It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Police Identify Weapons Used in Sandy Hook Investigation /Still doesn't add up

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by memphis850
Long time lurker, first time poster..

Has anyone wondered WHY this situation had been so easy to pick apart? Maybe it's not simply about them taking our guns, but about putting 'conspiracy theorists' out in a negative light, even purposefully giving us things yo point out just to seem unstable.. Maybe even considering certain people that express certain views online 'mentally unstable'?

These are not dumb people, as much as we like to think they are.. I believe they are trying to come down on as many topics as possible with one swift movement.
do you really think they'd go through the trouble of killing innocent children to make the conspiracy world look bad? They were doing a good enough job of that pretending we didn't exist or have anything credible to offer the world.

I get youre just throwing a thought out and I respect that. But if anyone honestly thinks that, they arepretty full of them selves. And as skeptic overlord said in another sandy hook thread tonight, get over yourselves..

Keep in mind I'm not directing that at you

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stickywicket

I'm going to guess it was the guy running through the woods...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

If the blog was written and cached on November 4th, how did she link a picture from a later date? Or are we finding out about something that happened, way after it did?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Again relying on The MSM to form a theory,yet The one thing we all agree on is the msm either lies, or is incredibly flawed.

MSM should not report anything until the "official word" has been determined by the people in charge or whomever is responsible for giving out the "official" information. If anything what they do is generate misinformation just what we don't need in times like these.

example: "there has been a shooting at a school in CT. now for the weather."

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mysticalsea

Actually she has it listed if you scroll down......it's on number 3 on her site........around 12:36?
I will have to check those and see why she has it at 3.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

If you Google that link you will find another article done Nov 5 which basically just copied her article EXCEPT it is missing everything above this:

Kids and Teens At Risk for PTSD

Which includes the picture from Newtown........People are simply taking pages they had already created in the past and updating them with recent text or photos and everyone is freaking out about them when it is simply explained.
If you really want to know for sure there is a CONTACT link at the top of her blog and I am sure she will clarify it.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

Ah, you're right. I'm hearing: "Be advised...We should have multiple weapons including rifle(s?) and long shotgun.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Again relying on The MSM to form a theory,yet The one thing we all agree on is the msm either lies, or is incredibly flawed.

MSM should not report anything until the "official word" has been determined by the people in charge or whomever is responsible for giving out the "official" information. If anything what they do is generate misinformation just what we don't need in times like these.

And then you'd have a bunch of 'theorists' screaming cover up, because they werent releasing enough info, and they were on scene. See how that works?

People that are dead set on finding a conspiracy will find oddities, no matter how the media goes about reporting things.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Right so if the shooter is down already and he says to be looking for a shot gun how did it get into the trunk?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

It does imply they did not have either the rifle or the shotgun in possession yet and were going by other evidence on-scene, like recovered shells or witness reports. Both of these solutions are problematic since the Saiga was in the trunk of the car.

Another possibility would be if they had the time to discover that some of the mother's long guns were missing but this was very early on, before 10am, if the time notations are correct. And then the gun they said they found in the trunk, the Saiga, was not on the list of guns that she supposedly owned anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

And as they were walking away there does seem to be a glimpse of a second gun or a long dark item in the right hand of the officer who reached last into the trunk. I was looking for a place where there could have been a handover of the Saiga but could not see one in the video. Could that second gun have been an artifact or shadow? Do we have a slo mo of the scene around the second gun part? A still shot that captures it?
edit on 21-1-2013 by Mysticalsea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
This whole thing is an absolute mess - which appears to be the exact goal.

I do not believe this tragedy was staged, even though I know it is possible that there may have been individuals involved, who played a fictional role in the massacre.

I believe all the children were murdered there, as-well-as the adults, but the method employed by the suspect/s responsible for the murders is the area where I feel the most deception comes from.

It's possible that this was not pre-planned in any way and the government picked up on the massacre immediately and began revealing details that favor a push for their relevant agendas. There was a thread a while back that mentioned the 'no need' theory, which goes something like this;

The government has no need to perpetrate incredibly evil mass murders to further the agenda associated with firearm massacres. The only thing they need to do is develop a plan with many discrepancies (used to keep the initial report malleable, so they can mold the 'official story' anyway they please), then wait for the next person to have a bad reaction to their anti-psychotic meds, subsequently experiencing a massive mental breakdown and going on a murderous rampage.

When that happens, they only need to reveal their pre-constructed storyline to satisfy the public launch of their agenda.

Personally, I do not believe this is what happened, though it is as plausible as any other idea.

I am sure most everyone has the MSM giving a lot of 'face-time' to the conspiracy theorist demographic. Just like with MSM reports of UFO sighting, they try to use a broad brush stroke to paint all conspiracy theorists as unstable, half-cocked, un-educated, and paranoid individuals.

I mention this because they seem to be comeplete hypocrites when it comes to conspiracies surrounding this tragedy.

