It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories About Death

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Izak4K

Ah! solid ground at last.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomcake
reply to post by NorEaster

Good sir, thank you. I have no doubt of these things. Memories of past lives that seem so familiar yet so far from my waking dreams.

I've pieced together a lot, but It all heralds from some shyza I've had since I was little. Some industrial emissions and the smell of mothballs reminds me of being in a cramped suburb in Britain during the turn of the century. My room had one window, and there were old newspapers covering the walls for some reason. I'm pretty sure I was an Electrician, or some handyman like that.

I agree. Make preparations in life, so to make the release all the greater

When I was very little - in the late 50s, - I recall spending time gazing out across a very broad, very far away expanse from my yard, and watching the morning sunlight sparkle across the choppy waters of the bay, with the flat ocean horizon splitting the view between Earth and sky - obviously the East Coast, since the sun was up and over the enormous, distant bay in front of me. To my own eyes, we lived high and far from the open bay, and the trees beneath us reached up just enough to block my view of the miles between where I was and the edge of the continent that lay before me. It was beautiful, and in the distance I could hear the tugboats pulling the huge ships (that looked like tiny Matchbox Cars from so far off) into port. This was a daily moment for me, from what I clearly remember, and a very large part of my own early childhood before we moved from that special place to the small town in Upstate NY where I finished off my youth.

Decades later, I brought a girlfriend to that house, to show her where I started out as a tiny kid, and that extremely vivid memory suddenly came back in full force as I stood in that very same yard, and looked out to.......the other side of a very steep and narrow valley, where the tiny city of Little Falls, NY (look it up) squished in just down the embankment, and a brick husk of an old factory still sits on the banks of the Mohawk River, as that relatively narrow waterway winds through on its way to Albany NY. You can't even see it on the other side of that factory building from that yard, and yet, I definitely saw that open bay, and those tiny ships being pulled into port, and that sparkling water as the morning sun danced across it.

And I have no explanation for why I knew that sunlight dances over open water like that, since we didn't get a TV set until 1962 - just in time for the Cuban Missile Crisis, in fact - and we didn't get a car (after my dad left) until 1967, when my mom finally taught herself to drive and bought a Ford Falcon (black). To say that we never got out to the sea coast by the time I was enjoying an authentic ocean view would be an understatement. I hadn't even made it off that street by that time in my own life. And yet, I knew that sunlight dances off choppy open water on a sunny morning when you're looking East toward both the sun and the open water beneath it.

I could assume that this was a past life memory, but the deep research I've done suggests otherwise, and I have to defer to the well established fundamentals of reality itself when something I experience seems to violate any one of them directly, and search for a more plausible explanation. If not, then my perceptions will lead me around by the nose, and I'll never know anything for sure.

Experience is the least dependable source of information, regardless of what anyone claims. Especially experiences that occur when you're in a highly suggestive state of mind - such as when you're a preschool child or under hypnosis. Evidence obtained under hypnosis and the testimony of very young children are both not admissible in a court of law, and it's because such testimony is notoriously unreliable that this is the case. And yet, most of a person's core beliefs are installed into their psyches while they are very young children - or in the throes of a profound emotional, meditative, or religious experience - each of which resembles the hypnotic state of mind to varying degrees.

The material realm provides "reality anchors" (by default, of course) and these are what we use to determine what is real, as opposed to illusory. Logical inference helps take those anchors and directly apply their obvious stability to a broad base of connecting dots, which can then be connected out from there by way of responsible extrapolation. They say that you can figure the basics of everything out by simply sitting and factoring it out from what sits right in front of you if you're disciplined enough - and I think that this is true. The hard part is remaining disciplined enough in your thinking. It gets too exciting, at times, to keep from jumping to conclusions, and that's the danger. The reveals can be very startling.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

That's cool. One man came back.. So where is he now?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

In some way we must understand what this is all about, does names like Alan Watts or even Robert Lanza makes any sense to you? I am not even getting into spiritual world by mentioning those two. There is much more to it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Topic relative ... believer or not this should blow you away

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

Originally posted by UnBreakable
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Awhile back, and I can't remember where I heard it, someone said that after death there is an existence on another "plane". The deceased existing on this plane view the motal world as if looking through a rainsoaked window from the outside. This description was supposedly channeled by a medium. Of course, until a dead person sits down for an interview, we will never be sure. Of the approximately 170 billion people that have passed during the history of the earth, not one has come back and gave the story of what lies on the "other" side.

