It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, someone has the guts to say it

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sorry OP I hate to steal Ann Coulter's thunder but Chuck D. Public Enemy #1 brought us this noise 25 years ago when I watched music videos on Mtv when it was Music Television every morning before indoctrination training at my local public school. I learned more reality there and then on my walkman on the bus from Griff and Chuck D than the rest of the day a lot of times.
They had streaming at the bottom of one of their videos black on black crime statistics. I couldnt find the video. I think it was either fight the power or bring the noise.

Having said that, since we are on a conspiracy forum I add this to the mix. Known fact: CIA supplied Freeway Ricky Ross with coke, crack, and guns.
Iran Contra supplied coc aine to where ? Low income neighborhoods.
Establishment investors started pushing for privatized prisons. They knew what was up.

True are the statistics. Sad to say. Is it safe to say that this another attempt to keep the black man down by making more laws with stiffer penalties because pot aint sending nobody to prison anymore. The drug war is becoming a njoke. The jig is up. 1gram of crack brought 20 years. 1gram of coke 5years. Federal Sentencing Guidelines. Why do you think that is?

What better way to start it back up against the black man stealthily than to have that Uncle Tom executive order it in. Talk about black on black crime. Wanna see how its done? Watch Obama!
edit on 17-1-2013 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
According Behold a Pale Horse Cooper said prisons and the drug war was developed to curb the oncoming multigenerational welfare/foodstamp waterfall. You have oxycotin in the Appalachian area. Meth in the midwest. Crack in the urban areas. Waterfall was damned.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I hope ATS understands these are of a sociological discussion not recreational. I implore you ATS handlers please allow discussion to continue.
edit on 17-1-2013 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

You obviously don't want to discuss anything. You believe in your ignorant beliefs and no one with any sense is going to change your mind. You're just looking for other idiots to validate your crap. Why bother?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ann Coulter Takes the Racial Plunge On Gun Crime

ou can't draw simplistic comparisons on race or ethnic makeup. In fact, the FBI warns against drawing conclusions for the following reasons: “Crime in the United States provides a nationwide view of crime based on statistics contributed by local, state, tribal, and federal law enforcement agencies. Population size and student enrollment are the only correlates of crime presented in this publication. Although many of the listed factors equally affect the crime of a particular area, the UCR Program makes no attempt to relate them to the data presented. The data user is, therefore, cautioned against comparing statistical data of individual reporting units from cities, counties, metropolitan areas, states, or colleges or universities solely on the basis of their population coverage or student enrollment. Until data users examine all the variables that affect crime in a town, city, county, state, region, or other jurisdiction, they can make no meaningful comparisons.”

This is racial coding. This is trying to get you to believe that white individuals commit crimes at a far lower rate than any other group. This just isn’t true; it is only her perception. African Americans are imprisoned at a rate disproportionate to their makeup in society. There is clear and documented racial bias and discrimination in sentencing. Coulter's statements feed into the notion that black equals criminal. For those that say racism isn't the problem here, Americans still express explicit and implicit racial attitudes towards minorities and these views contribute to how we think about and view crime in America.

The thing about racists..is they believe everything without actually looking into anything.

I really don't like stupid ignorant people, they are the reason this world is going to hell.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
It can't just be down to poverty, surely?

Otherwise, any poor area - regardless of ethnic makeup - would have the same stats.

What about poor white areas?

Poor Asian areas?

Poor Mexican areas?

Poor Arabic areas?

Do Asians, Mexicans, and Arabs suffer less than blacks from poverty and discrimination?

Whites and Mexicans aren't very different. I have lived in many trailer parks, cheap crappy apartments, and even project housing in my childhood and I can tell you without a doubt that there isn't much of a difference on the skin color, 90% of the people there are "criminals." If you think poor whites aren't just as guilty then you my friend have never met very many truly poor white people. I am one, poor white that is, one of the few who wouldn't screw another person over for a buck, trust me, I should know better than most.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Originally posted by Superhans

Originally posted by iSHRED
While it may be true that minorities are involved in more cases of gun violence, it's still a very small percentage of total minorities.

Look up the prison population by race, that is all im going to say about that one.

While I do agree with the comments made...

Understand that the prison system is all about making money. The more people locked up the more money the owners of the prions make. Its not a fluke, the system was designed this way. It would seem that America and EU has "problems" with minority's. But whats causing those problems? Who's manipulating them?

Money that comes from "we the people." That's why we should be more worried about fixing the broken system rather than wanting to throw even more people in for petty crimes. Punishment has proven not to work in most cases so why not try education?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i'm most likely gonna have to read this thread again, which is a shame as my eyes hurt after the uk guns thread, but what i got from the OP's comments first time around was something slightly different to other's views that he is taking a racist stance..
sure there was some troll like mischief in there but thats not an issue to me and i'm not above mischief myself by any means. i felt he was taking an obtuse angle to get people to think about and state the reasons behind it with out being very predictably called a bleeding heart liberal etc, while also very effectively winding a lot of people up and chuckling to himself at the same time. not saying it's fair of him to do that, and maybe i'm way off the mark and my brain is addled from too much discussion, but i very much enjoyed the thread

edit on 17-1-2013 by skalla because: forgetting to type words and spell things correctly and stuff

edit on 17-1-2013 by skalla because: clarity

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Anundeniabletruth

Whites and Mexicans aren't very different. I have lived in many trailer parks, cheap crappy apartments, and even project housing in my childhood and I can tell you without a doubt that there isn't much of a difference on the skin color, 90% of the people there are "criminals." If you think poor whites aren't just as guilty then you my friend have never met very many truly poor white people. I am one, poor white that is, one of the few who wouldn't screw another person over for a buck, trust me, I should know better than most.

