It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories About Death

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

None of these things: your consciousness, unconscious mind, brain sentience and ego, are what you are.
Reality can't be described.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Well if you look at the Brain and what it does...it is plain to see that it is responsible for all thought and determination. Our consciousness is generated from our physical body because without our body there would be no point from which our consciousness could be located.

You can't use the arguement that the Soul is the source of Human consciousness as the definition of being Conscious is a persons mind having the ability to awake, cognizant and capable of understanding stimulus as well as having the ability to contemplate and calculate such stimulus.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Your brain does not make thought. What does it make it with. The brain 'uses' thoughts. You recognize the thoughts in your brain, just as you recognize outside stimuli which you also don't create, as such...

The soul is something I can't describe well but it is not your source of self. It too is phenomenal.

If we rested on the notion that the spirit is what you are, this reveals how the mechanisms work, if the spirit is the original spark. All things have a spark at their core.

I'm not saying that consciousness is the spirit.

a persons mind having the ability to awake, cognizant and capable of understanding stimulus as well as having the ability to contemplate and calculate such stimulus.

Okay now here I differ. There is no such person. You need more than a brain to be conscious but the less you have the less things you are conscious of. There's a difference.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I believe that there is a lot of Brain Surgeons who would not agree with you. LOL!

Here is something for you to think about.

A person undergoes Brain Surgery to remove a tumor. As a result of this sucessful surgery the connection between the Left and Right Brain Hemispheres is removed. Because of this the person develops a split personality.

When the person has a thin board place between their eyes all the way to the wall and on each side upon the wall is a screen where pictures on two flat screens can be shown. One eye cannot see what the other eye sees and as a picture of dog being walked by a child who is hugging that dog is shown to both eyes...and the person is asked to write down what he sees...one hand controlled by the Right Hemeisphere...Creative...writes down LOVE and the other hand controlled by the Left Hemisphere...Analytical....writes down dog and boy.

The Right Hemisphere could only express condition and the Left could only see numbers of the main objects and what they were.

When the same thing was done with a picture of a Circle...the Left side wrote down Circle and the Right side wrote down Ball. Even though the picture was not a ball...the Right Hemisphere had to create an association to represent the Geometric figure.

As this was done again with a picture of this persons Mother in Law...the Right side grew highly agitated and scribbled madly on the paper and ripped it. The Left side wrote down old woman.

It seems that since this woman was known to berate the person the Creative side which is responsible for love as well grew angry and the Left side did not associate the woman as family.

The point is that without the connection between Hemispheres a person develops two distinct personalities that were always there to begin with but governed to an extent by each other in conjunction with the Subconscious.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You understand the brain very well.

This aspect of the brain is interesting on the level that we interpret things. It's not informative about the origin of thoughts.

When you have a spark that enters your mind, you take it because it resonates. You don't create the thought but you cloth it in mental mater, you visualize the thought and to some degree experience it and quite possibly you let it take you in various directions.

The point is, your brain isn't what you think.

The topic of thought is very interesting to me.

There is a lot you can still do after you're dead. There is nothing you would bother doing after you died that a living being could understand except for the fact you were recently in a body and some of the energy you built up is still going on.

One thing about the brain that interests me is the pineal et al glands - and the ability to perceive without the other sensors. A perfect example would be NDE's where people are able to recall whole conversations when they were clinically dead. I've have similar experiences while meditating where my consciousness seems to permeate the whole room. I've had dreams like that too. I have proven to myself that the perception is real, yet it goes beyond what my eyes can see. I used to think it was supernatural, but it is the product of an organ in our brain.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have never disclosed this on ATS but once I was told very Loudly and very Firmly to "GO BACK" it happened during a period of extreme medical distress.

I cannot tell you any more than this.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
hmm i am quite interested in all this talk of brain surgery and death, seeing as I have had brushes with both.

SEMATECH
Dr. Robert White.
Dr. Von Rosenstein

post mortem cognitive transfer?
induction principle? soul transfer?

let me ask you this bowtomonkey...

- what makes you think it is not both supernatural and the 'product' of an organ in the brain?
- although depending on your definition of supernatural that could make this impossible.

its just... the same 'OBE/NDE'/astral projecting 'aware' consciousness that many experience exists elsewhere with many variations of form including no 'physical' body to go back to. this obviously could not be the 'product' of an organ...

terms... lol

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well there is one way to find out.
As long as I don't re-awaken in another rat race, egotistical, incentivized society where we all continue to spend a disproportionate amount of our time on work to leisure. Feeding an unhealthy obsession with money to obtain materials. Materials held in higher esteem than the person selling you it.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I subscribed to this thread without ever posting up until today when it popped back up on my favourites.

5 weeks ago I had a BPM of 240 and it was a V-tach, blood pressure was as close to zero as you can get.
This episode lasted over half an hour and for 90% of that time I was unresponsive ( dead in my opinion).

I vote for #1 as that is what happened to me, and just to be sure I died two weeks later and the results were the same.
Just thought I would toss in some personal experience to the mix.
To the OP and all posters this thread has been a great read!

Regards,Iwinder

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

As far as dying goes...

I did experience nothingness one time as well.

I had another experience where I did not experience nothingness, but more like all encompassment.

The nothingness was the latter experience…

The first one I was young and maybe I needed the comfort. hah

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

All I tell anyone about death is from my own firsthand accounts.
Having "been told I had died" twice, all I can say is the lights went off and then the lights came back on.
I have no memory of anything in between.
No bright lights, no dark tunnels.
Both times I was pronounced dead by an attending doctor and both times, after a few moments, the monitors came back on and I woke up. There was no attempts to revive me, because of the situations. I just came back on my own.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Having "been told I had died" twice, all I can say is the lights went off and then the lights came back on.
a reply to: teamcommander
Very same for myself, lights off then lights on...
The second time for me was the same as well but a much shorter duration, my recently implanted De-fib put the lights back on in about 3 seconds so I am told.

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join