Your dead wrong about that... one man did come back...
you are just to blind in the world to see the truth

Oh, I see, you want to turn this into a religious discussion. Well friend, you are the one who's blind. The one man who supposedly "came back" never said what's on the other side, except some blather written by man about sitting at the right side of the "father". There's no proof that the man who "came back" actually said those things.That doesn't provide the complete narrative about what it's like. I want specifics, thank you.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izak4K
reply to post by Shema

In some way we must understand what this is all about, does names like Alan Watts or even Robert Lanza makes any sense to you? I am not even getting into spiritual world by mentioning those two. There is much more to it.

Maybe you could do a thread on what you said in your previous post, open it up a bit, you seem to be holding quite a bit in. The two names are not familiar offhand but I will look them up.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Humans are obsessed with logic, belief is given to thought. A word like 'death' brings with it many thoughts, ideas and beliefs.
This is all there will ever be. The dreaming will continue eternally.
Life is but a dream.

Dreams are dreams. Life is life.

Dreams only prove that thought doesn't stop when one is asleep. Even when our senses go to sleep, the mind is at work making what little sense it can of the constant flow of thought, even despite the lack of sensual input to keep it grounded in reality. This is why one doesn't die when he dies in a dream, because what is going on in the dream isn't really happening.

Logic, thought and belief is a part of human nature. It is this way because it is this way. Trying to change that is trying to go against all that is. Instead of eradicating it, you should embrace it.

If there appears to be something happening then that is reality happening.
You say that in dreams there is no sensual input, yet as a man you should realize that there is definite sensual experience in dreams.
Naming and labeling stop in the dream state but naming and labeling happen while in what we call waking state. The naming and labeling and symbolism used in waking state confuse us into believing the words that make up ideas and concepts that lead to belief.
Yes, logic, thought and belief are what make us human but tell me how are we, as humans doing? Is there joy and contentment in the human race? Are you content? Do you feel joy? Have you ever noticed that birds do not complain, that cats and dogs seem to be pretty happy with life, or at least they are not miserable and angry like humans generally are (unless they have been around angry humans). I see that nature is happy and joyful - but humans??
Humans mostly don't like to sit and be quiet alone, mainly because they are plagued by the interior noise.

In a dream (at night sleeping) there is an awareness of what is happening which is then translated into words on waking, first we have to think about what happened and then find words for it.
How is the experience you had 10 minutes ago any different from the dream you had last night? They both only exist as a memory in you. No where else do they appear to exist.

You are the screen on which all appearances appear. The appearance appears and disappears and then appears different constantly but what you are remains, unchanged.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Logic, thought and belief is a part of human nature. It is this way because it is this way. Trying to change that is trying to go against all that is. Instead of eradicating it, you should embrace it.

An unexamined life is not worth living. Socrates.

Saying 'it is this way because it is this way' is not examining what life is. Understanding thought is the key to unlocking the kingdom. The cage of the mind is rarely seen.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I love these type of topics and discussions. But, might there be a place where one could discuss and theorize without the usage of the word 'G-D'? Without perhaps, inserting religion into the argument? Some of the CRAZIEST stories take me in, lead me on, even Sandy Hook crap gets my mind going, but once Religion comes in, I feel whatever is being discussed can no longer be taken seriously. Once I hear "...and he rose from the grave..." I'm done
It's kinda like the way people are looking at 'Conspiracy Theorists' at the moment.

My rant for the morning. Cheers Ya'll!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

I watched this, I might be too gullible, but it did blow me away. Some amazing stuff if true.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Thank You.

Thank You.

Oh and....Thank You.

I guess that just about sums it up. LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
"When human bodies manifest the idea of man by vibrating into the form of man we call that birth. When those wave vibrations cease we call that death. But sounds are born and they die just as animals are born and die, but we never think of sounds as living, and dying, and being reborn because we are not aware of their scientific similarity in both principle and mechanical process."

-- Walter Russell

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by bowtomonkey

The ability to be conscious is unseperatable with the existence of EGO. These two cannot be separated.

Split Infinity

The ego doesn't exist as a living entity. It is a product of thought. The rest is trickery.

OK...I GOTCHA! LOL!

I have been trying to figure a way to prove my point and you have just provided me with what I need! LOL!

You said..The ego doesn't exist as a living entity. It is a product of thought. The rest is trickery..

So Here is where this statement fails you....I have been saying that Consciousness and Ego are one in the same. You have been saying that Ego is the PRODUCT OF THOUGHT and that they are not the same.

Thing is that there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between a Lifeform that is Self Determinant and a Lifeform that is Not.

Any Lifeform that is Self Determinate must have an EGO to do so thus must have CONSCIOUSNESS. A CARROT is a Lifeform but it has no brain and thus cannot think or be conscious.

Any Lifeform on this PLANET that has a BRAIN no matter how Big or Small is SELF DETERMINANT to some extent thus has and EGO and a CONSCIOUSNESS. If it didn't have an EGO it could not be SELF DETERMINANT as being so is a large part of the definition or ability of an EGO.