I know what you mean. I watch Trailer Park Boys & I say they are alllll white!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

That's not answering my post.

Blacks make up only 13% of the US pop, yet account for 57% of all gun homicides (according to a poster on page 1).

Posters here appear to be saying that this is because black areas suffer from poverty and discrimination.

But obviously they aren't the only ethnic group to suffer poverty and discrimination, yet their gun homicide rate is disproportionately higher than any of the others.

Why?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

But obviously they aren't the only ethnic group to suffer poverty and discrimination, yet their gun homicide rate is disproportionately higher than any of the others. Why?

I believe ARTNUT hits it right here.

The elephant in the room is the dissolving family unit. Have you checked the black marriage rates lately? My experience with younger blacks who live in poverty is that a large percentage have no plans to ever marry. They are still having children, though, and the majority of these children don't have a live at home dad to help raise them, and they don't have the resources to do it without help. That is a problem, and a big one. I think that the point about admitting a problem is valid, but the real problem lies in how to go about bringing back the importance of family to the black community. You can restrict guns all you want, but it will have no effect on this problem. I think it is tragic, and I wish there was a good solution. Parts of the culture need to change.

Except the family unit is all across the board important black, white, brown, hispanic, whatever. However I will say maybe an exception right now is Mexico. Very impressive family unit with a very violent state of affairs right now. Always an exception.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by No_man4

That's because you already ignored it and edited it out of my post that you quoted, but I'll gladly reiterate for you:

It is my opinion that the argument shared by the OP and Anne Coulter is fallacious. The stresses that cause these incidences are primarily socioeconomic. That more ethnic minorities populate the lower classes (and prisons) says more about the endemic bigotry and nepotism that permeate our "egalitarian" society than the disposition of those minority groups.

Yeah that is called sociological wankery...
I know what you are saying but I can clearly see you are just trying to hide an absence of a decent argument amongst a bunch of big words.

Then I'll rephrase my argument in smaller words you might understand better:
I think the OP and Anne Coulter are wrong.
These killing sprees happen because being really poor for a really long time is really stressful making the number of white people that have to deal with the kind of problems that lead people to commit those crimes in the first place smaller.

I took out the racist comments and boiled this down. Being poor is not an excuse for killing people.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I'm impressed that this made it to seven pages, usually topics like this (which tell the truth) piss of the politically correct crowd which will rant and moan till it gets shut down.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun

I know what you mean. I watch Trailer Park Boys & I say they are alllll white!

Perhaps ... but THAT,in and of itself is a Major part of the problem/issue as well

Media 'glorification' via the near multitude of 'theme-styled reality shows' and such. (?)

you don't even have to live near or know anyone who actually resides in a 'trailer park', and yet you can still get an 'upfront, in-person' 'view' into their daily world and overall persona/lifestyle, via the stupid tube
!

much the same as you can get a 'feel' for what it's like being 'cast off' a 'reality' island by your 'peers'.

pathetic, beyond ridiculous, the less than altruistic labels, means and manners of 'displaying' folks for 'who they are' anymore.

reality mah ace :/

edit on 1/17/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: edit: fixed quoted content

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
First off , let me state I believe everyone has a right to self defense, and that disarming a population is only ever to increase control over them

That out of the way.... 90% of killing sprees with guns are perpatrated by white males and teenagers

I'd also note, that according to all you racists, that England is like 50% minority, with a much larger % of minorities than the US (many of them *gasp* Muslim and West Indian).

Contradictory? Or can't the association of angry white guys remember their talking points?

"If you don't like it, go back to your country" - An Indian

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
i said what I said cause someone had to have the guts to say it. There, I said it. Enough said. lolololololololol superhanslol

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
And leave Bubbles out of this!! And Conky too! Just sayin, cause I felt it needed to be said. haha

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
**ALERT** It is important that all of you read this thread to fully understand the implications. It is NOT JUST ABOUT GUN CONTROL.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teabags

That's because you already ignored it and edited it out of my post that you quoted, but I'll gladly reiterate for you:

It is my opinion that the argument shared by the OP and Anne Coulter is fallacious. The stresses that cause these incidences are primarily socioeconomic. That more ethnic minorities populate the lower classes (and prisons) says more about the endemic bigotry and nepotism that permeate our "egalitarian" society than the disposition of those minority groups.

Yeah that is called sociological wankery...
I know what you are saying but I can clearly see you are just trying to hide an absence of a decent argument amongst a bunch of big words.

Then I'll rephrase my argument in smaller words you might understand better:
I think the OP and Anne Coulter are wrong.
These killing sprees happen because being really poor for a really long time is really stressful making the number of white people that have to deal with the kind of problems that lead people to commit those crimes in the first place smaller.

I took out the racist comments and boiled this down. Being poor is not an excuse for killing people.

Excuse me? Racist comments? Did you even read the thread? Because I've been arguing against racism from page one, thank you very much.
I never said it was an "excuse". The point I was trying to make was that a lifetime of being restricted to a state of crushing poverty by the reigning cultural hegemon makes people desperate, and enough desperation makes people snap in ugly ways. The point that I was trying to make is that the problem is a result of our inherently flawed system and the racist majority that operates it and not the color of the skin of the criminals it creates.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The point that I was trying to make is that the problem is a result of our inherently flawed system and the racist majority that operates it and not the color of the skin of the criminals it creates.

Who's the racist majority? This "flawed" system is run by racists for sure, but they aren't who everyone thinks it is.
edit on 17-1-2013 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join