First post. So, perhaps it may or may not be relevant, but I will describe my qualifications as a skeptic. Not to derail the thread (and I will not respond to any further discussion of these items, as I would encourage people to not even mention them again) I believe Oswald acted alone, 9/11 was sheer incompetence on the part of the federal government, and there may or may not be a higher power much less an afterlife. All I know is I love this country and I hold very dear to my heart the right to keep and bear arms as enumerated in the Second Amendment. I am an avid sportsman and target shooter that enjoys guns, which may or may not disqualify me as being very objective about this incident.

This thing really lit a fire under me once I witnessed the story "evolve" aggressively, and I believe the quoted portion of my reply to be about the best explanation that I have seen so far for the inexplicable morass surrounding this tragedy. The anti-gun sentiments have been building steam for a while now, particularly since the Giffords shooting, and now that Obama has secured four more years in office the timing couldn't have worked out better for this particular agenda to be resurrected with gusto. That being said, the coverage of this thing has stunk from word go. When it first happened I kept my mouth shut, most people I know seem to more-or-less trust what they hear in the media. But now, there are so many "God-fearing" red-blooded friends and relatives of mine who are becoming belligerent towards the coverage of this story I find myself feeling as though I am witnessing some sort of paradigm shift in the way people are thinking about what they are being told about what is going on in this country.

Now then. On to what little I may be able to actually contribute to the thread as a "gun guy." I wouldn't read too much into the "Canta 12" vs "Saiga 12" issue, most if not all of these shotguns that I have handled had "Canta" etched on them from the arsenal, but I confess I never paid that much attention to it, I prefer American made pump weapons. At any rate, in close quarters, which the interior of a school would certainly qualify as, I can think of virtually no other weapon better suited for mass carnage than a short barreled shotgun. You could literally rip a room apart in seconds, pump/semi auto doesn't matter, although obviously a magazine fed weapon would be at an advantage in terms of reloading. My preferred antipersonnel load that I use in my home defense shotgun is #4 buckshot, at the expected ranges it would be absolutely devastating. If you were to force anybody who knew anything about weapons to choose what they would rather be shot with at close range they would beg and plead for a .223. Make of that what you will.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

And then you'd have a bunch of 'theorists' screaming cover up, because they werent releasing enough info, and they were on scene. See how that works?

People that are dead set on finding a conspiracy will find oddities, no matter how the media goes about reporting things.

I mean things shouldn't even get reported to the media from the law until they have it figured out. that would solve all this conspiracy stuff. as it is now it just generates suspicion

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I heard yesterday that Conn already has an assault weapon ban and the mother wouldn't have been able to legally purchase that type of gun. do you know if that's true?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
How do we even know if the real Nancy Lanza purchased those guns?

If Adam was in possession of his brother's (Ryan) I.D. illegally, who's to say that those guns weren't purchased by somebody other than Nancy using her I.D. and given to Adam.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

I would think that's what serial numbers are for

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I would think that's what serial numbers are for

They would trace back to the person "named" Nancy Lanza. Unless fingerprints are required to purchase a gun in CT, couldn't someone claiming to be N.L. and in possession of her I.D. purchase a firearm in her name?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Good point.......I was wondering if she really purchased them at all or if it was just made up. Police say 5 guns registered to Nancy......ok so explain 6 and maybe 7? Like the Saiga?

Another thing......I was watching some videos and about people in the school and what they said happened......Police were going room to room saying is he in here? IS HE IN HERE? .......Really?

Well how could HE be in there, you know the shooter you already found dead, how EXACTLY, could HE be in there?
I guess it is a different he...............

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I would say no, unless she qualified under a special exception somehow. This is from a summary report dated Jan 9th.

Ct Judicial Branch Law Library- Summary of State Gun Laws

With limited exceptions, state law bans the sale, use, and possession of assault weapons. People who lawfully owned assault weapons before the ban and duly registered them before October 1, 1994 may continue to possess them subject to certain restrictions. And certain types of assault weapons legally manufactured before September 13, 1994 are exempt from the state transfer and registration requirements. The law also allows possession of certain specified assault weapon models under certain circumstances. Machine guns are legal if duly registered with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and DESPP. It is illegal to use them for offensive or aggressive purposes, as defined in law, or to transfer them to anyone under age 16.

The full gun law statutes
edit on 21-1-2013 by Mysticalsea because: Add link

edit on 21-1-2013 by Mysticalsea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Also I just saw this news video where a mother who arrived at the school during the shooting saw all four doors of the Honda wide open and I think she said black sweat shirts strewn around. She saw the car, then saw the window next to the front door was shattered and another mother there who didn't know what was happening. Then they heard gunfire and ran. The sadness of this parent really hit me.

So either the cops had already ripped the doors open and searched the car...or did multiple people get out of the car because why would he need to open every single car door?

Web page with video

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

edit on 22-1-2013 by Mysticalsea because: (no reason given)

Can a mod please remove, somehow the post had sent twice
edit on 22-1-2013 by Mysticalsea because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join