pastor said he was not the source of his son’s information. His secretary, Eileen Bell, added, “It was nothing from a confirmed source.”

“I’ve just spoken to Josh,” Richard Flashman said in a statement Tuesday night. “As the Fox News article indicates, the information Josh spoke to them about was hearsay and not confirmed. I suggest you do not run with the story. I am perplexed why Fox would run with it in the first place.”

These two quotes imply 'there goes Joshua again, telling more tall tales'...

You know who else debunked this statement? Joshua Flashman on his own Twitter Account:

@JoshuaFlashman: @soderstromk @jimchap @G33kspeak I told a reporter what the people in town were saying about Adam Lanza’s motive, & next thing I know, I’m ”intimately aquainted” with the Lanza family and knew Adam’s motives first hand. Funny, I didn’t know that!

Additionally Joshua's lies to Fox (or Fox's misreporting) was that Adam was mad at his mother because she “loved the school (Sandy Hook) more than she loved him”

Note that State police have said that Adam Lanza had “no connection” to the school, and school officials disputed an early report that his mother had worked there.“No one has heard of her,” Lillian Bittman, who served on the local school board until 2011, told The Wall Street Journal. “Teachers don’t know her.”

It really interests me to uncover how it was widely reported that Nancy Lanza worked at the school and how we so quickly learned that there was another potential murder in New Jersey believed to be the shooter's brother (which obviously didn't happen). Also, why and how was the shooter's father left out of any ealy reporting and to this day continues not to be brought up by anyone. Again, not one person has asked if the shooter's father was a firearm owner prior to the shooter's parents divorce.

edit on 1/24/2013 by NickDC202 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I think the issue of her having the weapons prior to divorce has been addressed. I think it was her sister in Illinois said she purchased them because she was alone and wanted them not only for self protection but as a prepper also. IF that is true, they could always disclose all the other stuff she may have had as a prepper like survival gear stocks of food, etc. to confirm this.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Here's a short sample, by no means exhaustive of how the story of the guns changed.

Suspect is dead - guns are either on or next to his body - how hard is it to know what they are and where they are found?

These are ALL from the day of:

According to the law enforcement official, the Glock and Sig Sauer handguns were found inside the school with the deceased gunman. The Bushmaster was found in a car outside the school. [Updated at 6:51 p.m. ET]

Police have recovered two weapons from him, the source added. The source says one weapon recovered is a Glock and the other is a Sig Sauer. [Updated at 11:34 a.m. ET]

news.blogs.cnn.com...

According to CNN and others, the three guns found at the school were registered in Nancy Lanza's name. According to the AP, two handguns—a Glock and a Sig Sauer—were recovered at the scene, while the third, a .223-caliber rifle, was recovered in the back of a car parked at the school.

www.slate.com...

More from the Associated Press: Three guns were found — a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols, inside the school, and a .223-caliber rifle in the back of a car.

www.huffingtonpost.com...?&ncid=edlinkusaolp00000008

Three weapons were found — a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols, inside the school, and a .223-caliber rifle in the back of a car

www.usatoday.com...

That Bushmaster must have gotten up during the night and snuck by security and planted itself at the crime scene! This is NOT what you get from an over-excited media trying to "scoop the story". No way are crime scene investigators this incompetent either.

This is muddying the waters by seeding it with false narratives: "Brother was the killer, mom worked at school, altercation day before", etc. while quietly changing the number and placement of the weapons at the scene as the days went by.

This leaves me wondering what else might they be lying about?
edit on 25-1-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMOKINGGUNattributed quotes2012

I think the issue of her having the weapons prior to divorce has been addressed. I think it was her sister in Illinois said she purchased them because she was alone and wanted them not only for self protection but as a prepper also. IF that is true, they could always disclose all the other stuff she may have had as a prepper like survival gear stocks of food, etc. to confirm this.

There are actually more on the record, attributed quotes which mention that Nancy Lanza was a New Hampshire girl who grew up in gun country and they were part of her life from an early age. This leads me to wonder if it isn't very likely that Peter Lanza had firearms in his name when they were together.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join