It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories About Death

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Matter is in a constant state of Quantum Evolution and as is the history of our Solar System

I read the same theories in chemistry text books. Heavy metals are a long way down the chain and you need a series of big celestial events to reach that density. For instance our sun has some older elements from previous solar systems.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

Yes...This is an issue where I have no idea what is the history or reality. Since it is impossible for the Plasma that cooled to become our Star and Planets to also create the Heavy Elements...did such elements have to wait for Supernovas to occur to exist.

This seems unlikely for all of the quantity of Heavy Elements because if this is the only way to get them then there would not have occured enough Supernovas to generate all the Heavy Elements in the Universe.

I believe that the extreme temps. that existed at the moment of the Big Bang...just as in a Supernova...created much of these existing Heavy Elements.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

As far as a Non-Biologic Life Form...think about this.

Our Sentience is existing because of our Brains complexity.

Now our Brain is a Biological Quantum Computer. If we are to..and have...build a Silicon rather than Carbon based Quantum Brain and model it's computational complexity after the neural design of Human Engrams...such a Quantum Computer would be capable of Self Determination and Independant thought.

In effect...it would be Conscious thus ALIVE.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

The point is that unless you have been gifted with some sort of super power, how can you possibly be in a position to know, for certain, the structure of Reality? When you make declarative statement about the structure of Reality, why should anyone pay attention to you?

If I actually thought that you were serious and willing to expend the necessary effort to learn, I would teach you exactly what I know and why I know that what I know is accurate. My mommy's been dead since 1973, so she's not the one who told me. The truth is that literally anyone can figure out what I figured out, and many people have come remarkably close to nailing the one key to figuring it all out, only to inexplicably veer off aggressively before settling into what I've discovered to be the most effective and efficient "pathway" toward the kinds of reveals that I've been treated to.

You can think whatever you want about whatever it is you want to think about, and I agree that faith-based thinking is foolishness. Empirically driven conclusions aren't much better, and most "scientific" indications are badly misinterpreted, leading the physics community to be divided along clear lines depending on whether the belief is rigidly conservative or wildly "adventurous". Obviously, the research isn't the issue, but the translation of the empirical data being gathered by the study participants.

I work with reliable "reality anchors" and intense disciplined inference. I also allow the time (years and years) for indications to prove their validity. I don't waste my time on dead ends and I have no ideological requirements to satisfy. You can't make any money off what I've learned, and no one seems to feel that it gives a person any power over anyone else - and I suppose that this is true. Also, there's no "community" of fellow adherents to embrace you, and this could be an issue for some folks. Nothing to gain at all. That said, I can prove that it's accurate - for what that's worth to most anyone I've ever shared it with. In fact, it's nothing dramatic at all. Just as completely natural and ubiquitous as you'd expect reality to be.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Death do us apart..? How about death join us together !

I am a sceptic, even though I once experienced what I would term`` divine love ´´
unfortunatly only once and that was a long time ago..Recently I had one of those rare lucid dreams, I got picked up by a spaceship and they took me to another planet,quite similar to ours in some ways, but totally ecological. Everything was recycled and unecessary things that seem to clutter up our lives here did not seem an issue there.Whilst making the rounds and talking to poeple I ran into a young girl who through her behaviour caused me to focus on her, making me realize that she was a much younger version of my older sister.
Not totally the same appearance, but definetly the same person, I exclaimed to her and the poeple around us that she used to be my sister and that I now knew why I was visiting them,
it was to come to the realisation that our souls and apparently also our personalities reincarnate from life to life and from planet to planet. My sister who prides herself on being a ´´scientist ´´ does not believe in anything outside of the material and she firmly believes that death is the final curtain. She is a very dedicated eco activist however and even though she does not believe in a hereafter, there she was on a very eco planet in a very nice new body living a life she was always fighting for in this world. Quite the awakening let me tell you, I looked at my phone and it was exactly 11:44
Nice touch I thought..! Told my sister, but she is definetly totally stuck in this life.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I wonder if it's possible that a little bit of all your scenarios take place. If so what would the cycle be on that. Be interesting to think about. I'm tired tho and going to bed night.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Yes...This is an issue where I have no idea what is the history or reality. Since it is impossible for the Plasma that cooled to become our Star and Planets to also create the Heavy Elements...did such elements have to wait for Supernovas to occur to exist.

Going off memory...
The first elements created stars which imploded and exploded until they finally go bang. At a certain size this bang is large enough to create heavier elements through nuclear fusion. Now the same star has a new composition of heavier elements. The star later shrinks and builds temperature with the heavier elements creating ever hotter temperatures and bang. It all goes out as star dust.

