It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Police Identify Weapons Used in Sandy Hook Investigation /Still doesn't add up

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This video talks about this gun issue at 10 minutes and 35 seconds in:

EDIT: Broken link. Gotta find it again.
edit on 1/22/2013 by theAnswer1111 because: Sorry, broken link. I'll try and get it fixed.

Here is the link to the video: Video Link
edit on 1/22/2013 by theAnswer1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Here is something I am sure that ALL of us can agree on:
After reading the article I cite below, I couldn't be more disgusted with mainstream media; particularly the endless use of rumor and nameless "good friends" that they continue to push as fact. I thought they might have learned after a NY newspaper published an "exclusive interview" with the alleged shooter's brother on their front page only to learn that they were duped by an imposter.

As a former journalist, I understand the value of anonymous sources in reporting and also recognize that double-sourcing prior to publishing is at the foundation of journalistic principles.

In the below article we have a single-sourced, anonymous-sourced reporting of completely unverified information and attempting to convince the reader that what he or she is reading is fact. In the coming hours this drivel will go viral and if and when it is determined that the NY Daily News' reporting is bollocks, the correction will never be publicized.

From today's (22 January 2013) New York Daily News:

The high-powered weapons that Adam Lanza used in his murderous rampage weren’t routinely locked up in his home even though his mother knew he had serious psychological problems, a close family friend told the Daily News.

"Despite the warning signs, in the months before the massacre, Nancy Lanza didn’t secure her arsenal, which included the Bushmaster XM-15 used by her son in the slaughter, along with a 10-mm. Glock handgun, a 9-mm SIG Sauer handgun and four rifles.

“They weren’t under lock and key,” said the friend, who last saw the guns months before the Dec. 14 rampage. “She kept her stuff (the guns) all together in a closet.”

Full Article

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Date published Jan 20.......2 days after the police press release states a shotgun was in the trunk. They totally fail to even mention that weapon, how he got it, or those very large magazines probably illegal, and push the Ar-15, and unlocked weapons. I agree how do we know they were unlocked? Why don't they really slam Nancy and say how hundreds of rounds and large capacity magazines are also left unlocked?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Another thing I noticed yesterday about Dr. Carver........If you listen to what he says he says the primary weapon used was long rifle. He does not say WHAT long rifle or caliber AND he states he only did 7 autopsies. He is being very careful to NOT get caught lying. It does not matter what any reporter asked about the other victim's, he can always say I was only talking about the autopsies I did.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMOKINGGUN2012

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by Dustytoad

The trend seems to be the MSM is correct when it suits your(plural) agenda when making a point

By all means please tell us what exactly is MSM about this:

Lt.Vance told everyone to only believe what comes from the police.
This is from the police NOT the MSM.
That NBC video is posted to show that either the police are lying or they were.
Nobody knows who is lying but we in FACT have 2 contradictory stories about the weapons.
Now that there is an actual police statement claiming there were NOT 4 handguns I am very interested to hear NBC'S response to this.
edit on 19-1-2013 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: correction

Well we can see some sort of pipelining of info....or something. CNN also ran the 4 handgun story, after running the assault weapon story untill around 6:30 pm eastern time. Sounds to me like someone gave out some info to the press and at CNN and one other least jumped on the story.

Also remember.....the story broke on CNN as an OFFICIAL REVERSAL of the story they had been running for hours, with photos of an assault weapon ect ect. Someone had to ask in the news room...."well how stupid are we going to look now"....but ran the story anyway. It is a very good bet that news head asked and asked to have this new info checked and checked again before they change up the story!!!!!

Someone in authority told them that an assault weapon was not found.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

What we have seen in the media coverage of the alleged shooter is an endless stream of rumor being showcased as fact, information attributed to anonymous sources being debunked, wild speculation about his medical history being repeated over and over. It is absolutely disgusting that the principles at the foundation of journalism are completely disregarded in favor of un-sourced, sensational rumor from anonymous individuals.

While the abominable media coverage of Sandy Hook is a microcosm of what's wrong with "journalism" today; Sandy Hook, Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend, the British hacking scandal, NBC News editing George Zimmerman's 911 call to make him appear racist, and an endless list of other outrageous flaws in journalism that maybe the public would actually demand a return to true journalism. Frankly, the media needs to once again understand that it is more important to be right than be first.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I have seen NBC report, multiple times since december 15th, that it was the long gun. I havent seen anyone, anywhere, corroborate the '4 handgun' story since this one, single report.

Logic dictates that it was misreported, and nothing more.

Well CNN ran the same story for some time after 6:30pm eastern. Had pictures of the handguns, types ect. This would indicate something far more complicated than a misreport.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Date published Jan 20.......2 days after the police press release states a shotgun was in the trunk. They totally fail to even mention that weapon, how he got it, or those very large magazines probably illegal, and push the Ar-15, and unlocked weapons. I agree how do we know they were unlocked? Why don't they really slam Nancy and say how hundreds of rounds and large capacity magazines are also left unlocked?