ANY Lifeform with a BRAIN that is SELF DETERMINANT...must have both CONSCIOUSNESS and EGO. A living thing that has EGO MUST HAVE CONSCIOUSNESS.
A Living thing that has Self Determination...MUST have consciousness.
A Living thing that has EGO must have consciousness.
A Living thing that has Consciousness which by definition means that lifeform is SELF AWARE...MUST have Self Determination....and if a Lifeform has Self Determination...then it MUST HAVE EGO. LOL!

The ability to be CONSCIOUS is the ability to be aware is the ability to be self determinant is ability to have EGO.

All three of these things must exist together and one cannot exist without the other two. The difference between something being able to CALCULATE and something being able to THINK can be answered by any one of these three...Because it is CONSCIOUS...because it has EGO...because it is SELF DETERMINANT.

They are all connected and one cannot exist without the other.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

If I could poke my nose in and add to what you said.
Firstly I agree with you.
A tree is conscious AS a tree whereas I for example am conscious of BEING a human therefore I posses an ego and am self determinate. Beautiful, you did it again Split Infinity.

edit on 18-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Ya...that was a tough one!

I ALMOST talked about possible Consciousness of Matter...as well as possible Consciousness of all life but this has not been specifically proven but there are indicators.

This is the supposed GAIA principal. That being that all living things as well as all matter that is part of a planet such as Earth is a complete living entity and maintains a level of consciousness.

I understand this from a Quantum Level as everything that is Matter whether organic or inorganic in nature is completely comprised of Energy that is in effect Quantum Particle/Wave Forms.

It is possible that all Matter being inreality Quantum Energy...whether being alive or not is connected by Quantum Particle/Wave Form Multiversal Divergent Universal Quanta Exchange. LOL! A mouthful!

This means that since everything is made up of the same things which are inherently connected on a Quantum Level....Consciousness can be encoded within and by and transphered amongst such Matter.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

For creation to begin there has to be a trigger, if I can get away with that term, and maybe this is it , what you said - I'm not typing out that mouthful if you don't mind - in the same way that for instance a seed sprouts.
Do you accept that there was / is a creator? Personally I do, you might not and if so we would probably diverge at this point.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

I honestly do not know if a GOD exists or creator if you will.

If a GOD does exist then it would have used the natural process of Quantum and Biological EVOLUTION to create all that exists over Multiple Billions of Years.

The concept of 6 Days of creation is just the writtings of ancient man and I find it tiresome when some attempt to prove this as they have not a single shread of proof or logic to stand upon.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Why I agree with you totally
I use the term God at times but it has become so corrupt in the minds of many that its effect is more negative than positive. God of dogma? Please! God as creator? Personal experience tells me I can't go past it. As for
sex, well its Him/Her of course and its quite natural for a male such as I am to say Him rather than Her and I would never say IT.

I can certainly understand your reluctance to take seriously the possibility of a creator. Evolution and creation compliment each other and its absurd how many people think they are opposed to each other. I can only put it down to intentional misinformation.

My inclination is towards the idea that the creator uses/used a 'recipe' to bring forth the multitudes of living things upon Earth. That which you put forward earlier struck a cord in this regard hence my interest.

edit on 18-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

There is a very simple Universal Fact...not TRUTH...which those who are so stuck in a specific mold they cannot even turn their heads as to look at other possibilities.

This FACT is that Matter is in a constant state of Quantum Evolution. What does this mean? It means that Quantum Particle/Wave Forms which completely comprise the makeup of Protons and Neutrons which are the particles of mass in an atomic nucleus...are in a continual state of by several Universal Processes...are becoming greater in complexity on first an Elementary level and then a Molecular Level.

At one point after the Big Bang it was too hot for any Elements to exist or even Protons and Neutrons. As it got cooler the most plentiful Element in the Universe Developed which is Hydrogen. Over vast time Hydrogen collected by Gravity into constructs that were to be Galaxies and Stars and eventual planets.

Hydrogen collected by Gravity into Stars then by Gravitic Compression caused Fusion of Hydrogen into Helium and we had Stars generating Heat and Light and various Radiation. As these Stars got older and existed in Binary Systems thus by condition we had SUPERNOVAS of which such powerful explosions formed Heavy Elements such as Gold and Uraniun and Lead...etc.

Thus matter continued to arrange itself into greater and greater complexity until we had Planets and Atmosphere and Water. Then over EONS Molecular Arrangement culminated with DNA an extemely long complex molecule that also culminated into the next more complex state...LIFE.

All of this has occurred as Matter continues to arrange itself in more complex states which is a natural process...as are we...a natural byproduct of the ever evolving Universe.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join