I don't know what level of interaction 'life' has with elements. I believe it's known that life will create the most stable element, being iron.

The cycle of star to star dust and star dust to star again is enough to explain all the elements. Tampering with elements is already possible with nuclear technology.

BTW, you should know that every element on the periodic is listed by number and there are no missing spots. The only elements that we don't have can't exist in our environment. They are not stable.

When the big bang went bang there was no such thing as an element at all.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

such a Quantum Computer would be capable of Self Determination and Independent thought. In effect...it would be Conscious thus ALIVE.

I can see how the internet is alive, but until you make a self replicating computer which adapts to it's environment, and preferably self-maintained I'm not buying it. No carbon footprint too.

edit on 23-1-2013 by bowtomonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
5, 4, and 2

In that order.
edit on 23-1-2013 by avatar01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Without reading every previous reply I apoligize: Death is what you make it..

No different than a Lucid dream state, death is you world.. What have you filled in your world? That's been your choice the whole time. People say the poor suffer, here is where they thrive.. The death is limitless and inescapable A.K.A I'll see you there. Back on topic, I think it all depends on your mark in this reality. One thing I belieive all people will be allowed is to see the truth into what they believed in, and the marks of their actions left on the world. After that the reality is entirely depended by those actions......

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yes...I am aware of this but what I cannot seem to figure is that there is a Temp. threshold at which is even too hot for any Element to exist...and such Temps. existed at the time of the Big Bang.

If I can remember...I think 4000 Kelvin is Fusion Temp. This is hot enough to fuse Hydrogen into Helium but not hot enough to form Heavier Elements. I think 5000 Kelvin is Supernova Temp. and this is hot enough to form those Heavy Elements.

Hovever...Big Bang Temps. were over 8000 Kelvin and at such Temps. an Atomic Nucleus cannot exist.

As far as the Periodic Table...I actually have one here. There is an Element not currently on it that is between 110 and 120. This element is responsible for accessing the Strong Force of Gravity. Now most of us know about Gravity being called the Weak Force...even though Gravity is not a true Force at all...but this Element when used in a Matter/Antimatter Reaction is capable of creating a release of Energy that is not specific to only our Universal Reality. It is said to be able to create a Multiversal Energy Cascade that can be accessed within one Universal State.

This makes sense as since in order to create enough Energy to represent a Huge amount of Mass in order to Fold Space/Time...since there is not enough existing Antimatter in our Universe...a Multiversal Cascade would solve such issues as well as allow containment of such a reaction.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

What I am talking about is replicating the Human Brain.

It is logical to assume that Sentience can only be created by the use of a Computer that works like a Human Brain. It would have to be a Quantum Computer as is the Human Brain and have at least close to or greater than the same complexity.

The Human Brain is a Biological Computer of Great Complexity. It is Bio-Electric and needs fuel to run. A Silicon version of the Brain would also be Electric but not need fuel. It would need the complexity to allow Mental Growth.

After all...the Mind of a growing Fetus is not sentient in it's early development. When it reaches a certain point of development it gains Sentience all on it's own. It is logical to think a Silicon version would do the same.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Hovever...Big Bang Temps. were over 8000 Kelvin and at such Temps. an Atomic Nucleus cannot exist.

This is a big call, and doubtful. You need energy for temperature. I think you are talking about the seconds after the big bang, after the laws of nature kicked in.

Thanks for the info about the element and the concept of strong force of gravity. Multiversal cascade.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The Human Brain is a Biological Computer of Great Complexity. It is Bio-Electric and needs fuel to run. A Silicon version of the Brain would also be Electric but not need fuel. It would need the complexity to allow Mental Growth.

It would teach us a lot about the way we use information and interpret stimuli.

The problem with your theory is that you assume the brain is the home of sentience, when it is not.

The brain is the material home of mind stuff. I know how it is a compelling conclusion but it's an organ. It thinks like an organ and it's amazing to think how a non-biological transplant could work.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Your Welcome...now if we could only figure out how to navigate. LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

How do you figure we obtain Sentience and by what mechanism?

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's number one. Plane and simple.

You know what it was like before you were born?? That's what it is to be dead.

Korg.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Mechanism are used by the sentient identity. It is not the other way around.

"To look for god is to find yourself. To look for yourself is to find god."

If you want an aspect of sentience you use the environment to describe it.

The root of consciousness of anything, is always the same consciousness, yes?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Just try to convince the other me that. LOL!

Our Subconscious has an Ego and Consciousness that is completely seperate from our Conscious Ego...or in my case...Ego's.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

higher self reference, maybe...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join