What boggles my mind is that no one in the media has even pondered the idea that firearms were part of the shooter's family's life from his earliest years? The implication being that prior to the divorce, were there firearms registered to the shooter's father? It might explain why the shooter's mother purchased her own firearms after her separation from the shooter's father. I mention that because it is obviously much easier to blame a corpse because, to my knowledge, a corpse cannot refute such statements or sue for slander....

No one but investigators know the potential ways that the shooter's mother stored her firearms; there are some things that using anonymous sources makes sense (but in good journalism an anonymous source is always verified by another independent source), in this case there is no benefit to using an anonymous source.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

This is a version of the helicopter video and authorities taking guns out of the trunk. Start at the 2:30 mark, looks clearly like 2 guns removed.

People are saying this is the unedited video. Later only one gun shown

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Has anyone analysed this video?

I would like to hear what people think.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Has anyone analysed this video?

I would like to hear what people think.

I think that was covered in this thread: Proof 2 Guns Found in Black Honda at Sandy Hook Elementary School

It's a big thread, but it had some great information.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Here's some screenshots I took of the video

First picture we see a second technician leaning in to grab a gun (tech in middle has one in his left hand already) outlined against suit of tech above:

Here's 2 more where we can see one gun in the left hand of the tech at upper right (appears to be a rifle due to circumference of barrel), tech at top left has one in his right hand away from camera (most likely the Saiga shotgun) :

edit on 22-1-2013 by Asktheanimals because: edited for clarity

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So everyone agrees that 2 guns were in the trunk. Ok thanks.

I missed a few threads on this over the last month.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
So everyone agrees that 2 guns were in the trunk. Ok thanks.

I missed a few threads on this over the last month.

Everyone but the guy that said it could be an umbrella.
seriously....

Only one dissenting opinion thus far.
Lt. Vance still has some 'splainin' to do.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Everyone but the guy that said it could be an umbrella.
seriously....

Only one dissenting opinion thus far.
Lt. Vance still has some 'splainin' to do.

But Asktheanimals, in your wildest imagination, do you think we will ever hear Lt. Vance do some 'splainin'?

I mean isn't it the same Lt Vance who said this:

Police investigating the Newtown school shooting have issued a stern warning over "misinformation" regarding the case being posted online, stating that the those behind fake profiles and other misleading information will be prosecuted.

Connecticut state police spokesman Lieutenant Paul Vance told reporters at a briefing in the town on Sunday: "One of the things that is becoming a concern is misinformation is being posted on social media sites."

Vance noted that in some cases, people had set up social media accounts purporting to belong to the gunman or other people connected to the case. "It has been threatening, it has been inaccurate, it has been people posing as other people," Vance said. Perpetrators "could be subject to arrest", he added.

"It is important to note that we have discussed with federal authorities [that] these issues are crimes," Vance said. "They will be investigated and prosecutions will take place."

It sounds like in his world it is probably misinformation, even if there is photographic evidence, if a person is questioning the number of guns found in the trunk or why the CT State Police identified the Izhmash Saiga-12 as a Canta-12 (using the Russian form of the gun) or asking why they failed to mention it is an assault weapon...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I am absolutely convinced Vance is part of the cover up/misinformation circus.
From one of his first briefings he made a joke when asked about the guy in the woods like we will investigate even someone chopping wood. Chopping wood huh? Unless the Bee is lying that person was an off duty SWAT and the police would have known within minutes he was a cop. So why joke about it? Why not just say it was a cop? He lied right from the start and still is.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Asktheanimals because: spelling error corrected

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
please people, stop spelling it Canta-12, it's сайга-12 and pronounced as sai•ga. Hence the respelling of saiga instead of сайга. Also none of the guns used were assault weapons as that requires the gun to be fully auto,pistol gripped, and have a removable magazine. A semi-auto is not an assault weapon unless you are some government worker passing laws in california.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I am absolutely convinced Vance is part of the cover up/misinformation circus.
From one of his first briefings he made a joke when asked about the guy in the woods like we will investigate even someone chopping wood. Chopping wood huh? Unless the Bee is lying that person was an off duty SWAT and the police would have known within minutes he was a cop. So why joke about it? Why not just say it was a cop? He lied right from the start and still is.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Asktheanimals because: spelling error corrected

I've said it so many times i'm sick of repeating it.. Vance is nothing but a paid head to speak, he says nothing that isn't approved by Col. Stebbins (and trust me Dan can be a pain, I've trained under him) but he [Vance] cannot go off what is handed to him or he will lose his job. If you wanna put it on someone to not be giving the whole truth, blame Stebbins.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Check this out....an article quoting that same friend with more info.....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This was not mentioned in yours......

But while Nancy Lanza may have harbored some concerns about her son's mental state, she kept her guns - about a dozen in total - in an unlocked closet.

She had 12 guns now??????????????

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Only goes to show these commitment the British press to the "facts". They have taken to this case with a vengeance and are the source for many of the stories about Adam Lanza being a "devil worshipper" and how he would sit alone in his room for hours on end planning the massacre. Tabloid journalism at it's finest.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join